Best game At Provs Int

Best game At Provs Int

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:22 pm #1

Whats the best game's that were played all weekend? I know theres alot but some that stood out for you? Whether A B or C

Mine whitby vs owen sound semis. Good game back and forth, whitby holding the lead early and owen sound tied up half way threw the 3rd on the pp and then in o.t a beauty goal after a big save from a pick and roll in close, ball hits glass, player jumps and scores. UnreAl

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm #2

Arthur vs. Kahnawake was exciting with arthur scoring with 10 seconds left to tie the game then taking it in OT.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:26 pm #3

Whats the best game's that were played all weekend? I know theres alot but some that stood out for you? Whether A B or C

Mine whitby vs owen sound semis. Good game back and forth, whitby holding the lead early and owen sound tied up half way threw the 3rd on the pp and then in o.t a beauty goal after a big save from a pick and roll in close, ball hits glass, player jumps and scores. UnreAl
every game went down to the wire, including 2 overtime games..... the only one that didn't was when Halton Hills jumped Spartans with 2 minutes left.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:55 pm #4

Owen Sound vs. KW 3-2 OS win in OT. or Huntsville vs. Nepean double ot thriller in C saturday afternoon.

Oh and your views on the spartan halton incident are pretty construde.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 pm #5

2-1 Halton double overtime!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 pm #6

The Toronto Stars were down 2-1 after the first period, then 4-1 after the second. With approximately 8 minutes left, the Toronto Stars started the come back. We scored with about 35 seconds left in the game to tie it at 5-5 and then scored with 4 seconds left to win it 6-5. It's really too bad the score keepers ****ed up and cost us the game.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 am #7

actually i was there the score keeper put 1 goal in the wrong teams colum bad mistake by him. Cost him his weekend job!!

i am willing to bet if he put it in the correct colum and on the clock there would have been no overtime!!!

Good thing the Ref's didn't sign the game sheet and checked it thoroughly first found the mistake and continued the game.

Shame it had to happen that way but thats Lacrosse!!!!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:07 am #8

Actually there was no goal to add on to the wrong column. He added a phantom goal and robbed the stars of a great fair and square comeback victory. Fergus knew they lost in regulation which was demonstrated by them shaking hands and all the parents leaving and then reentering the rink snickering. Also don't teams usually say something during the game when they feel that they are missing a goal on the board. But you are right it is a shame that the OLA can't find competent officials(1 ref who called out players and kept reminding the players that he reffed jr in which he called a goal that bounced out of the arena and came back in and couldn't call a moving pick if his life depended on it. He was reported for this display of officiating in "JR". As well as timekeepers who can't operate a shotclock, count, or put the right time on the clock.) for the provincial championships. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 pm #9

Come on you are brighter to suggest a scorekeeper would add a goal to the gamesheet and to the wrong side ? Give us some credit for coming back out and winning. Why didnt the "Stars" advance to the finals? We have kids who are in the first year of lacrosse and 2 in the second plus 4 from Elora and our top players from previous years are playing "C" leaving a big hole. Our club pulled together through thick and thin and came within 1 goal of heading to overtime in the chmapionship game. Speaking of the OLA why do you keep trying to have extra staff on the bench bending the rules? I heard Arthur also called the Stars on this. Its a small lacrosse world and the news travels fast. Good luck in the future.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:09 pm #10

Well you heard wrong... Arthur didn't call us on having to many bench personnel because we quite simply didn't. After that incident, we abided by the rules. You guys will get no credit from me, or anybody involved with the Stars for that matter. You had one of your own players or somebody involved with your team admitting the scorekeeper was wrong.