Intermediate Rankings

Intermediate Rankings

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:26 pm #1

So its nice to see that there is a legit ranking system this year that allows us all to see game scores and records. What surprises me is the ranking of some teams, especially those near the top. Orangeville on top is no surprise, but how the hell is Cambridge in 2? They may be undefeated, but what competition do they really play? Same thing goes for Windsor... they are 2 teams in sub-par zones, that happen to be off to a good start. When they reach tournaments and start to play good teams, im confident there will be changes in the standings. Anyone else surprised about their high ranking?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:30 pm #2

Yes I agree that the rankings will change dramatically! Windsor is typically a B center. Maybe it is because they do not have past experience or records?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 pm #3

fellas last year windsor was and im inclined after seing them in the kazarian that they will be a once again

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 am #4

Cambridge was A last year as well. Its not that they dont belong in A, beucase both teams have proven they do. But are they really the teams to look out for?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:30 pm #5

how many A teams for inter this year ? 12 10 ?
Will teams like london and oakville be A teams?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:43 pm #6

Since teams like Windsor and Cambridge are ranked so highly, has anyone seen them play, and if so, do they deserve this ranking?

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 pm #7

windsor yes cant say for the other teams

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm #8

Cambridge came 2nd 2 years ago in B provincials losing a terribly reffed game to Kanawake (sorry if miss spelled) last year Cambridge won the Owen Sound tournament against Owen sound as well as winning the Cambridge tournament they also did respectable in the St Catherines and Orangeville tournaments

they are zone 8 back to back champions beating guelph both years

so far this year they are playing very well and are off to a good start
this weekend we will see how they do in the orangevile tournament

however something you need to remember is that intermediate is starting to go WAYYYY down in quality so teams such as Cambridge (who have been a growing team for their 10 years in the league and are now becoming a "powerhouse" team in a few of the age groups) will start to climb the rankins.
most centers are either getting a Jr. C team or losing their players to close Jr. C teams. So teams like KW who already had a JR A team and recently got a JR C team cant even floor an intermediate team. this is happening all over the province.

Rumor has it Jr. C was brought in to kill off intermediate Lacrosse (that will be a sad day)

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:59 am #9

While all the banter goes on about the rankings and what teams are for real and so on--the fact is that intermediate lacrosse is not what it was 2years agon where I would say that top intermediate teams could beat jr C teams--this is not the case now- which gives rise to centres like Cambridge and smaller centres the 'A' STATUS I was at the brampton tourney and certainly was amazed at how slow the intermediate games were. On the same weekend I saw the Whitby-Clarington Jr C game and it was like night and day the talent and the speed and I would dare say that those two teams would beat alot of the lower tier jr b teams

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:08 pm #10

thats exactly what i was saying intermediate has gone way down in the last 2-3 years