Chiefs v Excelsiors Game3

Chiefs v Excelsiors Game3

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:52 am #1

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:13 pm #2

Second game in a row where both teams emptied the bench and gathered at center floor to have a chit-chat. Refs & Coaches have had no control of these guys or the benches at end of periods and games. Can't wait until Sunday.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm #3

I can't speak to last night's game since I wasn't there, but on Wednesday night I thought Roger Nurse and Jon Watson did an incredible job of keeping a lid on things. When the benches are both on the floor going to the room and they meet at center, things can get nasty. Those two on Wednesday night kept it to minimal talking.

Also, in talking to coaches/players after the game, the refs told each side they would be even strength and stuck to that decision (hence Rory Smith picking up a straight game misconduct, not an accompanying major/minor). Great job by Roger Nurse and Jon Watson keeping the damage to a minimum.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:15 pm #4

to bad the same can't be said about the reffing in the Redmen, Lakers series. unbelievable!!!!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:02 am #5

the reefing was the same for both sides as far as i saw they let them play as long as it wasn't giving an advantage and let it play out tit-for-tat. the refs delt with anything more serious as it arose even if it meant putting half the lakers PP in the box

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:18 am #6

Must have watched the rogers hilites and not the live game. Lakers were getting away with lots of slashing, face washings and interference. whether a penalty or a possession call bottom line is the refs are handing the series to Peterborough and letting them get away with murder. if it's this bad in Whitby one can only imagine what it is like in Peterborough

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:19 am #7

I hope you meant reffing and not reefing. but the way the refs have been doing their job lately, reefing might be more accurate!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:54 am #8

Second game in a row where both teams emptied the bench and gathered at center floor to have a chit-chat. Refs & Coaches have had no control of these guys or the benches at end of periods and games. Can't wait until Sunday.
Funny how the refs get mentioned. I assume the teams have had the same coaches all year. After all the practices and games up to this point in the season if the coaches haven't got their players under control by now maybe it is coaching changes that are required rather than a reffing problem. If you tell me the coaches have control of their teams, then that would mean the players are being sent off the benches to gather for these chit-chats which would be a situation the OLA should be seriously investigating.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:58 am #9

I hope you meant reffing and not reefing. but the way the refs have been doing their job lately, reefing might be more accurate!
Wow,complaining about the reffing, shocking to hear that from you. I guess because you have a vested interest in the series,and that team is losing, you must blame others. Soooooooo predictable.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm #10

Why is it that fans can't determine whether the Refs called a good game. As A Generals season ticket holder i say several times a year wow the Refs really screwed the other team over, not that I'm upset by it as my team benefitted, but people should be able to take there minds out of the gutter and find the truth.

That being said Im a huge Warriors fan and do like the Redmen, however the Refs missed a good dozen calls in my opinion, some against both teams, however I would say the Redmen got screwed by the reffing that night. There is several ways to call a game, however calling it one sided does happen, and its not always an excuse.

Go back and watch the game again and tell me the refs called a good game.