Information: Go to the new place.

Top 10 Foods That Originally Looked Totally Different

Share recipes, Cooking and Gardening Tips here.

Top 10 Foods That Originally Looked Totally Different

The Whether Man
Advanced Member
The Whether Man
Advanced Member
Joined: August 8th, 2006, 11:28 pm

February 11th, 2018, 7:06 am #1

Quote
Like
Share

grumpychick
Board Deity
Joined: May 2nd, 2011, 5:00 am

February 13th, 2018, 8:59 pm #2

That was super interesting!
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." - Katharine Hepburn
"I carried a watermelon." - Frances Houseman
"Everyone deserves the chance to FLY!" - Elphaba Thropp
Quote
Like
Share

michelle
Board Deity
michelle
Board Deity
Joined: September 8th, 2012, 8:09 am

February 14th, 2018, 6:08 am #3

I was pretty bummed today to read, while eating my little bowl of Original Life Cereal, the last little fine print way at the bottom of the side of the box, that it's "partially genetically engineered"

"Original" my ass, I guarantee it didn't say that when I was eating it 55 years ago
michelle wrote:

"You've eaten a lot worse things in your life than the dirt off a mushroom." - Jeff Smith
Quote
Like
Share

michelle
Board Deity
michelle
Board Deity
Joined: September 8th, 2012, 8:09 am

February 14th, 2018, 6:09 am #4

same with Wheat Chex, but at least the box of Cheerios I have says non GMO
michelle wrote:

"You've eaten a lot worse things in your life than the dirt off a mushroom." - Jeff Smith
Quote
Like
Share

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity
Joined: April 30th, 2006, 4:17 am

February 14th, 2018, 7:20 pm #5

michelle wrote:same with Wheat Chex, but at least the box of Cheerios I have says non GMO


non GMO ......I love seeing those labels; more & more!
RIP Zetaboards
Quote
Like
Share

michelle
Board Deity
michelle
Board Deity
Joined: September 8th, 2012, 8:09 am

February 15th, 2018, 6:13 am #6

Skookum wrote:
michelle wrote:same with Wheat Chex, but at least the box of Cheerios I have says non GMO


non GMO ......I love seeing those labels; more & more!
just plain Cheerios, I have to clarify, since I looked at a box of Honey Nut Cheerios tonight and it had the “partially genetically engineered” thing on it
michelle wrote:

"You've eaten a lot worse things in your life than the dirt off a mushroom." - Jeff Smith
Quote
Like
Share

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity
Joined: April 30th, 2006, 4:17 am

February 15th, 2018, 6:47 pm #7

michelle wrote:just plain Cheerios, I have to clarify, since I looked at a box of Honey Nut Cheerios tonight and it had the “partially genetically engineered” thing on it
Plain is good.

The more food products I see with the voluntary "non-GMO" labels, the more I think the pressure is being felt by the BigGuys.
RIP Zetaboards
Quote
Like
Share