Brooklin Merchants 7 @ A.P. Rock 8 - Summary

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

Brooklin Merchants 7 @ A.P. Rock 8 - Summary

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:35 am #1

Brooklin Merchants 7 @ A.P. Rock 8

Code: Select all

Period Scores
          1st 2nd 3rd Total
Merchants   2   3   2     7
Rock        3   2   3     8\
MERCHANTS: Scott Wylie; Rick McCulloch; Jared Bilich (2); Chris Willerton 0,1(4); Marc Burton (2); Steve Youngman 0,2; Scott Gillingham 0,2; Adam Robertson; Duke McNutt 1,0; Barrett Church 2,1; Mike Bradley; Cory Reed; Charlie Girdler 1,1; Brad Reed 1,0(15); Ryan McMichael (4); Tyler Harris 1,1(8); Sean Holmes; James Hinkson 1,1; Ryan Harris (2); Steve Conrad; Bench (2).

Goals: 7
Assists: 9
PIM: 39

ROCK: Pat Campbell; Dave Power; Mark Craig 2,0(2); John Veltman 0,1; Jordan West-Pratt 0,1(7); Joe Rosa; Ian Harloff; Pat Vanhooser (2); Tony Henderson 1,1(2); Kevin Taylor; Joel Johnson 2,0; Bill McLean 0,1; Shawn Summerfield; Jeff Summerfield (4); Tyler Phillips (4); Chris Parkin 1,0; Jim Veltman 0,4; Mike Daley 0,1(2); John Derochie; Tim O'Brien 2,0(6).

Goals: 8
Assists: 9
PIM: 29

Referees: Wayne Paddick & Pete Hill
[/b]
Last edited by olaf_admin on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:35 pm #2

This was a good game, very close all the way through. The Merch were down 3 goals with 2 minutes left and came back with two of their own and almost tied it in the last minute.Both goalies played great and there was a good tilt in the 3rd.
The Merchants who can hardly afford to put a team on the floor, have a group of players this year that look every bit as good as the AP Rock. Come out this Saturday to the Brooklin Arena and see one of the better rivalries in Sr. B lacrosse.
Lets go you Merchants!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:00 pm #3

Wa, Wa, Wa, Brooklin is poor, AP is rich, wa, wa, wa. If Brooklin is so poor than why did they buy new shirts? Yes, it was a great game but it got close at the end because Ajax leading 8-5 let-up thinking the game was over in 58 minutes and the determined Merchants didn't quit. Brooklin played well but couldn't get it done in the third when it mattered most. It will be a great series but stop your crying about Brooklin being poor, they have a good team with at least 5 players who played major lacrosse with the Redmen this year so think about your post. They may not have a ton of money but they do have a talented team. Oh ya nice move by your captain last night to come off the bench to jump a player when he is at the end of a shift and wasn't even thinking he would have to fight because the game is 7-5 at the time. Didn't even think of trying O'Brien or Taylor did he? As much as he won the fight, I'm sure he was shocked when he got punched in the head a couple of times. I'm sure the Ajax player will be ready next time and lay a beating on the big idiot.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:00 pm #4

seeing is how Mr. Mcarthey works for a company that makes jerseys, it would hve made it possible to get new ones. The team is probably one of the more struggling ones in all leagues combined from what i hear. But then again, it would be hard for you to understand this considering your abviously with Ajax. Yeah the Merch have a few guys who played up with the redman, but you have a few guys who played up with the excels. BTW, being a fan of a team that barely stays afloat, what does it cost to have the "Toronto" rock captain play for ya? b/c i know he doesnt get payed in peanuts and beer.. haha

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:44 pm #5

Let's leave the financials to the people at the bank.
If you'd like you to contribute come out and support the Merchants this Saturday, July 29th at 7pm in Brooklin!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:53 pm #6

seeing is how Mr. Mcarthey works for a company that makes jerseys, it would hve made it possible to get new ones. The team is probably one of the more struggling ones in all leagues combined from what i hear. But then again, it would be hard for you to understand this considering your abviously with Ajax. Yeah the Merch have a few guys who played up with the redman, but you have a few guys who played up with the excels. BTW, being a fan of a team that barely stays afloat, what does it cost to have the "Toronto" rock captain play for ya? b/c i know he doesnt get payed in peanuts and beer.. haha
So Mr Mcarthey works for a jersey company, I'm sure he still has to pay for them. There is other struggling teams in the Sr. B loop besides Brooklin I'm sure, but don't be jealous because the Ap owner has deep pockets, I'm sure he's losing money as well, did you see the crowd last night? Not alot of fans unfortunately with such great lacrosse. Mr Mcarthey should be lauded for his dedication to the Merchants, without him from what I hear the team would fold. The crying poor aside, this is the best Merchants team ever assembled and they will give the Rock alot of trouble in this series, I (as you) hope my favorite teams wins. This series has nothing to do with money so we should put it aside, the game last night was terrific lacrosse and we should applaud it. As for your BTW comment, you will never know how much the "Toronto" rock captain makes and for that matter neither will I. But who cares, it is fun to watch him play isn't it!

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:11 am #7

Wa, Wa, Wa, Brooklin is poor, AP is rich, wa, wa, wa. If Brooklin is so poor than why did they buy new shirts? Yes, it was a great game but it got close at the end because Ajax leading 8-5 let-up thinking the game was over in 58 minutes and the determined Merchants didn't quit. Brooklin played well but couldn't get it done in the third when it mattered most. It will be a great series but stop your crying about Brooklin being poor, they have a good team with at least 5 players who played major lacrosse with the Redmen this year so think about your post. They may not have a ton of money but they do have a talented team. Oh ya nice move by your captain last night to come off the bench to jump a player when he is at the end of a shift and wasn't even thinking he would have to fight because the game is 7-5 at the time. Didn't even think of trying O'Brien or Taylor did he? As much as he won the fight, I'm sure he was shocked when he got punched in the head a couple of times. I'm sure the Ajax player will be ready next time and lay a beating on the big idiot.
The Definition of IDIOT:

A human being destitute of the ordinary intellectual powers, whether congenital, developmental, or accidental; commonly, a person without understanding from birth; a natural fool; a natural; an innocent.

It is very apparent that you lack the principles or etiquette which many of us have been instilled with. If you do not have something nice to say, say nothing at all!

Does it make you feel good knowing that you are bashing a player? Someone who in all actuality is a very nice, polite person? I think you should be ashamed of your words towards Brad Reed. He is playing a game and does not allow the game to leave the floor. Fights are going to happen in lacrosse - just as they do in other sports, and the crowd did not seem to mind.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:18 am #8

west pratt was asking for it and he got it, as for the rest of the ajax tough guys ?? Steve conrad was ready to go and nobody wanted to go, I guess they didn't want to get feed by a green geal.

GO MURCH GO

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:08 am #9

Thats nice of all you internet tough guys and their mothers to come on here and comment on what went on. Brad Reed, is a coward who hits from behind and tries to bully smaller players or guys he thinks he can beat up, good job Captain your the man.

All this other talk about some nobody from the Green Gaels trying to make a name by struting around like a tough guy? Hey tough guy, ask Tim O'Brien to fight then let me know when you get out of the hospital so Kevin Taylor can dummy you.

Sorry that the financial situation sucks for Brooklin, they have been here since the start, but seriously, grow up and play some Lacrosse instead of making a bunch of excuses all the time.

Game #2 should be good if the politics are left at the arena doors...

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 pm #10

west pratt was asking for it and he got it, as for the rest of the ajax tough guys ?? Steve conrad was ready to go and nobody wanted to go, I guess they didn't want to get feed by a green geal.

GO MURCH GO
Your posts are great, funny login names as well, internet mom and dad sticking up for there adopted childs....the brooklin merchants, grow up you two, it's only a game. Play like the men the Rock are and not the sissy children you are and let the best team win. All I saw Sunday was the Merchants trying to be the bullies, it was funny to watch, the best part was when the kid from the Gaels was told to serve a bench penalty and instead of going to the penalty box, went on to play the top of the man short, funny thing is there was already a box in place for the Merchants, I guess he thought Mcarthey meant that box, hiliarous! Maybe the vitamin diet he is on has burned some brain cells. Oh ya, by the way O'Brien also scored two goals, a tough guy with hands and some brains, imagine that!