Could Oshawa start its own association

Could Oshawa start its own association

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:16 pm #1

100% without a doubt they could.... they could grandfather it in starting with tyke.... i bet there would be enough volunteers to start 2 organizations out of whibty. this thread isn't about weather oshawa wants to start a new organization but if you think they should or if you agree that it would be a great idea for the game of lacrosse.. i would love to see the day where oshawa and whibty have to drive 2 hours to play each other.... like we use to have to do driving to whibty..... and not to mention it would be fantastic lacrosse to watch...

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:00 am #2

Clarington and Whitby already drive 2 hours and play each other, I see no reason to make Clarington, Oshawa and Whitby drive 2 hours to play eachother other then it will make you feel happy. Instead of trying to pry apart the biggest powerhouse in the OLA people should spend their time hitting the wall or practicing so they can beat the biggest powerhouse in the OLA.

The CMLA was started by people who were tired of how things ran in the WMLA and driving 20 minutes to practice and play. If there are people like that in Oshawa then one day there will be a branch off, for the time being everything in the WMLA nd CMLA seem to running as smoothly as they can.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:16 am #3

its that easy.... so do you think oshawa could start its own tyke team

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:17 pm #4

Make it easy on yourself, call OLA and ask about the protocol for forming a lacrosse club under their auspices. Once that's done, proceed accordingly.

A bigger question may be whether any organization spawned by a few who are disaffected with their personal circumstances in order to solve those circumstances will be of much use to a wider community.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 pm #5

100% without a doubt they could.... they could grandfather it in starting with tyke.... i bet there would be enough volunteers to start 2 organizations out of whibty. this thread isn't about weather oshawa wants to start a new organization but if you think they should or if you agree that it would be a great idea for the game of lacrosse.. i would love to see the day where oshawa and whibty have to drive 2 hours to play each other.... like we use to have to do driving to whibty..... and not to mention it would be fantastic lacrosse to watch...
She:kon!

In response to this post:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/262128/m ... 3/Tsitshoh

--------------------------------------

Take any words of out of context and string them together, chances are you will arrive at something obtuse.  That is not the fault of the words, but a fault of the function.  All you are doing is constructing a straw man and nothing more.

Luckily, for clarity, I provided a 3-point poistion on my opinion of the original thread.  I am happy to provide it again here so that you may remove the straw man from your efforts and actually try to make a valid point.  Enjoy!

So, to summarize,

1.  Whitby has built up their minor association with hard work and determination and that is the core of their success.  Hard work, determination, enthusiasm is available to all minor lacrosse associations regardless of demographics.  That is fair.

2.  An Oshawa minor association could be formed, but there is no interest and no incentive for change among the current volunteer base with Whitby at this time.  That is fair.

3.  Oshawa and Whitby cannot be split apart by any regulatory force in Ontario lacrosse, eg. the OLA, because it goes directly against the principles of their consitution.  And that too is fair.

So, {<em>add your name here</em>}, if you wish to disagree with any of these three points, or further the discussion here or in private, I am game...

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 am #6

Make it easy on yourself, call OLA and ask about the protocol for forming a lacrosse club under their auspices. Once that's done, proceed accordingly.

A bigger question may be whether any organization spawned by a few who are disaffected with their personal circumstances in order to solve those circumstances will be of much use to a wider community.
i was just asking it to prove my point....

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:42 am #7

The only point is the one that extends up from your ears!!!
enough already. Your at the other end of the province trying to work on associations you will only see maybe twice all year. They don't want to split or they would have done it already.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:01 am #8

its just a question left open for opinion... thats what a forum like this is about.... ugh....

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:15 am #9

Because he and others are keenly aware of the delicate nature of sports organizations. You may feel otherwise, that things survive and thrive on their own and in spite of attacks on their structure but that would make you wrong. The Akwesasne threads illustrate the point. Regardless of lax being integral to their community they have buggered it up, top to bottom. They did it because of infighting and wrong assumptions that things would always be OK.

There's a difference between testing the status quo to strengthen an organization and hypothesizing about reorganization for no good reason or intent.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:50 pm #10

your trying to tell me that talking about "could oshawa start its own team" possibly could be the downfall to the organization of whibty..... this is getting silly