Jr B Awards

Jr B Awards

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:28 pm #1

The Jr B GMs are now voting on these. Does anyone know who the MVPs are they get to choose from? Be fun to see the list.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 pm #2

Tyler Glebe the London tender. London still probably would have made the playoffs but would not be sitting where they are without him. He has to be the most deserving. Wonder why he is not playing for his hometown Jr A team.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 pm #3

Unlike Glebe and London, Elora doesn't make the playoffs without him, second in the league in scoring, first in the west. Easy call.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:01 pm #4

lm not sure London would have made it other wise...London has the fewest goals for of anyone moving on in the west yet finished 2nd seed.more to do with ga...Weidner no doubt all the points for elora makes him valuable as well...to move on to something else..l would say london coaching staff should be a candidate ,,for the coaching award,as they made a pile of rookies and a team that had its downs on the road finish second,a team many would have had as a 7,8th place finisher..Weidner was first in the west for points...Glebe the first goalie in 5 yrs to take the lowest ga from Nations tenders..without a doubt for either..you still need help from your team mates..should be a great playoffs no matter of any award..

Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:29 pm #5

Both of these players should be receiving awards if I'm not mistaken, weidner goal scorers award and Tyler Glebe western conference goalie award. Glebe has my vote for MVP though he played great throughout the season and probably one of the main reasons London had a winning season and finished where they did.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:40 pm #6

The Jr B GMs are now voting on these. Does anyone know who the MVPs are they get to choose from? Be fun to see the list.
I think I would vote for Pollock from Wallaceburg. This might seem strange but think about it. Durston went out after 8 games and VanDamme only played 12. Down the stretch he put the team on his back. They went 6-1 including wins in Elora and Orangeville and at a desperate Windsor team. The guy from Brampton (Pereira I think his name is) was pretty impressive also. Glebe is fantastic but London also has a very good defensive system and controls the ball a lot of the game. Can't argue with Weidner either. I still would choose Pollock though.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:49 am #7

Both of these players should be receiving awards if I'm not mistaken, weidner goal scorers award and Tyler Glebe western conference goalie award. Glebe has my vote for MVP though he played great throughout the season and probably one of the main reasons London had a winning season and finished where they did.
I would say Glebe he played 20 games, when is the last time a goalie played all 20 games in jr.b? And finished with the
Lowest goals against?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 am #8

Glebe was very impressive no doubt. I think it should be very close between Glebe, Pereira and Weidner. That Pereira kid buried 66 goals in his first season of Jr.B and first time playing lax in 6 years apparently, all the while playing for a pretty weak *** team.(just sayin...)
Defenseman of the year should go to Guiltinan hands down from London. (19 goals from the back door)
Coaching staff- How do ya argue Nations' staff after losing 10 players from last years team?

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 am #9

Pereira hasnt played lax since his last year if midget due to OHL commitments in my understanding. Clearly hasnt lost a step. I think its pretty clear that he was by far the most valuable player to his team considering his point total and how poor his team did. Without him on Brampton, I wouldn't be surprised if they went winless this season. Just my opinion