Field schedule

Field schedule

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:37 pm #1

I was wondering if anyone in the field lacrosse world could tell me if we will be playing on the weekend of April 18th, some of our boys will be finishing up their hockey season and will not be able to attend.

Thank You.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:36 pm #2

Unfortunately this can not be confirmed as the schedule has not been released for this year, however, traditionally, there have not been games on Easter Weekend.

We were promised on the forum 2 weeks ago that at the very least, locations would be communicated to us by last week. Here we are, almost a week longer empty handed. Centre Reps don't even know complete details and more times than not rely of this forum to find out information.

We were asked to 'be patient,' and patient we will be, but i thought Canadian Hospital wait times were bad...

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:50 pm #3

Easter isn't the weekend of the 18th...and I believe the East is starting on the weekend of the 18th

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 pm #4

Unfortunately this can not be confirmed as the schedule has not been released for this year, however, traditionally, there have not been games on Easter Weekend.

We were promised on the forum 2 weeks ago that at the very least, locations would be communicated to us by last week. Here we are, almost a week longer empty handed. Centre Reps don't even know complete details and more times than not rely of this forum to find out information.

We were asked to 'be patient,' and patient we will be, but i thought Canadian Hospital wait times were bad...
nm

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:55 pm #5

Some centres haven't even had tryouts yet and here we are with 2 weekends left til what could be the start of the season...too much. As the poster above said; we were told locations in a week and yet nothing and now it's two weeks later. Truth be told it's probably going to be like last year, we'll get the location as well as the times of games all at once 2 days before the first game.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:07 am #6

If you don't like it volunteer your time...
If you don't wanna volunteer than sit back relax and be quiet, Once everything is finalized you will have all the info.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 am #7

You get the prize for being first out of the gate this year with the 'volunteerism' nugget.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:09 am #8

She:kon!

OK, I'll be first out the gate with the minor-field-should-be-in-the-fall schpeil:

<strong>Minor Field should be in the Fall.</strong>

There.  How'd I do?

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 am #9

nm
Isn't that weekend the coaching clinic in Guelph? That wouldn't be the greatest idea to have the 1st weekend when there will be a whole slew of coaches trying to get the NEW proper qualifications that have come out. Just throwing it out there.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 am #10

You get the prize for being first out of the gate this year with the 'volunteerism' nugget.
That's very arrogant and in your face. May I ask what it is that makes you think I HAVEN'T already stepped up and that I don't volunteer???????????? I am active in my local league, I am active in fact in the local hockey league as well. I am on the executive at hockey, a team mom and general volunteer for lacrosse and quite frankly I resent the implication that I don't volunteer enough of my time. Truth be told it is exactly that reason that I need to have an idea of where I will be on the 6 weekends in question. In order to coordinate my time and let the powers that be know in which capacities I can volunteer to help out and when. Furthermore, as stated in an earlier post by someone else, even the league contacts don't know half the time what's going on until the same time it's posted here. Don't get me wrong I am the first on the "step up or shut up" bandwagon, however I always make sure I'm not "preaching to the choir" and saying it to someone who's asking the questions in order to be able to do just that!!!