CLA Notice..doping control

CLA Notice..doping control

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am #1

Has anybody else seen this yet?

Guessing this control method is in effect now...

http://cla.pointstreaksites.com/view/cl ... news_54334

Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 am #2

that testosterone makes me feel 30 years younger. I've discovered the Fountain of Youth.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:59 am #3

Anybody know if any of these tests were conducted at the President's Cup?

It's tough to implement this sort of thing at an 'amateur' level like this. I guess all lacrosse player's are going to have to think twice about taking certain medications for illnesses and whatnot prior to and throughout the duration of tournaments.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:33 pm #4

How increasingly right wing ideals have crept into our lives . There was no official announcement regarding this so players might be aware ( this should have been huge ) , No, just another dictum from the governing body that is joining the right wing mentality now in control of our freedoms via the Harper dictatorship. It is my belief that whatever happens in a persons home is "their" business. Was,and is, this the same for the Minto/ Founders /Merideth cup and Mann Cups , if so, who does the pee samples and will games / trophys/ championships be taken away if an athlete tests positive. While I agree that performance ehnhancing substances are an unfair advantage, its just the sneaky way this body operates that annoys me no end and man, do they ever hate being held accountable. Nope, just like my Guru the late George Carlin said about Govt and and right wing organisations "its a big Effin Club Dude and you and me aint in it " The Minto was a mess and so are most tourneys the CLA gets its money grubbin hands on. Lets see if St Regis gets to keep the trophy can you imagune the outcry if a Championship was taken away? As for the fans Wamp Ha Ha Ha the stands would be half empty !!!!

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm #5

cynical....as devil's advocate here...test them all, and let's see if any team would get to keep their championship....well ok, maybe from the pee wee down might be ok to keep it...

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 pm #6

How increasingly right wing ideals have crept into our lives . There was no official announcement regarding this so players might be aware ( this should have been huge ) , No, just another dictum from the governing body that is joining the right wing mentality now in control of our freedoms via the Harper dictatorship. It is my belief that whatever happens in a persons home is "their" business. Was,and is, this the same for the Minto/ Founders /Merideth cup and Mann Cups , if so, who does the pee samples and will games / trophys/ championships be taken away if an athlete tests positive. While I agree that performance ehnhancing substances are an unfair advantage, its just the sneaky way this body operates that annoys me no end and man, do they ever hate being held accountable. Nope, just like my Guru the late George Carlin said about Govt and and right wing organisations "its a big Effin Club Dude and you and me aint in it " The Minto was a mess and so are most tourneys the CLA gets its money grubbin hands on. Lets see if St Regis gets to keep the trophy can you imagune the outcry if a Championship was taken away? As for the fans Wamp Ha Ha Ha the stands would be half empty !!!!
What's an "official announcement"? Do they need to telephone you personally? It seemsto me that the posting on the CLA website constitutes an official announcement. It was posted three days ago and has already been publicized here and I am sure that the CLA MAs were well aware of this.

Should players using performance enhancing substances be given advance notice of testing so they can game the tests just like Lance Armstrong did for years? If they're using, they should be tossed. Having said that, there's not enough money in lacrosse for anyone to use.

And WTF is right wing about anti-doping testing in sports?

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:38 pm #7

She:kon!

This was written on the walls a few years ago, and it is one of those things tied into the sports funding scheme.  IOW, follow our policy or find your own funding.

The Canadian Policy Against Doping in Sport - 2011 - from Sport Canada

Canadian Anti-Doping Program - Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport

The slippery slope of ethics and who defines what our ethics ought to be?  Are adults, who freely choose to boost their performance, 'unethical?'  It is unethical for pro athletes and why?  Sport Canada will say they want to provide a level playing field, which is a fair statement.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:41 pm #8

What's an "official announcement"? Do they need to telephone you personally? It seemsto me that the posting on the CLA website constitutes an official announcement. It was posted three days ago and has already been publicized here and I am sure that the CLA MAs were well aware of this.

Should players using performance enhancing substances be given advance notice of testing so they can game the tests just like Lance Armstrong did for years? If they're using, they should be tossed. Having said that, there's not enough money in lacrosse for anyone to use.

She:kon!

"...there's not enough money in lacrosse for anyone to use."

Oh yes there is, especially when there are lucrative US college scholarships on the line and all the business surrounding that.  Doping in lacrosse is not new and it certainly exists for more reasons than just money.

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:44 pm #9

because I've been using testosterone. Does this make the stats I enter super charged? Will every point I add to John Tavares count double as compared to 20 years ago when I'd enter those points under the influence of alcohol? Does testosterone give me the extra energy to find old missing stats easier than it does Stan Shillington or Gary Gardell or Paul Whiteside. I hope they don't take away John Tavares assists that I enterred. Guess I shouldn't be kidding about an issue that is really serious.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:04 pm #10

St. Regis dont need anything to make their team play better. They are one complete lacrosse team. A respectable bunch of players that dont have to retaliate. Nobody can get under their skin.