Elora pre-season tourney results

Elora pre-season tourney results

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:17 am #1

was just wondering if there was any results from the elora tourney today or game recaps

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 am #2

the games I saw ,,,and my opinion would be ...not knowing exactly who was all missing regular players on the floor..my results regardless is London ,Owen Sound,Brampton Elora,NewMarket ..l know players changed a little game to game ..if what l heard is true the whole in the Mowhawks is the size quarry ..no returning goalies,if Dolby did sign out west and Keane signed in KW ..there isnt a whole lot left but thats called rebuilding...alot of skilled players on the floor for all teams..but l would say the order l put them is not just based on score ,,but the overall balance of the teams....just my opinion...

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:48 pm #3

Newmarket was not there but I would think you are speaking of Markham. Orangeville has a nice fast team which was also there.

Owen Sound looked to be the most improved from the last few years as the actually had some nice ball movement and offense.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:29 pm #4

They came with the shortest bench in the tourney and competed quite well. They have a great tender. I am sure he saw the most rubber all weekend. Brampton was quite surprising. Wasn't sure what to expect out of them but they are no push overs. Great job by the Mohawks putting on the event it ran quite smoothly. Let the regular season begin!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 am #5

the games I saw ,,,and my opinion would be ...not knowing exactly who was all missing regular players on the floor..my results regardless is London ,Owen Sound,Brampton Elora,NewMarket ..l know players changed a little game to game ..if what l heard is true the whole in the Mowhawks is the size quarry ..no returning goalies,if Dolby did sign out west and Keane signed in KW ..there isnt a whole lot left but thats called rebuilding...alot of skilled players on the floor for all teams..but l would say the order l put them is not just based on score ,,but the overall balance of the teams....just my opinion...
Also heard orangeville doesn't have any returning goalies and had a few good players graduate, will be tough for them to find a goalie and replace those offensive and defensive losses

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am #6

Mike Fournier? Did he make the jump to "A"

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:44 am #7

I'm going to assume that yes he did as I heard none of the players that were selected in the dispersal draft from Akwesanse will be reporting to those teams, and I believe Orangeville selected Jacob Lazore (G), so Mike Fournier would be the logical choice to move up to 'A'

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:07 pm #8

Was he not involved in the AJ mason trade with Barrie? I know Orangeville sent a goalie to Barrie in the trade.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:38 pm #9

It was Colton Horan that was traded to Barrie.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:14 am #10

They came with the shortest bench in the tourney and competed quite well. They have a great tender. I am sure he saw the most rubber all weekend. Brampton was quite surprising. Wasn't sure what to expect out of them but they are no push overs. Great job by the Mohawks putting on the event it ran quite smoothly. Let the regular season begin!
I agree, tender played all 3 and saw lots of shots and was first Jr. game for him...can only improve from here