Winter Wonders

tweety
Advanced Member
tweety
Advanced Member

November 27th, 2010, 3:49 pm #1

Feel free to use my tutorial in any way you would like. Although it is my ideas that will guide you, please feel free to do whatever you choose with it!

This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP.

Needed supplies:

Scrap Kit of choice or the one I am using called Winter Wonders. This kit is by my good friend Shal and can be purchased at the places listed at her blog. This kit is on SALE during the Weekend of Black Friday for the ultra low price of $1!

Link to the kit directly is posted here

Tube: Artwork © Ismael Rac. I purchased these tubes while he was with AMI which is no longer in business. In order to use the image in this tutorial you MUST purchase it from Xeracx.

Masks of Choice: the masks I used came from Vix under goodies. Her site can be found here

I used Vix_christmasMask5.

Template: I am using a template from Divine Intentionz. Just click tag templates on top of the blog to get to them, or there are download links on the left. I used missy_tagtemplate300.

Plugins: If so desired I used EyeCandy4000: Gradient Glow, which is no longer available to purchase, but should be able to be found in the new EyeCandy 6.

Open all the supplies you wish to use for the tut.

If you are unfamiliar with a template it is very simple and easy to use. Basically, you click on the layer you wish to color. Then, Selections, Select All, Selections Float, Selections Defloat, Selection Invert (for papers) and then select the paper layer and hit the delete key on your keyboard. If you are using a round shape, you would also need to go to Selections, Smooth, 10 for settings, then Invert. I won't be writing these directions out every time.

Starting at the bottom:
background - turn on - canvas size 700x550
rectangle - SW_WW_Paper 4
thin rectangle1 - merge with rectangle 3, manual color correction, choose a grey from the tube or papers.
thin rectangle 3 - see above.
thin rectangle4 - drop shadow
circle - SW_WW_Paper 15 resized about 60%
frame background - SW_WW_Paper 19
frame - drop shadow
thin rectangle2 - SW_WW_Paper 9
wordart by missy - manual color correction, change pink to green from tube or paper
by missy - delete or hide.

Add SW_WW_Paper 29 and add vix_christmasMask5. Merge group. Add tube of choice under the wordart layer on the right. Add a tube under the frame layer as well. Drop shadow all layers of template and the tubes.

Add any elements of your choice. Drop shadow elements of choice. Merge any layers you choose together.

Add your text of choice, I used ICG_carpenter, and added a medium green 3.0 gradient glow and a regular drop shadow as above.

Add your copyright at this time. Resize tag if desired.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Please feel free to send me your results!