Conradi Intermediate Tournament

Conradi Intermediate Tournament

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 pm #1

Hi, so every i normally get a chance to check out the Conradi tournament but couldnt this year. From posts it seems that Cambridge upset Oville in the group stage. Wondering if anyone can fill me in on the action from the weekend

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14 pm #2

oville cambridge tied in group stage but cambridge beat us whitby 11-2 while we played our best game of the season against oville and lost 7-4

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 pm #3

Hi, so every i normally get a chance to check out the Conradi tournament but couldnt this year. From posts it seems that Cambridge upset Oville in the group stage. Wondering if anyone can fill me in on the action from the weekend
Cambridge looked like the best team in Ontario that weekend. They were losing to Brampton 3-2 with 2:34 seconds left in the finals.. Cambridge tooka penalty and then proceeded to score 3 short handed goals in 2 minutes to win the Conradi tourny. I havent seen a team frustrate and piss off Oville like they did friday night of the tourny. They should have won that game but a terible possesion call by the refs gave Oville the ball back with 1 min left and they scored.

By far the most physical and hard working team in Ontario at the intermediate level.. Scary team for sure, who have beaten everybody... Interesting to see if any team can stop them at Provincials!!!!!

Real Deal Indeed

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:10 pm #4

Real Deal ??? I was at the Brampton game and what had stared out to be a close hard battle turned into some ugly lacrosse . On 3 different occasions the Brampton players were kicked ( on the ground I might add )with no calls from the officials . In 45 years of lacrosse I have never ever seen such disrepect.

Real deal ? .. ya

Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm #5

You must not have seen at the end of the game, when the brampton player crossed checked the cambridge player in the face after a goal was scored, and then the brampton player began to fight a cambridge player, and even after the fight was done, he was trying to choke the cambridge player out. After about 5 mins of laying on the cambridge player he finally got off and as hes leaving he takes a swing at another cambridge player. Its not done there either, when he gets tossed out of the rink he then proceeds to start a fight with the Cambridge parents. So if your gonna talk about how dirty one team is you should get your facts straight first.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm #6

Facts straight .. I was there for the end of the game and the Brampton player was responding to a butt end delivered to a defending player coming back into the play after the finalempty net goal was scored . I dont condone what he did and yes I did see the fight . When the Brampton player was ejected he was returning to get a key for the room and was Chirped by the opposing teams parents.Both the Brampton and Cambridge players exchanged words and it became ugly . I really thought this was heading to be one of the best intermediate games in 2012 and it became out of control .

Agreed , Cambridge is a talented team and deserves a high ranking but this behavour is unexcusable

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:09 pm #7

I dont think that player was defending his player. Because that player has been doing stuff like this all season. But other then that I agree with you on the fact that some teams have dirty games. But, Cambridge is not a team that normally plays like that.

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 pm #8

I certainly hope so ... I for the record believe that they are a solid team thru & thru but winning by definition is a reward for good effort and not resulting to the " win at all cost's mentality ' and resorting to cheap play

The top 5 teams are tight this year and I believe that knowone is a lock to win

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:22 am #9

Cambridge looked like the best team in Ontario that weekend. They were losing to Brampton 3-2 with 2:34 seconds left in the finals.. Cambridge tooka penalty and then proceeded to score 3 short handed goals in 2 minutes to win the Conradi tourny. I havent seen a team frustrate and piss off Oville like they did friday night of the tourny. They should have won that game but a terible possesion call by the refs gave Oville the ball back with 1 min left and they scored.

By far the most physical and hard working team in Ontario at the intermediate level.. Scary team for sure, who have beaten everybody... Interesting to see if any team can stop them at Provincials!!!!!

Real Deal Indeed
hahahahahahhaahah... Cambridge is just a far more physical team, and Brampton was soft. I watched the entire game, wasnt the prettiest but Brampton players and parents cried after every clean big hit! So the Cambridge team was SO dirty that they waited until the last 2 mins of the game when shorthandd to score three goals and win? I dont get it? Also.. that Brampton player got pumped by the cambridge player... THEN.. tried to start a fight with parents.. whether the refs missed some calls during the game (happens in every game of every sport) that kid was a disgrace to the sport and his team.. I dont think anybody is to worried about Brampton come provies. Not saying i dont respect that as defending A champs, but they dont like to b hit, and thats exactly what Cambridge and beaches will do to them..

Just my opinion tho, doesnt mean or count for much.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:27 am #10

Facts straight .. I was there for the end of the game and the Brampton player was responding to a butt end delivered to a defending player coming back into the play after the finalempty net goal was scored . I dont condone what he did and yes I did see the fight . When the Brampton player was ejected he was returning to get a key for the room and was Chirped by the opposing teams parents.Both the Brampton and Cambridge players exchanged words and it became ugly . I really thought this was heading to be one of the best intermediate games in 2012 and it became out of control .

Agreed , Cambridge is a talented team and deserves a high ranking but this behavour is unexcusable
you must be a Brampton players parent whinning about the all around melt down of Brampton!!! 3 kicks and a butt end the refs missed? Amazing..