Advanced Member

September 29th, 2017, 5:58 am #1

LINK

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

September 29th, 2017, 6:44 am #2

Sure wreck my sleep. Getting ready to hit the bed when I checked in here and found this thread.

Currently listening to the GIS, a good way to almost start October, the Halloween month. That time of the year and all that.

Really miss Art.
Definition:
Pareidolia (par-i-DOH-lee-a): The new term for swamp gas

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

September 29th, 2017, 7:23 am #3

We used to have another streaming site link, U7 I think it was called, 24/7 Bell stream. I wonder how long this one will last before it gets shut down.
Put your twinkie in my Nutella, it tastes good. Mallie from Darkness Radio

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

September 29th, 2017, 7:27 am #4

Really good audio quality. It's also from a Canadian source. Not sure where the last one was from.
Put your twinkie in my Nutella, it tastes good. Mallie from Darkness Radio

BenSlain
Advanced Member
BenSlain
Advanced Member

September 30th, 2017, 3:15 am #5

A lot of these shows are so dated i can't listen to them anymore but>>>>>What a great place to listen. Click the home button and hit all genres and do a search. More and better music than I heart!!!
I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else.

BenSlain
Advanced Member
BenSlain
Advanced Member

September 30th, 2017, 3:15 am #6

Oh....Hi Sean!!!
I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to somethin' else.

BenSlain
Advanced Member
BenSlain
Advanced Member

September 30th, 2017, 3:20 am #7

Nice find WM.

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 16th, 2017, 4:52 pm #8

The Whether Man wrote:
LINK
Before I register, can you tell me if this is still working? I've donate to U7 Radio when I can but it's often is down.

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

December 16th, 2017, 6:50 pm #9

Kamalam wrote:Before I register, can you tell me if this is still working? I've donate to U7 Radio when I can but it's often is down.
Works for me! right now, that is.
RIP Zetaboards

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 18th, 2017, 2:18 am #10

Skookum wrote:
Kamalam wrote:Before I register, can you tell me if this is still working? I've donate to U7 Radio when I can but it's often is down.
Works for me! right now, that is.
Ok, cool, thanks!

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 22nd, 2017, 11:54 pm #11

I can't get this to work... Is this just for Android? I tried to download MX Player onto my Mac but it won't download.

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

December 23rd, 2017, 1:04 am #12

Kamalam wrote:I can't get this to work... Is this just for Android? I tried to download MX Player onto my Mac but it won't download.

It's still working for me; I'm not Mac-savvy at all though.
RIP Zetaboards

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

December 23rd, 2017, 1:56 am #13

gameaddict4life wrote:Really good audio quality. It's also from a Canadian source. Not sure where the last one was from.
Think U7 was from Poland, Hungary, Romania, somewhere over there in one of the former Iron Curtain countries. But I could be remembering wrong. They go down, but seem to bounce back fairly quickly. Of course I haven't listened to them in over a year, so my info is all out of date.
My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

December 23rd, 2017, 2:01 am #14

Thanks for the link WM.
I am much the same as Ben, I can't really listen to these older shows much anymore. I did dl a lot of the Ghost To Ghost shows when they were available if anyone wants to get them. I can put them on OneDrive or in DropBox or something.
My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

December 23rd, 2017, 4:13 am #15

Navi wrote:Thanks for the link WM.
I am much the same as Ben, I can't really listen to these older shows much anymore. I did dl a lot of the Ghost To Ghost shows when they were available if anyone wants to get them. I can put them on OneDrive or in DropBox or something.
I am with you and Ben Navi. I liked Art and would still be listening to him if he were on, but I think his shows are outdated and sadly, so is he.
Definition:
Pareidolia (par-i-DOH-lee-a): The new term for swamp gas

The Whether Man
Advanced Member
The Whether Man
Advanced Member

December 23rd, 2017, 8:57 am #16

"Nobody Does It Better"
Shecoda wrote:
I am with you and Ben Navi. I liked Art and would still be listening to him if he were on, but I think his shows are outdated and sadly, so is he.
Time does march on doesn't it? With or without The King of Late-Night Talk Radio.

Still, at least for me tuning in any 'oldies' station, the attraction isn't newness it's nostalgia

If there's another Art Bell out there that could take the crown I'd like to know where he's hiding...

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2017, 5:01 am #17

The Whether Man wrote:"Nobody Does It Better"
Shecoda wrote:
Time does march on doesn't it? With or without The King of Late-Night Talk Radio.

Still, at least for me tuning in any 'oldies' station, the attraction isn't newness it's nostalgia

If there's another Art Bell out there that could take the crown I'd like to know where he's hiding...
wrote:Still, at least for me tuning in any 'oldies' station, the attraction isn't newness it's nostalgia
I agree... if I can get this stream to ever work, I will be a regular listener. I really still love those old shows.

The Whether Man
Advanced Member
The Whether Man
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2017, 8:17 am #18

Kamalam wrote:
The Whether Man wrote:Still, at least for me tuning in any 'oldies' station, the attraction isn't newness it's nostalgia
I agree... if I can get this stream to ever work, I will be a regular listener. I really still love those old shows.
Would you believe the "raw" URL for the stream (which works for me in WMP) is

http://198.27.120.235:8450/ ?

If you click on the link it'll bring up the stream's Shoutcast page, which includes this .PLS listen link -

http://198.27.120.235:8450/listen.pls

Here's a page on what PLS files are and how to play them:

https://www.lifewire.com/pls-file-2622177

Hope this helps!!

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2017, 9:43 pm #19

The Whether Man wrote:Would you believe the "raw" URL for the stream (which works for me in WMP) is

http://198.27.120.235:8450/ ?

If you click on the link it'll bring up the stream's Shoutcast page, which includes this .PLS listen link -

http://198.27.120.235:8450/listen.pls

Here's a page on what PLS files are and how to play them:

https://www.lifewire.com/pls-file-2622177

Hope this helps!!
I need to read about the PLS files. I saw I can open this kind of file on iTunes but I don't know how to do that there. But I just glanced at the article. Will try to solve this riddle later. The links didn't work in my (Safari) browser but I'm gathering it doesn't work like that.

I really am a toddler. Need a picture book or something! Geez.