GOODIES youtube clear-out

Does what it says on the baked beans tin

GOODIES youtube clear-out

Feb 15 2017, 09:33 AM #1

Yes, it's happened again:

ALL the full-length Goodies Episodes [at the time of writing] appear to be removed again, with entire YouTube Goodies-related accounts shut down, presumably by the BBC.

To be fair, there was a bonanza-festoonery of Goodies Material on youtube, which seemed to include almost everything they put out---well apart from A Collection of Goodies, anyway.

Still no more official dvds on the Horizon as regards the remaining unreleased shows [around half, or just over half of the 75 or so entries, roughly] so those of you who have made up your own home-made collections are currently sitting on Gold Dust.

I did find about three decent upgrades on youtube, of Hospital for Hire/ Cunning Stunts and Caught in the Act.

Luckily I had the foresight to make my own personal copies for my own use.

No doubt the Goodies will return on youtube: Return of the Goodies and selected short clips are still on there.....

Feb 15 2017, 04:41 PM #2

Hi Lavatory meadows

Don't fear, there's been a bit of an update on this. :)

I was at the Recent Goodies event at Slapstick. Graeme got asked about the DVD release, in the Q&A afterwards.

And he said that... 'Network DVD are hoping to release the mentioned whole series boxset, 'hopefully this year' And he was waiting for confirmation of it.

So I guess it's matter of keeping your eye's pealed in the network DVD newsletter they bring out. And seeing what happens. :)
The Goodies turn 45 in November.

Repeat The Goodies as part of the 40th Anniversary petition

Please sign this petition if you watched BBC TV's Points of View item on The Goodies, If not follow the
[url=http://link anyway!

Feb 15 2017, 06:00 PM #3

Please sign this petition if you watched BBC TV's Points of View item on The Goodies, If not follow the

Feb 17 2017, 10:23 AM #4

Hiya Jenny and thank you for your interest.

Yes it did actually cross my mind that Network---or somebody----might hopefully put out a full BBC [1970-80] Goodies box-set, and indeed if this was the happy case, it would be in the interests of true Goodies fans to get all the youtube episodes removed, assuming decent copies of the shows were about to be released.

Many other BBC shows are still unaffected on youtube I notice.

So fingers crossed for a full Goodies box-set in the not-too-distant future---I will not build my hopes up but if it happens it will be a great Goodies bonus.

Feb 17 2017, 10:28 AM #5

Hello Jenny

I have had a look at your link again and I am not sure if this is because all the BBC episodes are availible for download [at cheap prices]

I wonder if a proper dvd box-set will come along though?

I sure hope so:

I wait a bit and see what happens.

Feb 17 2017, 07:24 PM #6

Feb 17 2017, 08:12 PM #7

That's great, Jenny!

I will sleep soundly tonight.