Akwesasne Parents

Akwesasne Parents

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 am #1

I am a fan of the great game of Lacrosse...I watch it with a completely open mind on both sides and just enjoy what we like to call a great hard hitting game till the end ......I was in Whitby for a few games during the Qualifiers and seen some things from these parents that were truly disgusting and a disgrace to Lacrosse and their teams.....They produce great players and good teams to watch...Yet they make such fools of themselves and are so ignorant an foul mouthed that they should be ashamed of themselves...To see what me and my spouse saw coming from grown ups mouths made us feel terrible for them youngsters playing their hearts out....You need to remember this is a game and that you are there to cheer on your kids not belittle others and make fools of yourselves and cause a black mark on you kids teams...so please take this into consideration and go to games with good intentions not always negativity and foul mouths....
Lax Fan For Ever

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:55 am #2

I have been around minor lacrosse for a decade and I will tell you that my experience with Awkwesasne parents is that they are some of the most respectful fans/parents I have encountered.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:30 pm #3

It could be said of every centre. A few bad apples....however never a problem with Akwesasne fans.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 pm #4

I was at that and I am a parent of one of the players. What is truly digusting is how bad the officiating is whoever Akwesasne or Six Nations plays against. When our teams played the refs didn't know who to favor so they didn't call one pentaly, which was good because when these two teams play twe view it as a medicine game and play it accordingly. When we are matched up against non-native teams its painfully obvious how biased the officiating is. Any true lax fa can spot that from another pad. If you are going to mention how disgusting our parents our, take a look at yourselves and report the same response.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 pm #5

I am a fan of the great game of Lacrosse...I watch it with a completely open mind on both sides and just enjoy what we like to call a great hard hitting game till the end ......I was in Whitby for a few games during the Qualifiers and seen some things from these parents that were truly disgusting and a disgrace to Lacrosse and their teams.....They produce great players and good teams to watch...Yet they make such fools of themselves and are so ignorant an foul mouthed that they should be ashamed of themselves...To see what me and my spouse saw coming from grown ups mouths made us feel terrible for them youngsters playing their hearts out....You need to remember this is a game and that you are there to cheer on your kids not belittle others and make fools of yourselves and cause a black mark on you kids teams...so please take this into consideration and go to games with good intentions not always negativity and foul mouths....
Lax Fan For Ever
I have beeninvolved in lacrosse either as a player or coach or some capacity for almost 3 decades. as a player I know first hand what it's like to play against the refs, who sometimes for get that the rules apply to both teams on the floor, or their whistle seems to not work and when it does, their eyes quit working. As a coach I have argued many calls only to have other the other teams' coach smirk and say "good call ref". what really gets me though is how much non-native teams and their fans get upset when we still win, usually against a whole other team and two refs! Quite a feat! But what really gets my goat is all the stereotypes that natives have, bums, lazy, drunken Indian, etc. Lets not forget that the game that is Canada's national sport was invented by those "drunken lazy bum Indians", when Six Nay and Akwe play each other it truly is a game of beauty, a true game of medicine! The fans of these teams can and do talk with each other after playing against one another, alot of the time sitting with each other, and cheering each other on when not playing each other. Do you see that when non- native teams play each other? Now back to the part that gets me mad, every tournament I have been to box or field, why do so many non-native fans havta spend the whole weekend getting drunk in the parking lot and in the hotel parking lot and hotel hallway?....Then cause trouble @ games, I saw one fan get tossed out of an arena, go change his shirt, come back in and get tossed out again! This same guy spent the day drinking in the parking lot before the game....and they call us drunken savages!

Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm #6

you just proved the savage part correct !

Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:24 pm #7

Lax Fan For Ever
Kingston has been a fellow Zone 5 member of Akwesasne and I must say that we have never had any problems with that Association. They have always been well behaved when in our facilities here in Kingston and they have always made us feel at home when we have played in theirs. The Akwesasne Minor Lacrosse Association itself has always been great to work with. They have always been helpful when called upon and often step up to host our Zone meetings.

On any given day a parent or parents might not demonstrate proper behavior at a Lacrosse game. When that happens (as it has or will to most Associations!) we should all hope that our entire organization and city is not defined and judged by a single incident or act in isolation.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:33 pm #8

you just proved the savage part correct !
Its to bad that parents have to behave the way they do. I don't appreciate some of the comments on this site but at the same time its beter than beating your wife and kids. Grow and let the kids play..maybe the parents can learn or unlearn lessons of sportsmanship from those who are out there because they love it..the kids!

Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:09 pm #9

Halfway down this page there's a thread about out of control Sarnia and Orillia parents. The thread universally condemns the behaviour and we all agree they have to relax because the sport is about the kids. Yet in this thread someone complains about some Akwesasne parents they are immediately labelled as racist,other teams parents are racist and refs are racist? Why is that?

I have no idea what Akwesasne team the original poster is talking about but relax and take some critisim without getting your back up.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:38 pm #10

I was at that and I am a parent of one of the players. What is truly digusting is how bad the officiating is whoever Akwesasne or Six Nations plays against. When our teams played the refs didn't know who to favor so they didn't call one pentaly, which was good because when these two teams play twe view it as a medicine game and play it accordingly. When we are matched up against non-native teams its painfully obvious how biased the officiating is. Any true lax fa can spot that from another pad. If you are going to mention how disgusting our parents our, take a look at yourselves and report the same response.
Are we playing the poor us card again, it has been awhile. To say there is still discrimination from the refs is totally wrong and need I say stupid. I can sit here and say the refs don't like Peterborough and there is a conspiricy against them. from the comments before I agree that mostly every centre has a bad apple that says to much during the game so not one total organiztion should be labelled. In reference to Awkwesasne fans i feel they are passionate about the game and show the game a lot of respect.