Arthur will not 3-peat

Arthur will not 3-peat

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:20 pm #1

the only way you should be able to get a 3-peat is in "A" like when the St. Catharines did it back in '99.... Arthur should be forced to play "A" next year after proving they could win it twice. And if you say "only 2000 people live here" it shouldn't matter weather your city has a small population, if you have a "great" team, you should play against the best, if you don't want to play "A" i would call it sandbaggin'

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:14 am #2

Ratings aren't based on Previous years provincial results. Teams change every year. Would you have forced Barrie to play i "A" again because the won it last year in "A" and the year before that in "B". No, because they couldnt have done it with the team they had...it would have been a slaughter. For everyones information Arthur is interested in putting together an "A" team next year....it would be our first in intermediate and a huge accomplishment. Unfortunalty this will require more money and floor time, none of which has been made available so far. We ll see what happens next year...its going to be a completely different team with over half the squad leaving.( For you information, half the squad left after our first win, so only about 3 or 4 original players will be on next years roster.)

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:44 am #3

our guys paid 150 bucks each and still played "A", we had one full team practice all year and we also had about 750 bucks in fines haha...
if you wanna win, your going to win

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 pm #4

Yah ok buddy....we re not gonna just throw a bunch of guys together and say hmmm every1 else thinks we should play A so lets do that. No if we re gonna take a serious shot at it were gonna do it right by getting more floor time new jerseys cause our are getting destroyed and maybe even looking for an out of town coach to avoid all that parent coach drama that can happen. You can keep your 1 full practice and 750 bucks in fines, sure it payed off for you guys real well.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:12 pm #5

the reason we played "A" is because we wanted to, if you want to do something, try really hard, you can do it and you might even win it? cinderella story maybe?

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:14 pm #6

Yah ok buddy....we re not gonna just throw a bunch of guys together and say hmmm every1 else thinks we should play A so lets do that. No if we re gonna take a serious shot at it were gonna do it right by getting more floor time new jerseys cause our are getting destroyed and maybe even looking for an out of town coach to avoid all that parent coach drama that can happen. You can keep your 1 full practice and 750 bucks in fines, sure it payed off for you guys real well.
and what team honestly goes into provincials not wanting to win? It more then just wanting to win, its having the determination and the resources to do it. Thats like putting say Midland in the A tourney and saying well they want to win so theyre gonna do it....oblviously everyother team out there want to win and has more resources(i.e skill) to do it. Arthur minor lacrosse isnt just gonna throw an A team in to satisfy some whiners.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:16 pm #7

didn't you guys have 2 teams as well, we barely had enough players to have a team

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:20 pm #8

and what team honestly goes into provincials not wanting to win? It more then just wanting to win, its having the determination and the resources to do it. Thats like putting say Midland in the A tourney and saying well they want to win so theyre gonna do it....oblviously everyother team out there want to win and has more resources(i.e skill) to do it. Arthur minor lacrosse isnt just gonna throw an A team in to satisfy some whiners.
my team did win A haha

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:25 pm #9

didn't you guys have 2 teams as well, we barely had enough players to have a team
Sorry Spartan goalie i didnt realise you like to go around bashing other teams so much. Yes we had two teams. Lacrosse registration jumped after our title win last year. Unfortunalty this was most of these kids first year playin lacrosse. It was basically the drinking and partying team ( but they showed up to play in nations.) Our team had some players from last years two team due to the fact that half our roster quit. Maybe if we still had them we would of had a legitimate chance at A. Good for you guys on putting in an A team, but just because you did doesnt mean we have to or that it would be good for our team. We need the skill pool and resources in order to have a legitimate A team. Theres no point in just throwing a team in A without making sure they can play at that level. Screw that if were gonna get destroyed every game. LIke i said before WE LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:29 pm #10

no hard feelings man, you played against mostly b and c teams anyways, i just am still mad about when you guys beat us in your 1 day tourny when i was in tyke haha lacrosse is plain fun