Junior A Awards

Junior A Awards

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:28 pm #1

You dont see that happen very often that the team ending up in First place has no one on either all star team.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 am #2

I agree, Noble shouldve been on the first team. The Northmen were 2-3 when he came back and they havent lost since. The scariest game was against Barrie Lakeshores (7-6 final i believe) and he wasnt dressed. He is the backbone of this team and with all due respect to Burke I feel he couldve taken MVP too, definitely the Most Valuable to his team.
On pace for 117 points - 59 goals 58 assists

Ward couldve been first or second team as well. Goalie duo of the year but not on either all star teams? When hes on, he can be the best goalie in Junior lacrosse

Although no barring on the MVP honours... where was Burke in the playoffs?

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 am #3

I don't think the question should be "where was Burke in the playoffs" but rather "where was Brampton in the playoffs". I don't think you can single out one player when no one on that team stepped up.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:22 am #4

Only reason why Ward & Robinson were named Outstanding Goalies is only because they had the lowest goals against. Lot of the time this reward shows the strength of a teams defence.
I agree, Ward could have been first or second team; he can be a great goalie when hes hot. You could even put Whitby's goalie Zack Higgins in the same boat too. With the numbers he put up this year, you have to give him a huge honorable mention as well.

What happened to Burke in playoffs? Maybe running in to an old acquaintance in Tye Belanger at the other end was the difference.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:07 pm #5

You dont see that happen very often that the team ending up in First place has no one on either all star team.
the must have good ones.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:23 pm #6

a 5th place finish this season with the vast majority of your elite
players returning versus a 1st place finish with 12-13 guys not returning
including jones, bryan, suitor, saunders, sorensen... ect

who picks these things ?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:33 pm #7

only 1 award that really means anything anyway and that is what Orangeville kids have drilled in their heads. No politics involved, no questionable experts making the selections, just go out and prove it. Every one of those individual awards can be second quessed, but winning the OLA final shows definitively who the best is in Ontario.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm #8

Every other team tells their players that individual awards are what they should be shooting for and that team goals and championships mean nothing! That Sawyer guy is a friggin' genius!

What a retarded statement!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm #9

you agree. What ever the other teams are telling their players doesn't seem to work as well as what the last three years OLA champs's coach is telling them, genius. And you really shouldn't be using such a despicable word as retarded cause you never know what is down the road in your future, God forbid.