goalie restrictions.

goalie restrictions.

Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 pm #1

if the kid is over 6'5' he can't be allowed to play
if the kid weighs more then 300 pounds he can't be allowed to play
if the kids pads are not the exact size specified by the ola he can't be allowed to play

stop sticking these fat out of shape kids in net and pretend to think they are goalies....

its stupid to think what lacrosse goalies have become..

even i used separate arm and chest pads when i first played, not to mention a layer of football pads to cover the gaps...
no stupid " mommy says i got hurt bc the pads were small" lawsuits
no shitty 1-1 games bc the goalies covered the whole net...

lets not forget about what the lacrosse goalie was prior to the boddam era!

Sat May 19, 2012 4:40 pm #2

Would Cosmo be Cosmo if he had to wear the gear that was used when he was born in 1977?

Sat May 19, 2012 9:53 pm #3

if the kids pads are not the exact size specified by the ola he can't be allowed to play

stop sticking these fat out of shape kids in net and pretend to think they are goalies....

even i used separate arm and chest pads when i first played, not to mention a layer of football pads to cover the gaps...

Blah ,Blah ,Blah.Always the same rant.Fat this ,boddam that.
Lets talk about offset heads ,tos shafts , reebok o-stick technology, cross training ,year round lacrosse and shooting technology.The shots have gotten heavier and faster. You wanna take the protection away from there kids to face that .Then what ? Hurt them so they quit.
A MINOR GOALIE CAN NEVER GET HURT!

Sun May 20, 2012 3:08 am #4

make a limit on the size of the actual goalie so that its more proportioned for 4x4 net...

Sun May 20, 2012 10:28 pm #5

Back then, didn't Cooper sell for box, the same types of protective gear that they did for ice hockey, even if they were functionally different by design? I'm aware people shot at the same speeds they do today but from what I can tell, the CLA and those under them see goalie gear as inhibiting to the shooter. No one has proposed making the net larger if you need space for shooters. Gear is expensive and I can feel for those who have to pay for it, even used if you can find good stuff is not cheap.

Sun May 20, 2012 10:33 pm #6

Blah ,Blah ,Blah.Always the same rant.Fat this ,boddam that.
Lets talk about offset heads ,tos shafts , reebok o-stick technology, cross training ,year round lacrosse and shooting technology.The shots have gotten heavier and faster. You wanna take the protection away from there kids to face that .Then what ? Hurt them so they quit.
A MINOR GOALIE CAN NEVER GET HURT!
Parents want and demand that their kids be well protected. Even as an adult that is my goal save for mobility and flexibility. Will the game limit the speed of shooters? Of course not since they can't. What will it take for the CLA and others to see that the gear needs to be padded for safety? They seem to think it inhibits ball play so they cater to the shooter not the defender. Kids will play if they can keep from getting hurt unnecessarily, so that should be their goal.

Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm #7

every parent wants there kid to be safe, but every coach wants a big goalie... limit the height and weight of the goalie and now we have fair competition!

Mon May 21, 2012 1:04 am #8

It's a goalie ....not a jockey! Of course a coach wants a big one .Who wouldn't ? A good coach should be able to coach his shooters to move the slow footed stupid goalies and make their own holes.An even better coach will make his big goalie fast on his feet....this is deadly.....This makes for the next Cosmoooooooooooo............

Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 am #9

every parent wants there kid to be safe, but every coach wants a big goalie... limit the height and weight of the goalie and now we have fair competition!
Yeah lets go ahead and turn down kids who want to play the game because someone, who themselves wore over sized equipment, deems them to naturally large to play their desired position. What an incredibly smart way to grow the sport of lacrosse, next lets limit the game to only certain races and skin colour.

Give your head a solid smashing off the desk and see if this is really how to go about increasing scores and reducing lawsuits based on asinine rules created by people whose only tie to the game is the paycheck they get. I cannot believe this drivel has been allowed to stand this long.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 am #10

Back then, didn't Cooper sell for box, the same types of protective gear that they did for ice hockey, even if they were functionally different by design? I'm aware people shot at the same speeds they do today but from what I can tell, the CLA and those under them see goalie gear as inhibiting to the shooter. No one has proposed making the net larger if you need space for shooters. Gear is expensive and I can feel for those who have to pay for it, even used if you can find good stuff is not cheap.
Shoot speeds are much much faster now, at every level. The nets have been made bigger in both the Jr.A and Jr.B loops to the 4x4.5 and now we see teams routinely put up 20+ games and it makes for extremely boring lacrosse, who wants to go to a lacrosse game and sit around for 30 face-offs?

Easiest solution is ban shoulder caps of any kind, the only reason goalies are so big are the outrageous shoulder caps Boddam has brought to the game. This thread should never have even been created.