Information: Go to the new place.

Here's the Thing...

Here's the Thing...

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

November 24th, 2016, 12:13 am #1

Until the constant replays stop, I am not going to post who is on the show tonight.

When new shows begin and the occasional replay is done I will post that, but for now, I have too much to do to worry about a replay.

If you want to know who is being replayed, please go to http://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/

I appreciate your understanding.
Definition:
Pareidolia (par-i-DOH-lee-a): The new term for swamp gas

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

November 24th, 2016, 1:45 am #2

Shecoda wrote:Until the constant replays stop, I am not going to post who is on the show tonight.

When new shows begin and the occasional replay is done I will post that, but for now, I have too much to do to worry about a replay.

If you want to know who is being replayed, please go to http://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/

I appreciate your understanding.
Makes total sense... ERRRRRRRR. Richard!

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

November 24th, 2016, 3:27 pm #3

Totally sensible.
My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

November 25th, 2016, 3:21 pm #4

Anyone have any idea just what RCH is trying to do to get back to having a regular show. I have dropped membership on the forum that shall not be mentioned and don't access it anymore. So I have no quasi insider info on the goings on except for what Sean_ shares here when he comes across it.

I see TOSOM now has 2 radio affiliates and has a revenue sharing program in place for 19.5 members. Sign someone up and get $1/month.

Is he having to show a specific number of subscribers to get anyone to carry the show?

I still don't see what is wrong with blog talk or something similar. Or is he trying to prove something to Mr. Bell and Mr. Noory?

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

November 25th, 2016, 5:55 pm #5

Don't rule out the possibility that he's trying to milk his subscribers as long as he can by leading them on that there will be live shows "soon." He does have a history. Anyone smart would drop their subscription until and if he goes back to doing a live show.
Don't think about all those things you fear. Just be glad to be here.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

November 25th, 2016, 7:14 pm #6

I have two ideas about what is happening with RCH and the show.

The first is it is the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and week. Guests may be harder to find at this time of the year than you think. Along those lines doing radio is a very long term yearly proposition. It may be this is his vacation before getting back in the trenches.

Second, if the above isn't true, it is possible that the replays are a trial balloon in the negotiations to prove that he can pull in listeners. The listener numbers may determine how much RCH has to pay or the amount of advertising revenue he needs to bring into the station to sustain the show. The amount of viewers = the amount charged for the advertising on his program needed to pay for the show expenses.
Definition:

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

November 26th, 2016, 1:10 am #7

Shecoda wrote:I have two ideas about what is happening with RCH and the show.

The first is it is the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and week. Guests may be harder to find at this time of the year than you think. Along those lines doing radio is a very long term yearly proposition. It may be this is his vacation before getting back in the trenches.

Second, if the above isn't true, it is possible that the replays are a trial balloon in the negotiations to prove that he can pull in listeners. The listener numbers may determine how much RCH has to pay or the amount of advertising revenue he needs to bring into the station to sustain the show. The amount of viewers = the amount charged for the advertising on his program needed to pay for the show expenses.
Well, if the second scenario is more the truth of the matter, RCH is not doing a great job encouraging his listeners to tune-in to the replays. I mean, it's pretty much total silence except for the random ... "Hang in there folks."

I am 2 cm away from canceling my subscription. Something better happen soon or November is the last month for me until he figures this out.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

November 26th, 2016, 1:19 am #8

I did cancel, I can always start it up again if I want to.

I agree, though, some explanation or friendly communication would probably help the situation.

I realize that RCH is probably a student of the Art Bell way of radio, but while we put up with Art's cryptic, stay tuned, something mysterious, some big announcement, etc., I don't think the same model works well for RCH.
Definition:

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 7th, 2016, 5:47 pm #9

Ok, I don't see any forward movement on the show... But after paging through the website, I can't see how I unsubscribe. Can someone give me a link or walk me through it? Another opinion is that I can cancel through PayPal I think.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

December 7th, 2016, 7:54 pm #10

You cancel through PayPal.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

December 8th, 2016, 2:44 am #11

I canceled through Paypal
Definition:

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

December 8th, 2016, 6:21 pm #12

Ok, I canceled - but a popup said that this doesn't necessarily mean that the vendor (in this case TOSOM) has canceled the subscription. Or something like that. Implying I could still be responsible for the subscription unless I cancel directly with TOSOM (??)

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

December 8th, 2016, 6:55 pm #13

December 6, 2016

Dear “Other Side of Midnight” Listeners and Club 19.5 Members,

We apologize for the lack of regular updates “from the Bridge” the last few weeks; we know that this “silence” has been frustrating — we miss you as much as you miss us!

A number of long-time listeners have emailed during this “enforced hiatus,” wanting a meaningful update; here, finally, is what we can now tell all of you:

There are a LOT of “moving parts” still going on behind the scenes, regarding the future of “The Other Side of Midnight” (picture a paddling duck on a mirror calm lake … ALL the meaningful activity is unseen … UNDERWATER).

Unfortunately, at the moment, we have to continue “paddling furiously” … while we continue “being vague” ….

Here’s what we CAN tell you “from the Bridge”:

“By The Book — HOURS will seem like DAYS ….”

We were supposed to be “live” in our new network home over a month ago — and then “this piece … and that piece” had to be added, compatible broadcast equipment ordered, “live broadcast” tests carried out … both at the local AND the network level.

Now, with the holidays looming, big organizations (networks …) go even slower with new projects — and that’s where we are practically, less than three weeks before Christmas; even though this may come across as “vague,” it is enough info to really stir up some folks who still do NOT want this to happen … and could delay things even further ….

As you might imagine, I’m personally VERY frustrated at these continuing “delays,” and have been trying to successfully conclude all this, plus, attend to the usual “Enterprise Mission” projects.

Against these realities, I have had to consider each public update re “OSM” very carefully … because of the aforementioned “interference.”

We WILL make this up to you … and with at least one MAJOR surprise we are working on (!) … when we return, LIVE.

Remember:

On this Show, we have been following an Arc of History (I mean, just look at the NEWS that has occurred while we’ve been “dark” just a few weeks — and you ain’t seen NOTHIN’ yet!!!).

So, each of our Archive shows (M is carefully selecting during this “hiatus”) is being chosen to “fill in THAT Coming arc” — to try to prepare you … for when we’re Back!

SO … pay attention … and enjoy. ?

If there is anything else you wish to ask (within reason …), please go to the contact page on theothersideofmidnight.com and “open a hail.”

We look forward to returning to the air LIVE as much as you do … as soon as … everything is a “go.”

We have a LOT to talk about!

In the meantime, remember:

“Third star on the left, straight on ’til morning ….”

Thanks.

RCH

Theothersideofmidnight.com
Definition:

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

December 26th, 2016, 10:02 pm #14

December 23, 2016

To All Our Faithful Listeners and Seekers After Truth,

The Christmas Spirit is pervasive at The Other Side Of Midnight and we have been anxious to give our faithful subscribers a BIG GIFT which has been in the works for months!

Yes – we are giving the loyal Club 19.5 members that have stayed with us during our recent hiatus, Richard C. Hoagland’s latest and most anticipated work, just recently completed with The Imaging Team from the show. This gorgeous and pioneering new book, “The Hidden History of Mars: A War In Heaven” with a foreword by Dr. Joseph P. Farrell, chronicles the Human Race’s Ancient History on the Red Planet with groundbreaking information that has largely been hidden from the world until now. Members will receive their very own electronic copy of the book when it is released and have access to all the bonuses included!

Because it is Christmas and we are close to the book release, we excitedly planned a same-day show too quickly for the good station KIYQ, Las Vegas, to accommodate. So if you received a notice about a live show tonight – hang in there – it’s on the way – just not tonight.

Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Happy Kwanzaa!

Stay tuned…and remember: 3rd star on the left…straight on ’til morning…

The Other Side of Midnight Team

http://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/
Definition:

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

February 8th, 2017, 2:54 am #15

Just wanted to let everyone know that I still have been paying attention to TSOM and there is nothing new to report. I will be watching and will bring any changes to the attention of the people who are still interested on the forum.
Definition:

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

February 8th, 2017, 4:41 am #16

Thank you for that.
I canceled my sub. Had to do it via PayPal. I just couldn't afford to keep paying for lack of content. He puts great stock in what he considers loyal subscribers, but some of us can only afford to be loyal for so long. There is no way to contact him to let him know just why you had to cancel.
And then he gets his feelings hurt.
Sheesh.

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

February 8th, 2017, 6:55 pm #17

Shecoda wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that I still have been paying attention to TSOM and there is nothing new to report. I will be watching and will bring any changes to the attention of the people who are still interested on the forum.
Thanks, Shecoda.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

April 21st, 2017, 3:31 am #18

Nothing new to report here. Still checking to see if there is any news. I am wondering whether this show will ever return.

I do miss Richard's shows on Mars.
Definition:

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 21st, 2017, 7:48 pm #19

Shecoda wrote:Nothing new to report here. Still checking to see if there is any news. I am wondering whether this show will ever return.

I do miss Richard's shows on Mars.
I was wondering about the current status... sigh. I wish they'd at least give an update. And I really hope there aren't subscribers still on auto-pay! Yikes!

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

April 22nd, 2017, 1:22 am #20

I would think somebody would have to be a die-hard fan to keep on with auto pay.

Or sloppy with their finances.
Definition:

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

April 22nd, 2017, 4:12 am #21

Hoagland Was Right - 37 Years Before NASA!

From RCH:

Thirty-seven years ago, in December 1979 (published in January, 1980), I wrote a seminal article in "Star and Sky Magazine" - picked up and sent around the world by AP, lauded by Dr. Robert Jastrow (one of the founders of NASA), and Arthur C Clarke and (later( Ted Koppel - scientifically PREDICTING, decades BEFORE NASA: "The oceans of Europa [one of the four "Galilean Moons" of Jupiter] are the PERFECT habitat [beyond the Earth] for CURRENT non-terrestrial life!" 37 years later - last Thursday afternoon, April 13, 2017, destiny rang...

NASA held a national press briefing in Washington DC, sent around the world via satellite and NASA TV, confirming that I had been right all along!! Here's the link to the CNN story re: the NASA "Ocean Worlds" Press Briefing last week.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/us/nasa-e ... ment-trnd/
NASA: Nearby ocean worlds could be best bet for life beyond Earth - By Ashley Strickland, CNN .

My article only dealt with the specifics of Europa's habitability, but it foreshadowed the existence of an entirely new CLASS of habitable worlds, DECADES before scientists or NASA missions had discovered them - "Ice-covered moons ... housing 'world oceans' ... protected by a tens-of-miles-thick covering of ice!" Here's the original "Star & Sky" article where I laid all this out, in 1979: The Enterprise Mission - Europa

Club 19.5 Members will also receive two graphics which recount what both Arthur Clarke and Ted Koppel said at the time - Arthur in "Odyssey Two" and Ted Koppel live - on "Nightline."

If I was scientifically ahead of NASA on this, why could I not be right about Mars, the Moon and everything else I have been saying in the ~ 40 years since ...!!? These latest updates and, well, vindications that are hitting the mainstream news outlets are just a foreshadowing of what's coming NEXT from NASA... Join Club 19.5 and never miss a development with our OTHER scientific predictions re Mars ... the Moon ... and when ALL this will "hit the fan" - later THIS YEAR. Go to the upper left on the site menu and click on "Join Club 19.5". Enjoy!

RCH & The Other Side Of Midnight Team
Definition:

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 24th, 2017, 3:58 am #22

Way to go RCH!

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

June 16th, 2017, 3:06 am #23

OK, here is the problem.

RCH seems to still believe there are people out to sabotage him, or at the very least, he is having a hard time getting guests.

It seems he had a new show on Sunday. The guest was Steven Bassett, the disclosure guy.

I spent all day Sunday on the computer, and during the course of this, I checked TSOM periodically throughout the day. He didn't have any guest listed, new show or replay. I finally gave up the computer about 6-7 West Coast time and there was still no listed show.

For those who are interested, I suggest you check TSOM for yourself. I will post if I see something new, but can't spend my life on the computer waiting for RCH to post his guest for the evening.
Definition:

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

June 23rd, 2017, 11:24 pm #24

I would love to promote RCH's show but he is playing it so close to the vest that he isn't announcing his guests, apparently until just before the show. I don't know if he is worried that other radio shows will discourage his guest before showtime, or if he is just having a hard time finding guests. Maybe he just doesn't like people to copy and paste his guest's bios and show information. That makes no real sense as that is show promotion to people who are interested and probably brings traffic to his show.

Again, for those interested, I suggest you check the show just before showtime.

If it changes in the future I will start posting his shows.
Definition:

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

June 24th, 2017, 5:58 pm #25

Thanks Shecoda. I had checked TSOM site the other day, but had forgotten to do so since. I'll keep checking back.

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

June 24th, 2017, 6:55 pm #26

I went to his site but the I'm not getting any audio from the show link.

http://www.kiyq.org/

I'm on a Chromebook.

Anybody else have problems?

*tunein works also maybe Talk Steam Live but the show's not on so I can't test
Put your twinkie in my Nutella, it tastes good. Mallie from Darkness Radio

gameaddict4life
Board Deity

June 24th, 2017, 7:13 pm #27

Got the direct station link to work but I had to put it on 64kb. No audio plays at 128kb. Seems to break up a bit though. Might have to use Talk Stream Live. The tunein feed is lower quality than the direct station feed.
Put your twinkie in my Nutella, it tastes good. Mallie from Darkness Radio

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

June 26th, 2017, 1:16 am #28

Other Side of Midnight
7 mins ·

Live Shows:
Saturday 9pm - 12 am PST = Sunday 12 am - 3am EST
Sunday 9pm - 12 am PST = Monday 12 am - 3am EST

Reruns Monday - Friday :
12 am - 3am PST = 3 am - 6am EST

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

June 26th, 2017, 3:18 am #29

Thanks for the updates. I don't understand why things are still so wonky... I'm surprised that his show has any legs at all at this point. Not trying to be too harsh, but it just seems so flaky.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

June 27th, 2017, 2:22 am #30

Wonkier than you think Kam. There weren't any shows at all this last weekend and as usual, no explanation.

I know RCH is struggling, but I am not sure what he is struggling with. His health? No guests? Nobody to produce the show? Equipment? Bandwidth? Who knows? He doesn't tell anyone anything.
Definition: