Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 pm #1

Anyone? Let the flaming begin...

Western Conference
(1) Six Nations vs (8) Wallaceburg - Rebels in a walk..3
(2) Elora vs (7) London - McGarr stands tall, Mohawks in 3
(3) Windsor vs (6) Guelph - Guelph in 5, Clippers collapse continues
(4) Orangeville vs (5) Spartans - Dempster is too much, Northmen in 4

Eastern Conference
(1) Gaels vs (8) Mississauga - Gaels in 4. Missy stole one last year, why not again
(2) Halton Hills vs (7) Markham - 'Dogs in 3, toughest D in Jr. B lacrosse
(3) Kahnawake vs (6) Newmarket - Kahnawake in 5, Newmarket pushes but lacks experience
(4) Akwesasne vs (5) Oakville - Oakville in 5, discipline wins out in this one.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:57 pm #2

Not familiar enough with the East so just going to try the West.

Six Nations in 3; Wallaceburg has been struggling as of late, Nations are just too good at pretty much everything. They really put on a clinic when they played in Sarnia and I was quite impressed. One Nations fan thought the game would get out of control because they are so good but they stayed away from the stupid stuff and just played lacrosse. Expect them to be the West winners.
Elora in 4; London has been playing some surprisingly good lacrosse of late and they could possibly steal one, but just one because Elora would be my #2 pick to win the West.
Guelph in 5; Windsor has also been a bit cold lately but then again, they could just as easily find another gear and take it in five. Think this series will go the distance.
Orangeville in 4; Spartans look like they've been good at home and might get a win there; O'ville is good at home and away; can't see them needing all five games.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:39 am #3

Id agree with the Pacer...l think London may steal 1 maybe 2....it will come to Elora s offence and if London stays out of the box ..there defence and tending is strong when its on....l think their 2 wins over Windsor shows that.....but they will have to be alert for Eloras fast break,,,these 2 guys in net are no strangers to each other

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:35 pm #4

Elora's offense will be just fine. If London steals 1, I would be very surprised. The only team they beat above them was Windsor who was less then stellar this season ( and finished 6th statistically speaking). London went on a late season run to make the playoffs against weak teams exception again being Windsor. In their two wins over the Clippers the Blue Devils gave up 9 & 10 goals which won't be good enough to stop Elora.

The only way London has a chance is if McGarr tanks it, which is doubtful.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:52 pm #5

Anyone? Let the flaming begin...

Western Conference
(1) Six Nations vs (8) Wallaceburg - Rebels in a walk..3
(2) Elora vs (7) London - McGarr stands tall, Mohawks in 3
(3) Windsor vs (6) Guelph - Guelph in 5, Clippers collapse continues
(4) Orangeville vs (5) Spartans - Dempster is too much, Northmen in 4

Eastern Conference
(1) Gaels vs (8) Mississauga - Gaels in 4. Missy stole one last year, why not again
(2) Halton Hills vs (7) Markham - 'Dogs in 3, toughest D in Jr. B lacrosse
(3) Kahnawake vs (6) Newmarket - Kahnawake in 5, Newmarket pushes but lacks experience
(4) Akwesasne vs (5) Oakville - Oakville in 5, discipline wins out in this one.
im going to predict some upsets which will most likely happen because no-one see's the real picture.
six nations in 3-thats a given
london in 5-elora doesnt have the heart of last year and londons defense is almost unbeatable if they play like they have been
guelph in 3- windsor has bad goaltending and defence and that will be the death of them
spartan in 5- orangeville doesnt have much experience and spartan has got depth
gaels in 3- also a given
halton in 3- like said best defense in the league
kanawake in 5- newmarket wont win in their arena and defense in brutal
oakville in 3- oakville is too strong in on offense and defense but the only thing i see holding them back is their goaltending

its all going to come down to the best goaltending

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:36 pm #6

The only real problem I have is what you have to say about Oakville. Oakville isn't an offensive powerhouse and they have one of if not the best goalies in the league.

I'm also pretty sure Elora will have an easy time.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:08 am #7

Elora's offense will be just fine. If London steals 1, I would be very surprised. The only team they beat above them was Windsor who was less then stellar this season ( and finished 6th statistically speaking). London went on a late season run to make the playoffs against weak teams exception again being Windsor. In their two wins over the Clippers the Blue Devils gave up 9 & 10 goals which won't be good enough to stop Elora.

The only way London has a chance is if McGarr tanks it, which is doubtful.
well mister facts of the Windsor fault against London,,,if you check th g/a stats the difference isnt alot...between London and Elora.the bigger margin is the goals for,,,Elora has 3 players in the top 25 ....Londons top is 44th... Glebe has played less games..since he didnt sign till almost half the season was done.. but has a better average than MCgarr ...so l dont think its so much if Mcgarr ..slipps up.....but rather londons defence is on..and they can get some goals from all 3 lines ....Elora doesnt have the same strong 2 line offence they had last year..which gave them more depth....and if they meet nations...l would think they will be wishing they had it back....Nations will still be the team to beat either way.....best of luck to all teams

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:41 am #8

Elora also has to play Orangeville and Guelph 7 times, a far cry from Sarnia and Wallaceburg. I would hope Glebe's #'s are close or better than McGarrs, but he hasn't had to play near the games against the top teams McGarr has. Looks like the only team out of the division he played was Guelph.

This series isn't going to be decided in London's net anyway, from the game couple games I did see, they have to play as a team and compete with all they have to give themselves a chance.

McGarr has to do a standup job for the Mohawks and their scorers have to score ( I do agree with you here, they have less balance than the past.)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:58 am #9

The only real problem I have is what you have to say about Oakville. Oakville isn't an offensive powerhouse and they have one of if not the best goalies in the league.

I'm also pretty sure Elora will have an easy time.
I would disagree with your statement about Oakville's goaltending. Yes is is a decent goalie, probably in the top 1/4 of the league, but I think Oakville's great D makes him look better than he is.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 am #10

I stand by my statement. Seeing what he did against Clarington in their own barn would be enough to convince most people that Duffy is an outstanding goalie and could very easily be playing Junior A. That being said, he certainly does get alot of help but give credit where credit is due.

I'm also curious as to which 7 or 8 goalies you would put in front of him in your rankings.