Moderators: uklec, Peter

Rear Wings

Peter
Advanced Member
Peter
Advanced Member

September 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm #1

My car had a close encounter with a Volvo in the village yesterday it was parked at the side of the road and pulled out on me as I passed it hit the nearside wheel arch.

I need a new one but as BWE are no longer in business I will have to buy a matching pair from another type of Seven.

Has anyone any recomendations, is anyone using wings from a non Locust manufacturer?
Wing.jpg
Wing.jpg
Last edited by Peter on September 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian
Advanced Member
Brian
Advanced Member

September 26th, 2017, 11:25 am #2

That's not good!! if interested I have a pair of T&J second hand wings.
I can send photo?
Wing.jpg

Peter
Advanced Member
Peter
Advanced Member

September 29th, 2017, 12:13 pm #3

Thanks Brian, but talking to the insurance folks it looks like they will be opting for a new pair of wings and stone guards. Hopefully the Green Gel Coat finish suppliers use is the same I think mine are RAL 6005. If not they will have to fund a respray of all the wings and nose cone. They had seen the Caterham ones.

Peter
Advanced Member
Peter
Advanced Member

February 8th, 2018, 10:19 am #4

I bought a pair of wings from the Scottish Kit Car Centre in BRG RAL 6005. This is actually called Moss Green. They are a great match with the originals.

Peter
Advanced Member
Peter
Advanced Member

August 10th, 2018, 1:47 pm #5

The wings I got fitted quite well there was a small gap at the bottom at the rear where the Locust ones curved in a bit more but I filled that with some black silicone. I didn't like the stone guards I got from Kit Spares/Great British Sports Cars as they were a bit on the small side so I straighted out my old one and reused it. My car is 28 years old so it already has a bit of patina so it doesn't look out of place.

a_IMG_20180808_133846652.jpg