bantam A

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:41 pm #1

top five teams in the bantam A provi's are

1.Orangeville
2.Guelph
3.whitby
4.oakville
5.peterborough

Guelph has a very strong team with two first years playing for the team ontario peewee team one was the tender and other was a short but smart player Tinney an Edge freshman player and a member of the peewee national team two years ago with milne they will also have mackenzie as their
enforcer.
Orangeville hhas the skill to do complete damage throughtout the season with players like bridle edge/team ontario player big and tough.also richie most likely the captain he is very smart and one of the top players on their team.

I suspect these 2 teams in the finals.
anyone else?

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 pm #2

all goods teams, here's a diff. opinion though...

Tinney is not a Guelph player, he's cambridge, unless he's moved. Guelph still may have he best player in the province in Milne. Guelph goaltending is ok. Guelph didn't even qualify though 2 years ago with Milne scoring a ton, I am unaware of any significant improvements that would make them a contender. Oakville is thin and rode a hot goalie to sneak into the final 6. They won't be top 4 unless they catch lightening in a bottle again. You've left off your list the reighning champs, Halton won gold in peewee A 2 years ago. They are definitely top 5. they have depth, as does Whitby. Orangeville has 2 silvers in Peewee and Novice and will again be top 5 but as always they will lack depth and their stars will have to be stars in order to be there in the end. Peterboroughs top 4 players are as good as anyones top four and I predict thet are top 3 if they can get good goaltending. My top 5 are...

Halton
Peterborough
Whitby
Orangeville
West Durham

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:35 pm #3

Tinney was released by Cambridge and is now in Guelph. This will definitely make Guelph a contender.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:00 pm #4

the cambridge president is a joke

Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 pm #5

I seriously think with Tinney's speed and smarts this team is a big contendor for "A" provi's. Also this team has a potential of three team ontario candidates this year in milne,Tinney and Cooke definatley guelph deserves enough respect to get inthe top 5

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 am #6

what about akwesasne and nepean? they are very good teams.. well at least from what i remember. and yes i think guelph will be a very good contender!!

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am #7

all goods teams, here's a diff. opinion though...

Tinney is not a Guelph player, he's cambridge, unless he's moved. Guelph still may have he best player in the province in Milne. Guelph goaltending is ok. Guelph didn't even qualify though 2 years ago with Milne scoring a ton, I am unaware of any significant improvements that would make them a contender. Oakville is thin and rode a hot goalie to sneak into the final 6. They won't be top 4 unless they catch lightening in a bottle again. You've left off your list the reighning champs, Halton won gold in peewee A 2 years ago. They are definitely top 5. they have depth, as does Whitby. Orangeville has 2 silvers in Peewee and Novice and will again be top 5 but as always they will lack depth and their stars will have to be stars in order to be there in the end. Peterboroughs top 4 players are as good as anyones top four and I predict thet are top 3 if they can get good goaltending. My top 5 are...

Halton
Peterborough
Whitby
Orangeville
West Durham
Oh yes it is confirmed that Tinney has been released from Cambridge and is now a Regal.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:06 am #8

hmmm.... the Tinney news does change things, I'd add them to my above list as the 6th team to qualify then.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 pm #9

what about akwesasne and nepean? they are very good teams.. well at least from what i remember. and yes i think guelph will be a very good contender!!
Tinney and Milne this is going to be a special year in guelph.Tinney is prob going to be the fastest or one of the fastest kids in bantam and with Milnes hands around the net its a goal every time Tinney can probably run the floor in under 5 seconds and i suspect Milne to get over 80 goals this season.

Doubters watch out Guelph could be a 2 man wrecking team right to the top.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:54 pm #10

any coach worth his salt should be able to shut down a team of "2"