2nd Round Playoff Predictions!

2nd Round Playoff Predictions!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:32 pm #1

With the 2nd round of playoffs set to begin as early as thursday, I noticed alot of the first round predictions were bang on, so im looking to see others predictions but here are mine;

East
Akwesasne vs Oakville - Akwesasne in 5, the sauce has too much depth even with missing some key players for the worlds

Green Gaels vs Halton Hills - Green Gaels in 5, solid D and top scoring duo with Goddard and Levick dont think Halton can match up with them

West
Six Nations vs Orangeville - should be a very good series, Orangeville has really started to play some good ball as they look like a tougher team since playoffs began, Six Nations has been on a roll, missing Bomberry and Williams may hurt them as they are a relatively young team with only a handfull of returning players from last years Founders team, however I think it will be Six Nations in 5

London vs Wallaceburg/Spartans - Wallaceburg/Spartans in 4, I dont think Glebe will have much left in the tank after playing all 20 regular season games

Cant wait to see others thoughts.......

Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:35 am #2

Congrats to all teams in round 1, especially those that moved on to round 2.

As for my round 1 predictions, London was the only one I didn't get right. Here are my round 2 predictions:

Akwesasne vs Oakville - Gotta go with Oakville in 4. Buzz is playing great lacrosse, and the sauce are missing some very important players on both sides of the ball.

Gaels vs Halton - Gaels in 5. These teams always battle, but I think the green and white have what it takes to knock off the defending conference champs

Six Nations vs Orangeville - I think this one is a toss up, but gonna have to go with Nations in 5. If it goes to game 5, I can't see them losing on home floor.

London vs Wallaceburg - London in 4. Wallaceburg coming off a tough series with Spartan, London will be fresh and ready to go.

Goodluck to all teams in the second round, should be exciting!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:41 pm #3

Akwesasne vs Oakville - Akwesasne in 5. They will survive missing some key players

Gaels vs Halton - Halton in 5. Halton and the Gaels are always battling hard against each other but Halton comes out on top.

Six Nations vs Orangeville - Nations in 4. I know Orangeville has been playing some good lacrosse but I see them only stealing a game in this series.

London vs Wallaceburg - Wallaceburg in 4. Again Wallaceburg is in the tightest matchup of this round. Wallaceburg's offense will come out on top over London's goalie.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm #4

Congrats to all teams in round 1, especially those that moved on to round 2.

As for my round 1 predictions, London was the only one I didn't get right. Here are my round 2 predictions:

Akwesasne vs Oakville - Gotta go with Oakville in 4. Buzz is playing great lacrosse, and the sauce are missing some very important players on both sides of the ball.

Gaels vs Halton - Gaels in 5. These teams always battle, but I think the green and white have what it takes to knock off the defending conference champs

Six Nations vs Orangeville - I think this one is a toss up, but gonna have to go with Nations in 5. If it goes to game 5, I can't see them losing on home floor.

London vs Wallaceburg - London in 4. Wallaceburg coming off a tough series with Spartan, London will be fresh and ready to go.

Goodluck to all teams in the second round, should be exciting!
They get nice leadership from some veteran players who, had they grown up in another centre, would likely be toiling their craft quite well in the A circuit. I'm no Jr B expert (confess I only saw a couple of games this summer in that league), but I like what the tandem of Pollock and Lemarsh bring to the table in terms of overall team focus and composure, as well as their offensive skills. These guys have been elite players for some time (and through some leaner years for the team to boot), and they well know what it takes to hold it all together when the ship starts to list a little. Along with the solid play of Durston, and a team that can play run and gun, or slow it up if need be, I think they're well tooled to push on to the next round.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:14 pm #5

Akwesasne vs Oakville - Akwesasne in 5. They will survive missing some key players

Gaels vs Halton - Halton in 5. Halton and the Gaels are always battling hard against each other but Halton comes out on top.

Six Nations vs Orangeville - Nations in 4. I know Orangeville has been playing some good lacrosse but I see them only stealing a game in this series.

London vs Wallaceburg - Wallaceburg in 4. Again Wallaceburg is in the tightest matchup of this round. Wallaceburg's offense will come out on top over London's goalie.
Sauce in 3- way to strong, find that when oakville gets down they shut down
Gales in 5- gales offense is stronger but haltons play a very tough game will be a fight to the finish
Nations in 5- nations great offense but bad defence and Orangeville also plays great both ways
London in 4- will be a tale of defense in this series, but i think London takes the close games

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 pm #6

Going to take a long shot, eat it up and lets see what you think:
Awkesasne in 3
Halton in 3
Nations in 3
London in 3

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 am #7

With the 2nd round of playoffs set to begin as early as thursday, I noticed alot of the first round predictions were bang on, so im looking to see others predictions but here are mine;

East
Akwesasne vs Oakville - Akwesasne in 5, the sauce has too much depth even with missing some key players for the worlds

Green Gaels vs Halton Hills - Green Gaels in 5, solid D and top scoring duo with Goddard and Levick dont think Halton can match up with them

West
Six Nations vs Orangeville - should be a very good series, Orangeville has really started to play some good ball as they look like a tougher team since playoffs began, Six Nations has been on a roll, missing Bomberry and Williams may hurt them as they are a relatively young team with only a handfull of returning players from last years Founders team, however I think it will be Six Nations in 5

London vs Wallaceburg/Spartans - Wallaceburg/Spartans in 4, I dont think Glebe will have much left in the tank after playing all 20 regular season games

Cant wait to see others thoughts.......
East

Akwesasne vs Oakville - Akwe in 4. Akwe dominated their season and first round, I expect the same in this series.
Gaels vs Halton Hills - Gaels in 4. Only going by poinstreak info

West

Nations vs Orangeville - Nations in 3. only missing player I can see impacting this series is J. Bomberry (who is gone to Worlds). Haven't paid much attention to Oville round 1 or pickups they've made, but last time these two teams played each other, Nations dominated that game.

London vs Wallaceburg - London in 3. As someone mentioned earlier. Wally just ended a tough series, and London will have the fresh feet out there.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:24 pm #8

Going to take a long shot, eat it up and lets see what you think:
Awkesasne in 3
Halton in 3
Nations in 3
London in 3
there goes the halton prediction