Information: Go to the new place.

The Lounge

Talk the latest and greatest of video games or remember the days of the past.

The Lounge

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:08 am #1

Hey GA got MK 7 today, got it downloaded on my 3ds. Tomorrow im picking up a ps2 slim with some games.

Getting all this for $35 http://imgur.com/a/YfnjB
My Weather Station In The Backyard:

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:14 am #2

Lucid wrote:Hey GA got MK 7 today, got it downloaded on my 3ds. Tomorrow im picking up a ps2 slim with some games.
Ready to play online yet? I have an original model Phat PS2 and a slim. Both are under my bed collecting dust.

Out of curiosity, what systems did you own and grow up with as a kid? For me it was NES, then Genesis, PS1, PS2, Gamecube and Xbox, don't remember which one first, then PS3, 360, Wii. For handhelds original Gameboy followed by GameGear, GBA SP, original DS, DS Lite and finally 3DS XL.
Put your twinkie in my Nutella, it tastes good. Mallie from Darkness Radio

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:16 am #3

gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:Hey GA got MK 7 today, got it downloaded on my 3ds. Tomorrow im picking up a ps2 slim with some games.
Ready to play online yet? I have an original model Phat PS2 and a slim. Both are under my bed collecting dust.

Out of curiosity, what systems did you own and grow up with as a kid? For me it was NES, then Genesis, PS1, PS2, Gamecube and Xbox, don't remember which one first, then PS3, 360, Wii. For handhelds original Gameboy followed by GameGear, GBA SP, original DS, DS Lite and finally 3DS XL.
I just posted pictures of it

Nes, snes, Genesis, n64,ps2,GameCube, xbox,ps3, xbox 360,xbox one

That's in order of what I started on till present day

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:17 am #4

Getting all this for $35 http://imgur.com/a/YfnjB
Pretty good deal. I have Lego Star Wars II. Haven't played it much though. GUN is a good game, not as good as Red Dead Revolver though. Looks like you'll need a component cable. You really need one of those if you're going to play on a HD TV. Also if you want to play PS1 games some won't work on component. Some HDTVs can't interpret the less than 480i signal some PS1 games produce and there are even PS2 games that do that.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:19 am #5

Lucid wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:

I just posted pictures of it

Nes, snes, Genesis, n64,ps2,GameCube, xbox,ps3, xbox 360,xbox one

That's in order of what I started on till present day
Oh yes I forgot N64 had one of those too after PS1 I think.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:33 am #6

Anyways GA ive played Mario Kart on SNES,n64,gamecube,wii.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:38 am #7

Well your a pro then. I've only played the 64 version and 7 on 3DS. Up for some online races?

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:39 am #8

But anyways the ps2 comes with a 8mb memory card but i bought a 128mb off ebay because i know thats going to be ate up quick.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:40 am #9

Lucid wrote:But anyways the ps2 comes with a 8mb memory card but i bought a 128mb off ebay because i know thats going to be ate up quick.
Not that quick. Also the unofficial ones are prone to corruption.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:42 am #10

gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:But anyways the ps2 comes with a 8mb memory card but i bought a 128mb off ebay because i know thats going to be ate up quick.
Not that quick. Also the unofficial ones are prone to corruption.
I used them in the past and i really dont remember them corrupting but ill se.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:43 am #11

I'd also recommend some official wireless controllers from Logitech. Ever used those? Really nice and they were officially licensed by Sony. I have two. One has a sticky X button but the other works perfectly. I've used them for many years. Might be tricky trying to get used ones in good condition though.

They are basically what the Wavebird was to the Gamecube. Never used a Wavebird though.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:44 am #12

gameaddict4life wrote:I'd also recommend some official wireless controllers from Logitech. Ever used those? Really nice and they were officially licensed by Sony. I have two. One has a sticky X button but the other works perfectly. I've used them for many years. Might be tricky trying to get used ones in good condition though.

They are basically what the Wavebird was to the Gamecube. Never used a Wavebird though.
I might in the future right now I'm just going to use extension cords for the controller

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:46 am #13

Are the logitech controllers line of sight controller it looks like it has a ir sensor like on a remote

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:46 am #14

How's your Wii? What is in your collection for that? Have you looked into Homebrew yet? I hear you can still play Mario Kart Wii online using it even though Nintendo shut down the servers.

I never played Mario Kart on the Wii. How is it? Probably only worth it for online or local multiplayer.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:48 am #15

Lucid wrote:Are the logitech controllers line of sight controller it looks like it has a ir sensor like on a remote
I think they are. You plug the receivers into the controller ports and a little red light flashes both on the receiver and the controller. Never had a connectivity problem though, really long range. They use two AA batteries. Nice sticks and vibration support too.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:50 am #16

gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:Are the logitech controllers line of sight controller it looks like it has a ir sensor like on a remote
I think they are. You plug the receivers into the controller ports and a little red light flashes both on the receiver and the controller. Never had a connectivity problem though, really long range. They use two AA batteries. Nice sticks and vibration support too.
OK right now I'm going to use the wired I ordered 2 silver official controllers the console would have came with so I could complete it and will take apart the two I get with it and clean and sell them

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:52 am #17

Lucid wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:
OK right now I'm going to use the wired I ordered 2 silver official controllers the console would have came with so I could complete it and will take apart the two I get with it and clean and sell them
Oh, ok. Wasn't there a silver memory card too?

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:53 am #18

gameaddict4life wrote:How's your Wii? What is in your collection for that? Have you looked into Homebrew yet? I hear you can still play Mario Kart Wii online using it even though Nintendo shut down the servers.

I never played Mario Kart on the Wii. How is it? Probably only worth it for online or local multiplayer.
Ill write down a list later...i got a bunch because the games are cheap especially at gamestop lol

Ill look into homebrew soon.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:54 am #19

gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:
Oh, ok. Wasn't there a silver memory card too?
No clue the only people selling them on ebay is in the UK and Japan

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:55 am #20

Lucid wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:How's your Wii? What is in your collection for that? Have you looked into Homebrew yet? I hear you can still play Mario Kart Wii online using it even though Nintendo shut down the servers.

Ill write down a list later...i got a bunch because the games are cheap especially at gamestop lol

Yeah, I just found out that Gamestop online was selling a bunch of PS2 games for .99 cents or $1.99 for a couple of years. They just now upped their prices though. Now everything starts at $4.99. :(

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 2:58 am #21

I ordered Red Dead Revolver off ebay

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:00 am #22

gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:

Yeah, I just found out that Gamestop online was selling a bunch of PS2 games for .99 cents or $1.99 for a couple of years. They just now upped their prices though. Now everything starts at $4.99. :(
It was probably just the games but I saw both Smuggler Run games for $1.99 or maybe one was .99 cents on Gamestop's online store. Pretty good deal. I was thinking of collecting for the PS2 and just filling up a CD sleeve booklet full of them but that ship has sailed. I guess they were that cheap for a couple of years. Gamestop is getting into retro gaming now so expect prices to only go up.

I guess the Atari 2600 is still to cheap to collect for.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:01 am #23

gameaddict4life wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:

It was probably just the games but I saw both Smuggler Run games for $1.99 or maybe one was .99 cents on Gamestop's online store. Pretty good deal. I was thinking of collecting for the PS2 and just filling up a CD sleeve booklet full of them but that ship has sailed. I guess they were that cheap for a couple of years. Gamestop is getting into retro gaming now so expect prices to only go up.

The atari is like 50 cents each type deal lol

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:01 am #24

Lucid wrote:I ordered Red Dead Revolver off ebay
Enjoy! Redemption was good but they are two really different games. Revolver is very linear but I enjoyed it.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:03 am #25

PS2 is still cheap to collect for....its the one system you see the most at thrift stores like goodwill

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:03 am #26

Lucid wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:
gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote: Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

The atari is like 50 cents each type deal lol
Too bad the games aren't that fun to play and I have to keep wiggling the RF adapter to get a clear picture.

I have the Atari Collection for PS2 and it has a bunch of 2600 games on it in addition to Arcade games.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:05 am #27

Lucid wrote:PS2 is still cheap to collect for....its the one system you see the most at thrift stores like goodwill
I suppose, but a buck a game is pretty good. Seven to eight bucks? Meh. I enjoy my games really cheap.

PS3 collecting is pretty good right now, especially if you want new. I'm reading disk rot being an issue with PS3 games for some reason though.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:07 am #28

So were you buying a bunch of Wii controllers and replacing the broken sticks with Gamecube ones? That one night you were saying you were fixing a bunch of controllers.

Lucid
Board Deity
Lucid
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:11 am #29

gameaddict4life wrote:
Lucid wrote:PS2 is still cheap to collect for....its the one system you see the most at thrift stores like goodwill
I suppose, but a buck a game is pretty good. Seven to eight bucks? Meh. I enjoy my games really cheap.

PS3 collecting is pretty good right now, especially if you want new. I'm reading disk rot being an issue with PS3 games for some reason though.
Games at goodwill are like $3

and you just made me buy the atari and activision anthology lol

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

October 27th, 2015, 3:12 am #30

Lucid wrote:

I have Resident Evil 4 for Wii. Got it mostly for the motion controls since I already beat it on the Gamecube. Really don't much care for the controls though. I also think the picture was better on the Gamecube for some reason.

So proceed with caution on that title. It does have the PS2 extras though. Best played with a Classic Pro controller.

Some people really enjoyed the motion controls but not me. Just too awkward to control your character with the nunchuck in my left hand and then aim and shoot with the remote in my right. Just feels clunky and not intuitive at all. Also the game was not meant to be played that way to begin with.