Junior C league

Junior C league

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:23 pm #1

I am a parent from the halton hills junior C lacrosse team as you know you dont play every team in the league so I am wondering who all you guys think is the team to beat? Also I'm going to look now haven't been on pointstreak in a while but who do you think will lead this league in points?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:38 am #2

Gotta think from the Central division the defending champs Clarington and Peterboro are the teams to beat with Whitby not far behind. In the east it looks like Cornwall seems to be rolling along based on the standings and having lost only their opening game. Like in the west division games are generally close so nobody is out of the picture. The West which has been been tight all year is up for graps as nobody is blowing the other teams out of the water. Halton Hills have been the best team the last month having gone on a 8 or 9 game win streak including a big win over second place Caledon on the road a couple of weeks ago. Playoffs should be interesting !

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:58 am #3

I am a parent from the halton hills junior C lacrosse team as you know you dont play every team in the league so I am wondering who all you guys think is the team to beat? Also I'm going to look now haven't been on pointstreak in a while but who do you think will lead this league in points?
WELL THE EAST LOOKS LIKE THIS , in my eyes. Cornwall are tooled with all ex jr.b players from Akwesasne and the defunct celtic witch is why they seem to be running away with the division. Kingston is totally retooled under new ownership but still not very well coached. gloucester and nepean will get better now that their jr.b"s did'nt make the play-offs.Kanhawake ? well if you look on pointstreak at their player stats they have 57 carded players, so no one ever knows who the hell they are going to play from night to night. Brockville has 7 , 16 year olds and probally dont know how to win yet. so what i see is cornwall winning the east and competeing with the central and western winners in clareington in late august. my tourney prediction is cornwall clarington caledon and whitby . then again maybe i'm crazy

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:42 pm #4

Really eh i havent seen that divsion play but you think whitby is going to get in the tournament over peterboro? Just saw peterboro has some pretty skilled players according to pointstreak?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:51 pm #5

i've seen the officiating up there in that neck of the woods and almost always favours teams from whitby when push comes to shove

Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:53 pm #6

Yeah your right have you seen whitby or peterboro play this year?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:02 pm #7

have only seen eastern teams. my job keeps me very busy in the ottawa valley and kingston area

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:28 pm #8

ohh okay I was just wondering cause some kid has 75 points or something plays for peterboro?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 pm #9

B. johnson might be a sniper but I do believe goaltending in that div. isnt the greatest up to this time of year.you must notice how many big snipers each div. has

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:44 pm #10

WELL THE EAST LOOKS LIKE THIS , in my eyes. Cornwall are tooled with all ex jr.b players from Akwesasne and the defunct celtic witch is why they seem to be running away with the division. Kingston is totally retooled under new ownership but still not very well coached. gloucester and nepean will get better now that their jr.b"s did'nt make the play-offs.Kanhawake ? well if you look on pointstreak at their player stats they have 57 carded players, so no one ever knows who the hell they are going to play from night to night. Brockville has 7 , 16 year olds and probally dont know how to win yet. so what i see is cornwall winning the east and competeing with the central and western winners in clareington in late august. my tourney prediction is cornwall clarington caledon and whitby . then again maybe i'm crazy
Its a little different this league now from the first year when it was Shelburne, Center Wellington(now Fergus), Caledon, Innisfil and West Durham when there just wasn't all these AP's in the roster you now have. You kinda knew who you were playing each game because the teams were generally set unlike now. Shelburne , Caledon , Fergus and Innisfil are still that way with very few changes from game to game in their player rosters. The Vets have played for example Halton and Hamilton for example with 6 and 7 AP's in their line up so your not sure who your playing at times. Come playoffs however only 4 AP's plus a goalie are only allowed per game so I guess teams will have figure which of those AP's they will want to use each game unlike the regular season.