A.P. Rock 7 @ Wellington Aces 15 - Summary

This forum is now archived. Please post Sr. B & Can-Am info in the Unofficial OLA Fan Forum.

A.P. Rock 7 @ Wellington Aces 15 - Summary

Sat May 27, 2006 3:27 am #1

A.P. Rock 7 @ Wellington Aces 15

Code: Select all

Period Scores
          1st 2nd 3rd Total
Rock        3   0   4     7
Aces        5   7   3    15\
ROCK: Pat Campbell 0,3; Dave Power 0,1; Mark Craig (15); Nick Black (18); Jordan West-Pratt 0,1(4); Jaime Lumsden; Todd Hollinshead; Ian Harloff (7); Pat Vanhooser 1,3; Tony Henderson 2,0; Joel Johnson 1,0(2); Andrew Furlong 1,0; Bill McLean 1,0; Shawn Summerfield (14); Jeff Summerfield (4); Tyler Phillips 1,0(2); Chris Parkin (10); Frank Littlejohn 0,1(12); Mike Daley 0,1(2); John Derochie; Bench (6).

Goals: 7
Assists: 10
PIM: 96

ACES: Mark McManus 0,1(12); Josh Agar; Brad Hutchison (2); Tyler Jackson 1,1(2); Jim Swanson (10); Travis Fowlie 1,0; John Keating 1,0; Kyle Beirnes 0,5; Steve Jennings; Rob Marshall 1,3(2); Dan Booker 0,3; Derek McPhee 2,1(12); Jaimie Rooney 2,3; Adam Barfoot 1,0(4); Kevin Cook 0,2; Dave Krabbe; Dean Harrison 2,2(2); Adam Lorenz 3,1(16); Kyle Windley 1,0; Jordan Bosomworth (15).

Goals: 15
Assists: 22
PIM: 77

Referees: Mark Gardonio & Joe Hiltz[/b]
Last edited by olaf_admin on Sat May 27, 2006 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 27, 2006 6:04 pm #2

Looks like the aces are a little better than people around this league want to give them credit for. The rock are just a bunch of useless plugs. Maybe they should think of getting a few skilled players instead of filling their lineup with meatheads

Sat May 27, 2006 7:26 pm #3

If that was thes Aces best game it wasnt saying much. They should be glad the rock game gave them the 2 points. And I hope your not a player, cause those are some big words coming from a team that has to go back and play in their barn. Specially for a team that spent alot of time on their knees in the turtle postion. We will see how they do agaist the woodies on Sunday.

Sat May 27, 2006 7:52 pm #4

I noticed in the game summary the tough guy on the Aces only had 2 mins. Other than Swanny the Aces wouldn`t want the other guys fighting. Swanny will fight as I known over the years and will not back down. The Rock are loaded with tough guys maybe the guys they grabbed will not fight.

Sat May 27, 2006 8:35 pm #5

I think that's the problem Derek, there were no fights, from what I was told everytime an A-P player tried to start a fight the Wellington player turtled. Smart on Wellington's part, very undisciplined on Ajax's part. I still believe the Rock is the team to beat, unfortunately a lack of discipline is going to be their undoing. They have so much toughness and reputation for being rough that the ref's seem to be looking to call penalties on them. Now I didn't see last ngihts game but I was told the PP were something like 18 for Wellington and only 4 for A-P. I'm sure alot of the penalties were deserved but somethings not right there.

Sun May 28, 2006 1:28 am #6

If that was thes Aces best game it wasnt saying much. They should be glad the rock game gave them the 2 points. And I hope your not a player, cause those are some big words coming from a team that has to go back and play in their barn. Specially for a team that spent alot of time on their knees in the turtle postion. We will see how they do agaist the woodies on Sunday.
haha..thats all? ajax is just a bunch of plugs. They have 2 good offensive players and their defence are slow and brutal. Sure they are tough, but look where that got them. And as for the aces players not fighting. Why should they? winning by ten goals against the "cream of the crop" they had nothing to gain by dropping the mitts. They dont have a "tough guy" and thats all ajax has.

Sun May 28, 2006 3:12 am #7

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on who the only 2 good offensive players A-P has are? Tnoy Henderson has played how many years in the NLL, Jim Veltman is self explanatory, Chris Parkin has played in two Mann Cups and has one ring, Mike Daley has 4 years of Major lacrosse and a Presidents Cup ring, Mark Craig was last years second leading scorer in senior B. That's five that I can count, and the rest of the guys are extremely young.

I'd take the 2 points and work on next weeks game plan if I were Wellington, and I'm sure John Lovell is smart enough to know that. Good luck to both teams, I just really hate when a team gets a sudden taste of glory and it goes to their head. I hope you really aren't a player for Wellington.

Sun May 28, 2006 4:33 pm #8

Looks like the aces are a little better than people around this league want to give them credit for. The rock are just a bunch of useless plugs. Maybe they should think of getting a few skilled players instead of filling their lineup with meatheads
"Meatheads" or not, you're not going to have much success with 96 minutes in penalties no matter who you are.

Mon May 29, 2006 1:04 pm #9

For the purest Veltman wasn't in the line up. Consider this,for this game that coachie has to add to his profile. Very few coaches survive 1, 2min bench penalty, a third man in penalty, a 9 man bench clear. 6 power plays to aces 9, his teams only offence in the first two period weere 2 short handed goals and a dreamer buzzer beater. Many undisciplined penalties and virtually the game was over by the middle of the second. Desperation sets in, time out coachie goes for the illegal goalie equipment. McManus is bad and takes the game misconduct and the rock settle for 4 on 4 for this challenge. Duh, Agar has to go in. Not sure what strategy that is!! Anyway the rock limp home in the third. The shenanigans continue as the Rock now feels compelled to heist the wellington players stick into their bench on a change. Guess what! 2 aces go to get their stick. Next thing you know 11 rock have cleared the bench. Wellington stays on theirs. So far one fight has broken out if you can call it that. Further another fight ejects 2 players and now the unofficial "Veltman" for the night #14 who has up unitl this time has tried to act at least be cordial takes a round house swing on Harrison during play in a cowardly attempt of a sucker punch that missed by a mile. The only sucker was the guy that tried to throw it.
Where else could a coach survive such a disaster except on a playground. If that's tough, then the Rock gets everything it deserves, but respect will be hard to come by. Good "tough" coachie though. Thanks for coming out!!

Mon May 29, 2006 10:32 pm #10

It's a shame that Ajax always takes the brunt of the negative comments on this forum from a bunch of side liners.

Yes, the friday night game was some what of an undisciplined washout, however I really love how all these other teams in the league play so innocent. It seems awfully convenient that the spears and butt ends and dirty play from others goes unnoticed, but as soon as an Ajax player does anything it is the end of the world.

Yes, Ajax is a tough team, but there are plently of tough teams out there, but it seems that that is all people ever focus on.

Some of you may think that chirping off and turtling after you cheap shot someone is a good play and makes you a good player, wrong, it makes you look like a coward who doesn't have the parts to stand up for himself after a situation that he created through his own actions.

Play the game, the teams in this league are too close and too well matched to have all this negative crap all the time.