Intermediate

Intermediate

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:42 am #1

Just looking at some of the intermediate scores and noticed that Nepean is undefeated and playing in C?  

Two years ago they took a bunch of Jr B guys and won at C.  Anyone who has played them at the provincials care to post their roster. 

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:48 am #2

This Definetly needs to be looked into. Sadly, I don't have the roster but I watched the Nepean Vs. Uxbridge game and although it only ended 1-0 for Nepean, it appeared that Nepean is much stronger than the intermediate competition.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 am #3

nm

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:43 pm #4

This Definetly needs to be looked into. Sadly, I don't have the roster but I watched the Nepean Vs. Uxbridge game and although it only ended 1-0 for Nepean, it appeared that Nepean is much stronger than the intermediate competition.
She:kon!

Nepean is rated correctly. Oshawa played them with half a roster and beat them in their tournament, played them again with our roster filled in with midgets and lost in overtime. We were rated B, but low B. They are a good team, but a good 'C' team. Any 'C' team in Zone 6 is capable of beating them and they are capable of beating any 'C' team in Zone 6. However, they wouldn't likely beat any of the higher 'B' or 'A' teams in Zone 6, period.

Nothing needs to be looked at. They have some players that might have played up with their Jr. B team, but that isn't as much of an advantage as it appears and this happens all the time with Intermediate teams. No big deal.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:38 pm #5

nm
I never said they should be rated differently, Nepean would not compete in B and I wasn't implying such. However, from what I saw I believe they may be using Junior players to help their team and I thought this should be looked into.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 pm #6

She:kon!

Intermediate players are allowed to AP to junior teams. That has been in the rules for many, many years.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...