Moderators: Despellanion, Dr. Best

skarik
Forum God
skarik
Forum God

July 3rd, 2008, 5:15 am #21

Aww, I don't want to install c++...I'm having too much fun crashing rpg maker with its untranslated rubyscript! :-/

Oh well, at least I can make a hello world...over...and over...damn...

I have a question. I have never really done any hard coding in C++ (partially because I really don't know how) but I'm guessing that U3d can't be harder than adding a weapon and separate ammo in Half Life when I had no knowledge of coding at all.

Could you just hurry it up, 'cause http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/ is looking a lot more appealing to me right now. Still. Yeah. You can blame it on my hard drive, but I just want shaders. And I like the shaders in U3d. And I hate moving on. But I geuss that's what I'm doing.

Um. You know what would be cool? The U3DDN Library, like the MSDN Library- but not.

Okay, enough with the jokes.

Hey, it just so happens I haven't touched Game Maker since I got it working in Linux! I Love Life!

Anyways I think this is good, 'cause since I left VB, I haven't had a program that worked with MSDN!!!!
wrote:I was even surprised you made a version 2.1 for Game Maker.
Yeah, me too! I was surprised Dr. Best would live that long!

B4Rt
Advanced Member
B4Rt
Advanced Member

July 3rd, 2008, 5:40 am #22

Thank you for everything. :music: :U3D: BEST
Sorry my bad english.

Electricity
Elite Member
Electricity
Elite Member

July 3rd, 2008, 7:17 am #23

Dr. Best wrote:Please do not ask that many questions about something that may never exist. It is pointless. I can understand that you are curious, but years could pass before the answers would become relevant and most things are not decided yet.
Oh sorry... I just want to maybe make a living from making games and i understand that it takes years and a team of 40 to make a professional game.

Also i have no idea why i use Game Maker when i have bought Torgue Game Engine and DarkBASIC Pro...

Ben
Advanced Member
Ben
Advanced Member

July 3rd, 2008, 8:39 am #24

To address a few people on their posts.

@Skarik - Don't use any TGC product. I dislike them severely, they give next to no support and fall short of their products. They truly disappoint me. I wasted much time and money on DBPro, and even though the GDK is free, it is lacking as well. Many commands have seriously no function, as they just do not operate. And not to mention, they lack the mind to even make it OOP, which I find severely bad. IMO, if you have the capability of using OOP, you should most definitely use it. There are of course exceptions, but never mind that for now.

@Electricity - Same to you. I would recommend not using DarkBasic pro or Torque Game Engine. I recommend C++ or C# as languages instead of any other. I don't recommend, however, any other languages ( perhaps maybe Java, however I dislike that as I was forced to program with it for a year ), as C++ and C# have relatively similar syntax's.

And note to anyone else, if you want help moving on to either C++, C#, or Java, you may contact me personally. My aim is xnbenny53x and my MSN is bben53@gmail.com. I highly recommend you people to move to a lower level language, as it will prove to increase your chances greatly of being a professional programmer someday. I hope you all take this into mind, as I'm sure DrBest has the same thoughts. I hope you all go on to accomplish great things in the field of Computer Science and perhaps game and simulation programming.

Dr. Best
Forum God
Dr. Best
Forum God

July 3rd, 2008, 9:07 am #25

Good news everybody. Since many of you said that they would like to move on to different languages now, I have decided to make a new category on this forum, which will include several sub-forums about getting started with C++, C#, other languages, different compilers and free 3D engines. At the moment I am preparing for an important test at university and after that I will be away for a week. But next week Sunday you may see these new categories with benny as moderator. Benny and me will help you to get started with something other than Game Maker on these forums. I would appreciate, if many of you would move over there. If you become good at a language like C++ you actually have the potential to become a professional some day. If you stick to Game Maker you will probably remain as a hobby game programmer with few success.

Despellanion
Forum God

July 3rd, 2008, 9:53 am #26

skarik wrote:
wrote:I was even surprised you made a version 2.1 for Game Maker.
Yeah, me too! I was surprised Dr. Best would live that long!
Lol, not really what I meant :P

Mauro
Elite Member
Mauro
Elite Member

July 3rd, 2008, 1:37 pm #27

Dr. Best wrote:Good news everybody. Since many of you said that they would like to move on to different languages now, I have decided to make a new category on this forum, which will include several sub-forums about getting started with C++, C#, other languages, different compilers and free 3D engines. At the moment I am preparing for an important test at university and after that I will be away for a week. But next week Sunday you may see these new categories with benny as moderator. Benny and me will help you to get started with something other than Game Maker on these forums. I would appreciate, if many of you would move over there. If you become good at a language like C++ you actually have the potential to become a professional some day. If you stick to Game Maker you will probably remain as a hobby game programmer with few success.
YAY, i'm already programming with c++ and directx ^_^ (is 1 year that i leave the c++ now i'm restarting :))

if you will post same help i wiil be realy happy :)
Programming c++ and directx

Rixeno
Forum Leader
Rixeno
Forum Leader

July 3rd, 2008, 3:56 pm #28

Yay, a new C++ category, that rocks. Every forum I find on C++ is either too complicated at the moment, the people call you noobs 24/7 which I somewhat understand or that the stuff the give doesn't work for me.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to the new category. B)
Report spam the nanosecond you see it.
Ninjas are everywhere, for all you know there are eleven behind you right now, including me...

Bami
Forum Leader
Bami
Forum Leader

July 3rd, 2008, 6:42 pm #29

skarik wrote:Could you just hurry it up, 'cause http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/ is looking a lot more appealing to me right now. Still. Yeah. You can blame it on my hard drive, but I just want shaders. And I like the shaders in U3d. And I hate moving on. But I geuss that's what I'm doing.
Don't you ever dare buy anything from TGC. Their products are horrible, support is horrible and the forums are worse then the GMC.

edit: Didn't see benny respond to that. I still stand by my point though.
Here are the thrill seekers, corrupt and immoral.

Ben
Advanced Member
Ben
Advanced Member

July 3rd, 2008, 6:55 pm #30

@Bami - Nice to see someone shares similar beliefs in that subject! Haha!