allstar games

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

allstar games

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:05 pm #1

Were there ever allstar games for the can-am or the ola? And if so what happened to them? Did the can-am and the ola ever play each other besides in the pres cup? Thanks

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:20 am #2

back in 2000 the OLA only had a 3 team league with Brooklin, St.Clair and Arthur Aces and they played an inter locking schedule with the Can/Am league. I was lucky enough to get to go down to Newtown for a game.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:16 pm #3

Were there ever allstar games for the can-am or the ola? And if so what happened to them? Did the can-am and the ola ever play each other besides in the pres cup? Thanks
For those of you who don't know, the Can-Am was a ten team leage in the 70's and 80's and had all-star games as well. I have some of the All-Star game programs from some of those years which even list the players. I think it would be a great idea to bring it back. showcasing all of the top players from each team in the can-am

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:26 am #4

Thank you for that information. I think it would be a good idea to bring the allstar game back to showcase talant from each team. There could be a game between the can-am teams and or a game between the can-am allstars and the ola allstars. Just a thought....

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:53 pm #5

For those of you who don't know, the Can-Am was a ten team leage in the 70's and 80's and had all-star games as well. I have some of the All-Star game programs from some of those years which even list the players. I think it would be a great idea to bring it back. showcasing all of the top players from each team in the can-am
Hello All!

Back in 2000 there was a couple white guys that played in the Can-Am league and where good, don't no names as they where not on my team but if my memory in correct.
They made the AllStar team and where told that because they where not Native they could not play in the game.

If this was correct - it was wrong.