Information: Go to the new place.

Why We May Not Be Able To Visit Space In The Future

Just what it says along with Space Telescope and Observatory pictures, and Bios of those who made it happen.

Why We May Not Be Able To Visit Space In The Future

The Whether Man
Advanced Member
The Whether Man
Advanced Member

February 11th, 2018, 7:16 am #1

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

February 11th, 2018, 5:49 pm #2

Oh, great!

RIP Zetaboards

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

February 19th, 2018, 12:34 am #3

I have every confidence someone will launch a garbage scow soon. Money to be made in reclamation of the metals and alloys used to build satellites.
Definition:
Pareidolia (par-i-DOH-lee-a): The new term for swamp gas

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

February 19th, 2018, 1:32 am #4

Shecoda wrote:I have every confidence someone will launch a garbage scow soon. Money to be made in reclamation of the metals and alloys used to build satellites.
Back in the 70's there was a short lived tv series, Salvage 1, in 1979 that starred Andy Griffith who did space junk collection.
Don't think about all those things you fear. Just be glad to be here.

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

February 19th, 2018, 3:24 am #5

Sean_ wrote:
Shecoda wrote:I have every confidence someone will launch a garbage scow soon. Money to be made in reclamation of the metals and alloys used to build satellites.
Back in the 70's there was a short lived tv series, Salvage 1, in 1979 that starred Andy Griffith who did space junk collection.
I didn't see that or had not heard of it; but sounds like it was an idea way before it's time.
RIP Zetaboards

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

February 19th, 2018, 3:27 am #6

Skookum wrote:
Sean_ wrote:
I didn't see that or had not heard of it; but sounds like it was an idea way before it's time.
The show wasn't even mentioned on Griffith's Wiki. I had to do a little digging to find it.
Don't think about all those things you fear. Just be glad to be here.

Shredder
Board Deity
Shredder
Board Deity

February 25th, 2018, 9:31 pm #7

Sean_ wrote:
Before Space Balls, Before Hot Shots, there was QUARK, interstellar garbage collector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXlSMsndp0
Director of Alien Technology Research
The Lab

The Whether Man
Advanced Member
The Whether Man
Advanced Member

February 25th, 2018, 10:54 pm #8

Sean_ wrote:
Skookum wrote:
Sean_ wrote:
The show wasn't even mentioned on Griffith's Wiki. I had to do a little digging to find it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mR-gz9EFO8

Pilot & Complete Series Playlist