A question about Junior A pointstreak

A question about Junior A pointstreak

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:06 pm #1

As I was about to enter all this years stats into the BIBLE and was starting with Akwesasne in Junior A I noticed that two players on Akwesasne each were recorded on pointstreak as having played in 23 games for the team, Miles Thomson and Hank Delistle. How am I going to record that to go down into the history books? What is the general opinion? I don't have time to mess about phone and contact administration who probably gives two hoots in hell anyway so I think I'll just chop off one game for each of their records and put the rest of it in as they have it recorded. I have 10 leagues I'm working on so I just don't have time to correct the minor details, I just wanted to bring it to somebody's attention.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 pm #2

I just checked PS and it shows them as having played 22 games.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 pm #3

As I was about to enter all this years stats into the BIBLE and was starting with Akwesasne in Junior A I noticed that two players on Akwesasne each were recorded on pointstreak as having played in 23 games for the team, Miles Thomson and Hank Delistle. How am I going to record that to go down into the history books? What is the general opinion? I don't have time to mess about phone and contact administration who probably gives two hoots in hell anyway so I think I'll just chop off one game for each of their records and put the rest of it in as they have it recorded. I have 10 leagues I'm working on so I just don't have time to correct the minor details, I just wanted to bring it to somebody's attention.
nm

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:52 pm #4

who in hell will ever take this job you've taken on, out of a labour of love, on when you're gone or just too freakin tired of chasin stats???????

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm #5

Someone must have heard you, on Pointstreak now, he's showing up as 22 games and an even 100 points.

I definitely appreciate the work you do on these stats, you've preserved a great history of the game!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:42 pm #6

There are numerous mistakes on Pointstreak. I got tired of attempting to get them corrected. I won't bore you with the details but we were told by our organization "Hey they are volunteers." My wife and I have volunteered for many years and for many teams in a number of organizations and continue to do so even though we no longer have children participating. Baseball, hockey, soccer and lacrosse. To me this is a pretty lame excuse. Yes I know they are volunteers but the job needs to be done correctly. If it was ever pointed out by someone that there had been an error made it was verified and corrected promptly and cheerfully.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 pm #7

As Mr. Thompson stated I would also like to thank all the volunteers who put in numerous hours for the sports that we all love. Without them these activites would not be possible!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 pm #8

There are numerous mistakes on Pointstreak. I got tired of attempting to get them corrected. I won't bore you with the details but we were told by our organization "Hey they are volunteers." My wife and I have volunteered for many years and for many teams in a number of organizations and continue to do so even though we no longer have children participating. Baseball, hockey, soccer and lacrosse. To me this is a pretty lame excuse. Yes I know they are volunteers but the job needs to be done correctly. If it was ever pointed out by someone that there had been an error made it was verified and corrected promptly and cheerfully.
another labour of love. the league pays for this service ! how does volenteerism play into this equation????

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:58 pm #9

It is run and operated by the volunteers of each club, not Pointstreak. Pointstreak simply provides the software. What some are referring to is that if you're going to do a job, paid or not, do it right.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:05 pm #10

Because I'm updating 10 leagues I wanted to get a jump on the stats but I guess the teams are still making adjustments. I printed off all the junior A stats last night and was about to code in everything all over again so I could put it on the BIBLE. My stats from last night's point streak were Mike Thompson 23 games, 53 goals, 50 assists for 103 points but today he's down to 100 points. I should have waited now I have to re-enter all the junior B all over again and Akwessne as well as any player profiles I'veupdated. Hell I guess a good time to wait till would be August 1st. Oh well I'll go and work on the 1968 Senior B stats that I'm re-creating. No wonder Stan Shillington always finds some errors when he's verifying my stuff.