Fallout from the Novice Sarnia/Orillia brawl in OS

Fallout from the Novice Sarnia/Orillia brawl in OS

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:20 pm #1

Apparently word has come down from the OLA and the Orillia coaches have been suspended for the season plus Sarnia's lacrosse association got a big fine. Have the penalties already been discussed here??? If so sorry....if not, funny it's been so quiet....what do you think???

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:35 pm #2

a brawl in novice, wow.

the more I watch what my sport has become the more I am disgusted with alot of the coaches, players and parents for allowing it to come to this point.

people really need to learn some class, and actually teach it to the kids, because it is obviously not happening at home.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:12 pm #3

Just curious - I wonder how much Sarnia was fined. And I hope they pass the whole bill on to the parents that basically went on to the Orillia bench and attacked the coahing staff. I don't want to take sides and I'm sure it could have all went down differently and who knows, maybe there was something that could have prevented the whole situation. All we can do is learn from this travesty and all work together to ensure this kind of BS stays out of our rinks and out of the eyes of our kids! The judgement is exactly what I had in mind. Suspensions for remainder of the year along with a large fine for the other side. I tried to get links to the local newspaper from both centres but their websites are very very slow and I am not the most patient right now (at work:))

Google "novice lacrosse coaches suspended Orillia" for more info...

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:44 pm #4

Refuse admission to intoxicated parents to the arena.

They stay outside in the parking lot with their beer muscles.
Arrow's Fan

Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 pm #5

Just curious - I wonder how much Sarnia was fined. And I hope they pass the whole bill on to the parents that basically went on to the Orillia bench and attacked the coahing staff. I don't want to take sides and I'm sure it could have all went down differently and who knows, maybe there was something that could have prevented the whole situation. All we can do is learn from this travesty and all work together to ensure this kind of BS stays out of our rinks and out of the eyes of our kids! The judgement is exactly what I had in mind. Suspensions for remainder of the year along with a large fine for the other side. I tried to get links to the local newspaper from both centres but their websites are very very slow and I am not the most patient right now (at work:))

http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDis ... ?e=1128936

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 pm #6

I heard it was $1000.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am #7

$1500

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:47 pm #8

kinda the range I would have guessed...

Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:49 pm #9

Based on what ?

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:13 pm #10

I heard it was $1000.
The fine has been posted if you follow the link above to the Orillia Paper, there is an article title on the page about Sarnia...there were fined $1000 and are appealling....