CLAX playoff schedule

CLAX playoff schedule

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:29 pm #1

For immediate release

March 11, 2012

CANADIAN LACROSSE LEAGUE ANNOUNCES POST-SEASON SCHEDULE

The Canadian Lacrosse League semi-finals will be held Sunday April 1 at 1 pm and 4 pm and the Championship Game Saturday April 7 at 2 pm, all at the Iroquois Lacrosse Arena in Ohsweken. The semis will see first play fourth and second play third from the final standings, which are still very much undecided with eight regular season games to be played.

Commissioner Paul St. John is pleased to be returning to where it all began. To finish the year right where we started is very exciting. We anticipate that we will have crowds similar to or better than our opening weekend, he says, referring to the unique tripleheader that launched the league's first season at the ILA on January 7.

Just six points separate first from last in the standings, including a three-way tie for second place. All six teams are still in contention for one of the four playoff spots and action will be intense over the next two weekends as the regular season concludes.

Ticket prices are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors/elders and $5 for children 12 and under. Early bird packages for all three playoff games are available for $25 through the league web site or at remaining regular season games at the ILA, the General Motors Centre and the Powerade Centre.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:15 pm #2

The early game times could be a tough sell. For me, weekend afternoons are a tough time, I probably won't be able to make it. Lacrosse fans are used to 8 pm games and less afternoon games than most sports, it's too bad evening time slots weren't available, I think that'd make a huge difference.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:54 pm #3

the $12 per game with a $25 pass for all 3 games is reasonable but i think if you want to pack the house for these games you've got to do a "kids get in Free" promotion. why have 500 fans when you can have 750-1000 for your showcase promotion.six nations fans (i'm one of them although i live next door) want to see this league succeed. pack the ILA and build momentum for next season. i've been to almost all the games this year for both teams and there's nothing worse than having great lacrosse being played to a quiet, empty arena. some of these games have had 200-300 although as the Ironmen and Demons continue to play better more people have comeout. another idea....there are 5 local elementary schools in the community. print up "get in free" tickets (with an adult ticket paid...2 kids per paid adult or something) and drop them off at the schools.