bchl viewers poll...

bchl viewers poll...

August 29th, 2012, 3:41 pm #1

Sure is a lack of options for "what's the best new feature for the upcoming season"

bchl showcase ... that has got to be the WORST idea on there!!! What kind of nonsense is that? 1 of the 2 games is considered a "home game???"

I like the old way of playing hockey MUCH BETTER, where a home game meant, the game was played in your hometown!

Clearly there should of been a fifth option to choose on that poll...

5. bchl needs to work harder than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 29th, 2012, 4:31 pm #2

The reason for the Showcase is to show off the league and it's players to scouts. Really good idea to expose the players. But by shifting home games to Chilliwack, plus cutting the schedule by another couple of games, I now get 13.3 percent fewer games..................but pay the same season ticket price I did last season. Who are your customers? The fans or the scouts?

Here's an idea to show the players to the scouts AND still let your fans see the games:

Open the season on the Labour Day weekend. There are 5 Island teams and 5 Mainland teams. You'll need at least 5 games to get each team involved. Have a Friday night game on the Island. Victoria or Nanaimo's home opener and have the scouts all there. Rent a bus. Not some smelly old thing, but a really nice bus and take them across to the mainland on Saturday morning. (If necessary John Grisdale can load their luggage into the bus...LOL) Then have a Saturday afternoon game and then a Saturday night game in the Mainland. Sorry Powell River and PG, you have to open on the road. And then another double header on Sunday afternoon and evening. Monday is a holiday. Bus up to Merritt and the Cents open on Monday night. Then Penticton, Westside, Vernon, Salmon Arm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. And then another round of double headers on Saturday and Sunday with some of the Coast teams having a road game. Sorry Trail, you have to open on the road in the Okanagan.

Or start in the Interior on Friday of the long weekend and then end the next weekend at the Coast. Don't move the games...... move the scouts.

August 29th, 2012, 6:32 pm #3

It is up to the teams to adjust their season ticket prices accordingly, not the league.

We're definitely not complaining about the showcase here in Chilliwack, it's great exposure for the city, the team, the other teams and the league.

August 29th, 2012, 6:32 pm #4

The reason for the Showcase is to show off the league and it's players to scouts. Really good idea to expose the players. But by shifting home games to Chilliwack, plus cutting the schedule by another couple of games, I now get 13.3 percent fewer games..................but pay the same season ticket price I did last season. Who are your customers? The fans or the scouts?

Here's an idea to show the players to the scouts AND still let your fans see the games:

Open the season on the Labour Day weekend. There are 5 Island teams and 5 Mainland teams. You'll need at least 5 games to get each team involved. Have a Friday night game on the Island. Victoria or Nanaimo's home opener and have the scouts all there. Rent a bus. Not some smelly old thing, but a really nice bus and take them across to the mainland on Saturday morning. (If necessary John Grisdale can load their luggage into the bus...LOL) Then have a Saturday afternoon game and then a Saturday night game in the Mainland. Sorry Powell River and PG, you have to open on the road. And then another double header on Sunday afternoon and evening. Monday is a holiday. Bus up to Merritt and the Cents open on Monday night. Then Penticton, Westside, Vernon, Salmon Arm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. And then another round of double headers on Saturday and Sunday with some of the Coast teams having a road game. Sorry Trail, you have to open on the road in the Okanagan.

Or start in the Interior on Friday of the long weekend and then end the next weekend at the Coast. Don't move the games...... move the scouts.
Glad their are a few others that feel the same as I do. Our season ticket holders here get a break if we buy early but still basically pay extra for those two games with a shorter regular season. I didn't do the math for our cost's this year but it likely is not a lot different than yrs past.

Just seems to me that they didn't think it all out. I couldn't agree more that this is all for the scouts and the folks across the league that actually pay the freight were forgotten in this.

Coming at the start of the season and all it seems to me that we will likely really be watching pre season hockey in this mini tournament. Yup great for the scouts not so much for the fans.

I plan on going to our real home opener on the 15th

Oh and I'm sure the City of Chilliwack will love it as would any City having their hotels and restaurants filled up so it's not all a bad thing.

We do have lots of good places to stay and eat. Common' down.

August 29th, 2012, 6:35 pm #5

ok well most of us in Chilliwack aren't complaining.

August 29th, 2012, 8:45 pm #6

Over three days I might get to try all the pies at the airport. If you're going to the showcase you have to eat there.

August 29th, 2012, 8:49 pm #7

It's not the same since the original owners sold about 5 years ago...

August 29th, 2012, 9:26 pm #8

Glad their are a few others that feel the same as I do. Our season ticket holders here get a break if we buy early but still basically pay extra for those two games with a shorter regular season. I didn't do the math for our cost's this year but it likely is not a lot different than yrs past.

Just seems to me that they didn't think it all out. I couldn't agree more that this is all for the scouts and the folks across the league that actually pay the freight were forgotten in this.

Coming at the start of the season and all it seems to me that we will likely really be watching pre season hockey in this mini tournament. Yup great for the scouts not so much for the fans.

I plan on going to our real home opener on the 15th

Oh and I'm sure the City of Chilliwack will love it as would any City having their hotels and restaurants filled up so it's not all a bad thing.

We do have lots of good places to stay and eat. Common' down.
Don't even get me started on the RBC cup that will be held in Vernon 2014... The gong show "Volunteer fiasco"....

sheeesssshhhhh!!!!

August 29th, 2012, 9:33 pm #9

It is up to the teams to adjust their season ticket prices accordingly, not the league.

We're definitely not complaining about the showcase here in Chilliwack, it's great exposure for the city, the team, the other teams and the league.
Viper fans are DOOMED!!!

There is no possible way viper management will follow Victoria's lead, truly show "fan appreciation" and drop the over-priced cost of tickets, let alone adjust the cost of season tickets for less games/per season.... Not with the RBC cup coming here!!!

Doomed I tell you.... DOOMED!!!!

August 30th, 2012, 3:03 am #10

Don't even get me started on the RBC cup that will be held in Vernon 2014... The gong show "Volunteer fiasco"....

sheeesssshhhhh!!!!
You're paying $0.60 more per game this year ChiefsRBack.

I can't wait for the showcase! I doubt it will be like preseason hockey because the games count in the standings. And the Chiefs only have 3 players left to cut so they pretty much have their roster ready to go.

It will be fun.