bantam C2

bantam C2

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:01 pm #1

how idd orillia do in thesemis this morning and against who??

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:26 am #2

Orillia 8 - 4 over Hamilton in morning Semi and took C2 11 - 1 over Fergus.

Would like to congratulate Sarnia's Captian # 16 for his Great Sportsmanship. While the end of Sat quarterfinal became shall we say chippy and the refs were concerned about end of game handshake. Sarnia's captain made the initial gresture to congratulate the Orillia players which provided calm and lead to the handshake tradition. Wins come and go, Good Sportsmanship is a reflection of true character. Congrats to you.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:16 am #3

Congrats to the Orillia Bantam team for winning the C2 championship, but by looking at the scores I think this team was in the wrong division. I know its not the teams fault because thats where the OLA put them. I feel bad for the teams that where C2 and had to push themself to play this weekend and ended up with nothing, when a C1 or B team slides down and does not have to do the same to win a banner. I think this type of thinking only hurts the game.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:18 pm #4

I agree should have played C1. Also agree that its not the teams fault. But know these facts team has 4 Major Bantams, 5 Minors ( including goalie ) a 6th Minor broke his collarbone early in the season and was lost for the rest of the year. 3 AP Peewee's played during the Provincials.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 am #5

well done that orrilla won c2 but they did sandbag all season in zone 4 so if they think its a good leason to teach kids not to do their best all season and win a division then they will probley never learn to dig down deep to win they say they want to go A that will only happen if they thing they can sneak in a few cheap wins so hang up your medal and brag how good a sandbagger you are

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 am #6

Since the zone scheduled most games, Novice & Peewees back to back the AP Peewees were not often avaialble to the Bantams during zone games therefore as stated team only had 9 rostered players. Also as you might have noticed the majority of of the players are on the smaller side. However these smaller players stepped up over the season as did the AP Peewees. And OH Yah I think I already stated that team should have played C1. If you are at all familiar with Orillia you would know that every other year there is a huge yoyo effect in 94 birth year. Major year not enough depth, Minor year very good team. The 93 / 94 birth combo have won C, Silvered in B and hope to compete in A. No worrying about what these boys are learning, their learning to compete at all levels!!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:29 pm #7

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on the statement of them learning to play at all levels. During the Provincials it was a glorified practice for them. I have no problem with the fact they Won because they did what they had to do, if they had lost people would of made fun of them for losing in C2. I just hope Orillia does not go around thinking they had to push themself to win this Championship and respect the fact they got put into a easy division for them and next year make sure they are in the right division and prove they can play.
I would rather lose against teams the same talent as me or better and I hope Orillia can look back on the Provincials and say they did no good for the game or the real C2 teams.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:27 pm #8

Congrats to the Orillia Bantam team for winning the C2 championship, but by looking at the scores I think this team was in the wrong division. I know its not the teams fault because thats where the OLA put them. I feel bad for the teams that where C2 and had to push themself to play this weekend and ended up with nothing, when a C1 or B team slides down and does not have to do the same to win a banner. I think this type of thinking only hurts the game.
don't know this division but the "sandbagging" caught my eye....it is not the OLA's fault for where they were placed....the zone and the associations within the zone should have caught it during zone ratings week in June.... also, the team could have appealed their rating and gone higher

Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:19 am #9

It is my understanding that Orilla appealed the OLA decision that had them rated higher than C2. Thier reasoning was they had a small team and lots of injurys, but if you win most your games and the ones you lose are because your star player didn't play then you should have a fairly good idea what level you should be playing at. I just feel for all the kids who worked hard all year as a "team" and fight hard in the provincials only to be "killed" by a team who the OLA had first rated higher. What is the point of being able to appeal ratings? The OLA have your game sheets and should track the scores and pay attention to the players and when and if they played when you have a loss. If they do that then there should be no appeal and the kids be allowed to play a fair and just game at provincials. I would also like to say congrats to the players on Orilla, I am sure like all the other kids who played in provincials this weekend love the game and love to win, so when all is said and done they did win and should enjoy it. To the coaching staff, maybe next year stay where the OLA puts you and give the kids a chance to play and win competively

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 am #10

Hawks I hope that that's not the case. I know that pre season rating was B but that was preseason and this team isn't / wasn't B. If C1 was the rating and appealed to C2 then I'm not comfortable with that. I'm just a Dad who drives to and from the games and supports the players & team. My son is just a player who as you said loves to play the game.