Dream comes true

Dream comes true

Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 am #1

Its just past 5am and I am up and ready to go to work at my "real" job at OPG. gettimg up this early gets in the way ,especially if one wants to stay up late and watch a game or favorite late night programme. When I went to bed last night the Rock were leading Buffalo and Calgary /Washington hadnt begun yet . Well here it is Sunday morning and the Rock won as did Washington setting up an NLL Championship game in my barn. I began PA Announcing about 50 years ago in my room where I would pretend to be the announcer at Maple Leaf Gardens I went on to dabble at times at special events for friends or work . My break came when the Green Gaels hired me in 2003 to be thier man and I havent looked back since. Thanks to the Gaels, Warriors,AP Rock and others that have helped me along the path to next Sunday when I get to announce at an NLL Championship game at the ACC. without you guys I would have never had this chance Thank You for helping me realise a lifelong dream. To all the fans that have said nice things to me with words of encouragement Thank You also . As for the people that I have pissed off over the years too, thanks as well, you too, have been part of all of this for me as well . Any hoo next Sunday I hope you are there or watch on TV it should be a thrilling afternoon.Thanks to all the people in the lacrosse community for your graciousness and freindship. Ron Messer PA voice for the Toronto Rock.

Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 pm #2

Sweet! nm

Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 pm #3

Its just past 5am and I am up and ready to go to work at my "real" job at OPG. gettimg up this early gets in the way ,especially if one wants to stay up late and watch a game or favorite late night programme. When I went to bed last night the Rock were leading Buffalo and Calgary /Washington hadnt begun yet . Well here it is Sunday morning and the Rock won as did Washington setting up an NLL Championship game in my barn. I began PA Announcing about 50 years ago in my room where I would pretend to be the announcer at Maple Leaf Gardens I went on to dabble at times at special events for friends or work . My break came when the Green Gaels hired me in 2003 to be thier man and I havent looked back since. Thanks to the Gaels, Warriors,AP Rock and others that have helped me along the path to next Sunday when I get to announce at an NLL Championship game at the ACC. without you guys I would have never had this chance Thank You for helping me realise a lifelong dream. To all the fans that have said nice things to me with words of encouragement Thank You also . As for the people that I have pissed off over the years too, thanks as well, you too, have been part of all of this for me as well . Any hoo next Sunday I hope you are there or watch on TV it should be a thrilling afternoon.Thanks to all the people in the lacrosse community for your graciousness and freindship. Ron Messer PA voice for the Toronto Rock.
The Moose abides!!.......NM

Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 am #4

Wishing it was a night game as I'd be there myself! As is, I'll watch it that night on PVR. Good luck to the Rock and congratulations Ron!

Tue May 10, 2011 12:04 pm #5

I agree. I have followed the Rock in person for years and do not like that when it comes to the play-offs they switch to afternoon games. I appreciate that they have to reserve nights for "possible" Leaf and Raptor play-off games and I believe there is an Usher concert this Saturday night but it doesn't make it easy for the Rock faithful, especially the ones that are involved in their own lacrosse at this time of year.

Thu May 12, 2011 8:08 am #6

Leaf and Raptor playoff games? in May? Hard to say with a straight face somehow. LOL

But yes, I agree, I suspect that's what one of the issues is. I also suspect TV plays a role, as in the case of the last home game, TSN had an NHL game that night. This time though, I believe the NHL game is an afternoon game.