Brooklin/Ajax-Pickering Series

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

Brooklin/Ajax-Pickering Series

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:12 pm #1

This series will continue on July 29th at 7 pm in Brooklin; Sunday July 30th at 7 pm at the Pickering Rec Center.

Further dates will be announced later this week, pending arena availability.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:44 am #2

If necessary...

Game 4 will go Thursday August 3rd in Brooklin; Game 5 Saturday August 5th at the Pickering Rec Center.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:17 pm #3

Why are we having these playoff games on the weekends when most people already have plans or going away to the cottage. Don't you ever get tired of having no one at the games. There sure shouldn't be any problem getting the Facilities through the week because there's nothing else going on. And when you book back to back games like this coming Sat. & Sunday when both teams will be banged up and it's 32 celcius outside who is the brain storm behind this scheduling. Somebody has to put some thought into scheduling these games before your playing with no one in the rinks.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:49 pm #4

The senior B teams have to avoid a conflict with their affiliated major teams so they can use the ringers that have barely played senior b games all year long. So much for "team " play.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:09 pm #5

Well that makes alot of sense, the Brooklin Redmen playoff schedule has them playing this coming Sunday and the Merchants 3rd game is this coming Sunday. Oh and by the way who is the affiliate for the AP Rock the Toronto Rock.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:39 pm #6

get over it

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:43 pm #7

Well that makes alot of sense, the Brooklin Redmen playoff schedule has them playing this coming Sunday and the Merchants 3rd game is this coming Sunday. Oh and by the way who is the affiliate for the AP Rock the Toronto Rock.
Just a note on scheduling of games...besides some consideration for the games being played by the Senior B teams Major affiliate...many of these young men play in this league because of work, family and time conflicts. They simply cannot commit the number of hours required to play Major. And, for many of them, that means availability at the weekends primarily. Therefore...weekend games; often back-to-back.

And...just FYI...the Ajax-Pickering Rock are affiliated with the Brampton Excelsiors.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:44 am #8

Which is basically a summer version of the Toronto Rock.....

regardless the PROS that AP has have not made them a dominant team. Look at the games with SEL they had good games against one another.....

money does help but lets lay off and see what the outcome of the League is

Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:50 am #9

SO what if we have money and other teams dont. The bottom line is that too many people have ruined the brooklyn organizations both major and Sr B. Look how many players dont play for either because of the lack of strength at the top. If management was better then maybe you would have players wanting to play for these teams. My hat does go off to Mcarthy for what he has done to keep the team in brooklyn but face the facts people you are not going to get anywhere with what is happening at the major level and with little help Steve has at the Sr B level. The Red Men are a joke and when someone like Vipond has to pay to get into a game give your head a shake management. There is NO support in the brooklyn area for the Merchants. Paying 5 dollars to watch your boyfriend or son doesnt count. Steve has tried but where is the sponsorships from a small community? All you donkeys should be greatful for people like Rob Roach that spends his OWN money to bring in talent to a league that needs it. You should be thankful that there is a owner that loves the game and wants you people to see it. Who cares if he spends his own money you are being entertain.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:37 pm #10

Once again, nobody from Brooklin cares that the AP Rock Sr. B team has money.

As for sponsors for the Merchants this year... that was/is my job. It just didn't happen this year and I'll take the responsibility for it. Does it change the heart of determination of the team? Hell no!

As for Sully Vipond having to pay the $4 in the regular season, and now $6 for the playoff games... If Sully cared that much all he'd have to do is say something to me and I'd take care of it. I try to be accommodating to everyone at home games. The girls at the front door know who he is and they would let him in if he didn't want to pay. It hasn't kept him away from any of the games this year.

My name and email address are attached to this post. If you'd like to contribute to the Merchants for this year of next, contact me and we'll sort out the details.