5-2 Spartan over Hamilton

5-2 Spartan over Hamilton

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:10 pm #1

Good game but the refereeing was horrible. Spartans spent the whole second period 2 man down and still won, congrats. Also a fight close to the end of the game was looking like it was going to be a good one until the bengal guy turtled when his bucket was tossed, rematch next tuesday in Merriton btw spartans are now 10-0-1 and first in zone 9, can't wait to provincials

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:14 pm #2

n/m

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:45 pm #3

Good game but the refereeing was horrible. Spartans spent the whole second period 2 man down and still won, congrats. Also a fight close to the end of the game was looking like it was going to be a good one until the bengal guy turtled when his bucket was tossed, rematch next tuesday in Merriton btw spartans are now 10-0-1 and first in zone 9, can't wait to provincials
I have to wonder if you were at the same game last night, two men short the whole second period ??? once during it Spartans were down 2 Bengals took one to even things. No Spartan goals in the thrid against a short benched Bengals team that was missing thier leading scorer and played the night before in Fort Erie. As for the fight I think most of us would get out of the way when only one of the fighters helmet is off. So tell me more about these Super Spartans, hows the record out of Zone play? Who have you played? 10-0-1 in this Zone really isnt anything exciting this year. BTW who tied you. Could it have been the Bengals?

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:12 pm #4

How many A teams have you played in your 10 wins and 1 tie? I can't for provied either, first loss spartan suffers will undoubtedly kill them. But thats what happens when you don't know how to loose.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 pm #5

i thought that in general it was a good game. spartans took advantage of hamilton's weak 2nd period by scoring 3 goals, while hamilton unfortunately wasn't able to put one in during about 3 minutes of 5 on 3. i didn't count how many spartan players there were, i think hamilton had 12 runners who were pretty tired by the end.

i thought the reffing was inconsistent - both teams got mouthy (especially the spartan tender who also took a really stupid penalty in the 2nd) but there wasn't too much chippiness either way. the fight was lame.

i think hamilton is still playing below their potential, which is unfortunate so late in the season. as for spartans, i think that not being in any tournaments thus far could end up hurting them in the end. they have a good team and i'm happy to give them credit for that, however i think that when it comes down to it they're going to have to put their money where their mouthes are. no matter how good you think you are, you really don't know until you've met some solid competition.

hamilton and spartan rematch next week, i personally hope both teams come to play instead of coming to chirp

Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:28 am #6

If the teams are chirping that is a coaching problem. It doesn't matter how good/skilled they are, if the coaching doesn't get that under control it won't matter. The kids should be looking at getting better each shift, not chirping and doing the same ole thing. The coach is the problem if the kids are chirping.

Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:43 am #7

i thought that in general it was a good game. spartans took advantage of hamilton's weak 2nd period by scoring 3 goals, while hamilton unfortunately wasn't able to put one in during about 3 minutes of 5 on 3. i didn't count how many spartan players there were, i think hamilton had 12 runners who were pretty tired by the end.

i thought the reffing was inconsistent - both teams got mouthy (especially the spartan tender who also took a really stupid penalty in the 2nd) but there wasn't too much chippiness either way. the fight was lame.

i think hamilton is still playing below their potential, which is unfortunate so late in the season. as for spartans, i think that not being in any tournaments thus far could end up hurting them in the end. they have a good team and i'm happy to give them credit for that, however i think that when it comes down to it they're going to have to put their money where their mouthes are. no matter how good you think you are, you really don't know until you've met some solid competition.

hamilton and spartan rematch next week, i personally hope both teams come to play instead of coming to chirp
you say there is a rematch next week? how so, i thought every team played each team twice, or atleast once, how r you and spartan play eachother 3 times? unless we got jipped on games..?

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:20 pm #8

dunno about playing each team twice? hamilton and burlington had a game cancelled earlier this season which never got re-booked. that would have made 3 games if it had happened. also hamilton never played simcoe (not a big deal).

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:53 pm #9

really? i never heard of any cancellation, and i thought hamilton did play simcoe? not exactly a big deal true

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:44 pm #10

hammy 1 has had 3 games canceled