Information: Go to the new place.

Healing/ Ambient Music

Music & videos of white noise, nature sounds, mantras, healing music, etc.

Healing/ Ambient Music

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 10th, 2018, 5:54 am #1

This is one I turn to a lot. It relaxes me and I like the images and how the music shifts at different intervals, almost as if it is healing on different levels. It's also nice to do Reiki to this (or any energy healing work).

432 hz DNA Healing/Chakra Cleansing Meditation/Relaxation Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPVX75VIpqg

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 10th, 2018, 5:53 pm #2

That is so lovely!!!! I've had it playing in the background all morning and it has taken my anxiety level way down. It also seems to be soothing for Mulder, he's just been chilling on his favorite blanket on the couch looking very relaxed most of the morning.

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 10th, 2018, 10:58 pm #3

grumpychick wrote:That is so lovely!!!! I've had it playing in the background all morning and it has taken my anxiety level way down. It also seems to be soothing for Mulder, he's just been chilling on his favorite blanket on the couch looking very relaxed most of the morning.
Oh! That's so awesome to hear. And how sweet that Mulder likes it too.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

April 11th, 2018, 12:00 am #4

Echo has a large selection of ambiance and sleep sounds. I use one called Distant Thunderstorm. I use it every night when I go to bed. It shuts off automatically after an hour but I never make it that long.
Don't think about all those things you fear. Just be glad to be here.

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

April 11th, 2018, 1:42 am #5

I used to have a tape titled Distant Thunderstorm. I loved it. I wonder if it is the same?
I got another one called Country Thunderstorm. I do believe it was recorded on a sheep farm. The storm was wonderful, but the constant bleating of the sheep was not conducive to relaxing or sleeping. You would just be sinking into the sound of the storm and a sheep would baah Then another and then the sound would swell until the whole herd was baaing and bleating. I actually came across it the other day when moving media back into the living room.
So Echo has has ambiance and sleep sounds? Can't wait to get it. Next year. Next year.

I think any ambiance videos I have marked on YTube are ones recommended by Kamalam and grumpychick.
I do have this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jNlgoWq_8g

My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 11th, 2018, 6:45 pm #6

Navi wrote:I got another one called Country Thunderstorm. I do believe it was recorded on a sheep farm. The storm was wonderful, but the constant bleating of the sheep was not conducive to relaxing or sleeping. You would just be sinking into the sound of the storm and a sheep would baah Then another and then the sound would swell until the whole herd was baaing and bleating. I actually came across it the other day when moving media back into the living room.

I can see how the sheep would just end up being annoying, unless you grew up on a sheep farm and miss the sounds of home.

I had an app on my phone that offered a variety of sounds to fall asleep to and I mostly used the "Rain on a Tent" one but decided to check out a jungle rainstorm once. There are a lot of loud birds in the jungle...

Checking out the video you shared now. Having a very low energy day and could use any help I can get!

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 11th, 2018, 11:26 pm #7

grumpychick wrote:
Navi wrote:I got another one called Country Thunderstorm. I do believe it was recorded on a sheep farm. The storm was wonderful, but the constant bleating of the sheep was not conducive to relaxing or sleeping. You would just be sinking into the sound of the storm and a sheep would baah Then another and then the sound would swell until the whole herd was baaing and bleating. I actually came across it the other day when moving media back into the living room.

I can see how the sheep would just end up being annoying, unless you grew up on a sheep farm and miss the sounds of home.

I had an app on my phone that offered a variety of sounds to fall asleep to and I mostly used the "Rain on a Tent" one but decided to check out a jungle rainstorm once. There are a lot of loud birds in the jungle...

Checking out the video you shared now. Having a very low energy day and could use any help I can get!
Thanks Navi for another great option! Listened to it last night.

And I can totally see how sheep might not be the most soothing sound, even sporadically! There are some fireplace videos I have to turn off because the crackling of the logs is just too much or too loud. It's really a balance. For instance, I like a good log fire, but the sound has to be be in harmony or it's just annoying.

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 11th, 2018, 11:48 pm #8

I discovered this one recently - especially good for nighttime. With the light of a couple small candles, the computer screen isn't glaring and the rain mixed with gentle thunder is incredibly soothing. When summer really starts to throw down the heat, I know I'll appreciate it even more.

For some reason, I can't display the YouTube video, but the link works beautifully!

10 Hours Rain & Thunder | Nature White Noise | Rain on Old Wooden Home Ambiance

LINK

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

April 12th, 2018, 1:24 am #9

Listened to a few minutes. Nice one! Once the computer is back in the bedroom I will be using this for sure.

Did the 2 hour 528 Hz help either of you?

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 12th, 2018, 5:02 am #10

Navi wrote:Listened to a few minutes. Nice one! Once the computer is back in the bedroom I will be using this for sure.

Navi, at first I didn't know if I liked it that much (mostly because I wasn't expecting the high tone it had. I think I was expecting soft music or something like the other hz videos I use). But I was curious and did my self-Reiki. By the time I was done with that, I was in a really relaxed, very peaceful state, like in a light trance. I was so surprised ... because at first it was not that pleasant. Maybe my DNA was being activated and repaired! So while it may not be my *first* choice, it will definitely be in the roster! The description on YouTube is very encouraging and goodness knows the healing is very welcome.

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 12th, 2018, 5:23 pm #11

Navi wrote:Listened to a few minutes. Nice one! Once the computer is back in the bedroom I will be using this for sure.

Yesterday morning, I felt like I was running on E and not real optimistic about getting anything accomplished over the course of the day.
I listened to that video for about half and hour and started to feel much much better. So much so, I actually did some cleaning, re-organized some cupboards, and had a very small dance party (just me bopping around the living room) in the afternoon.

I don't know if any DNA was repaired but it sure did something positive for me!

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 12th, 2018, 5:26 pm #12

Kamalam wrote:I discovered this one recently - especially good for nighttime. With the light of a couple small candles, the computer screen isn't glaring and the rain mixed with gentle thunder is incredibly soothing. When summer really starts to throw down the heat, I know I'll appreciate it even more.

For some reason, I can't display the YouTube video, but the link works beautifully!

10 Hours Rain & Thunder | Nature White Noise | Rain on Old Wooden Home Ambiance

LINK
I love this!

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 12th, 2018, 5:42 pm #13

I like this one, it reminds me of the all the summer nights I spent camping out in the backyard, when I was a kid.
I slept really really well those nights.

It's not as dark as I'd like but I play it on my tablet placed face-down on a shelf on my nightstand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKJ7DHHzwwk

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 12th, 2018, 5:56 pm #14

This one is about an hour and 40 minutes. I find it very very soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGsZ6ythQQ

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 13th, 2018, 2:45 am #15

grumpychick wrote:This one is about an hour and 40 minutes. I find it very very soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGsZ6ythQQ
I agree, this is very soothing! Listened to it this morning and it definitely created peaceful vibes!

I'll check out the rain on a tent tonight!

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

April 14th, 2018, 8:45 pm #16

Loved watching rain on a tent
Definition:
Pareidolia (par-i-DOH-lee-a): The new term for swamp gas

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 15th, 2018, 5:16 am #17

Shecoda wrote:Loved watching rain on a tent
Pretty much had that on for the entire evening! Love it!

It was great background sound for going online and choosing Sky's summer activities at the local community college. I don't know why but I get kind of stressed. Registration just opened April 10th but some classes are already full.

In a twist I didn't expect, one of the classes he wants to take is Kitchen Chemistry. The description was brief but it sounded like a kind of molecular gastronomy type of class so that will be interesting!

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 16th, 2018, 5:11 pm #18

Kamalam wrote:
Shecoda wrote:Loved watching rain on a tent
Pretty much had that on for the entire evening! Love it!

It was great background sound for going online and choosing Sky's summer activities at the local community college. I don't know why but I get kind of stressed. Registration just opened April 10th but some classes are already full.

In a twist I didn't expect, one of the classes he wants to take is Kitchen Chemistry. The description was brief but it sounded like a kind of molecular gastronomy type of class so that will be interesting!
Kitchen Chemistry sounds very cool! I hope he enjoys it and, maybe, brings home some good eats?

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 17th, 2018, 4:25 am #19

A mantra for the peace and happiness of all beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFYaNyfq4Y

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 18th, 2018, 11:00 pm #20

Kamalam wrote:A mantra for the peace and happiness of all beings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFYaNyfq4Y
Just beautiful.

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

April 19th, 2018, 12:26 am #21

I am adding to my lists on Youtube. Soon I will have to regroup and reorder. Thank you all so much. Can't wait to get the computer back into the bedroom so I can listen and chill at the same time.

Shecoda
Advanced Member
Shecoda
Advanced Member

April 22nd, 2018, 4:42 am #22

Don't forget to expose your water to your healing music. The last five minutes or so are worth watching if you don't want to watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g9BmnrhRgA
Definition:
Pareidolia (par-i-DOH-lee-a): The new term for swamp gas

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 23rd, 2018, 6:22 pm #23

Shecoda wrote:Don't forget to expose your water to your healing music. The last five minutes or so are worth watching if you don't want to watch the whole video.
That was incredibly interesting!

grumpychick
Board Deity

April 23rd, 2018, 6:43 pm #24

Do you guys have any experience with Isochronic Tones?
Isochronic Tones - How They Work, the Benefits and the Research

I'm just learning about them and I like that, except for specific tracks, you don't need to wear headphones when you listen to them.
I know you're supposed to wear headphones with binaural beats but I don't always wear them because I find them uncomfortable so, even though I do find binaural beats helpful, I'm probably missing out on the full effect.

I'm always open to non-Rx ways to deal with anxiety and panic attacks and I'm curious if you guys have used Isochronic Tones and if you found them helpful. And if you have any video recommendations.

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 23rd, 2018, 9:53 pm #25

grumpychick wrote:Do you guys have any experience with Isochronic Tones?
Isochronic Tones - How They Work, the Benefits and the Research

I'm just learning about them and I like that, except for specific tracks, you don't need to wear headphones when you listen to them.
I know you're supposed to wear headphones with binaural beats but I don't always wear them because I find them uncomfortable so, even though I do find binaural beats helpful, I'm probably missing out on the full effect.

I'm always open to non-Rx ways to deal with anxiety and panic attacks and I'm curious if you guys have used Isochronic Tones and if you found them helpful. And if you have any video recommendations.
I haven't heard about Isochronic Tones but I have heard of brain entrainment. I've bought a few digital downloads from https://www.iawaketechnologies.com/.

On the one hand I'm totally intrigued by the new audio technology coming out. I really want to know more... and at the same time, the programs I've listened to were not any better than the 432 / 528 hz music on YouTube. In fact, strangely, I prefer the 432 hz music even more. But I don't know why! I would think the opposite would be true because the music/ programs from iAwake are so very technical and advanced.

Listening to the isochronic tones examples (even the ones combined with beach sounds or music) made me feel a bit anxious which is opposite their supposed effect. So chalk it down to personal preference? Or I'm just weird.

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

April 28th, 2018, 5:03 pm #26

This falls under the Nature category and can be listened as is (documentary) or you can do what I do sometimes... play two videos at the same time!

Mute one and play the music of the other! I actually learned a lot from the commentary on this video but after that, I want to pick out my own music and simply have the Redwoods as a gorgeous background on my screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWi2bn40ma4

grumpychick
Board Deity

May 1st, 2018, 1:10 am #27

It never occurred to me to play two videos at the same time! Excellent idea! Can't wait to check out that documentary when I have an extended stretch of quiet time! :)

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

June 13th, 2018, 3:37 am #28

So this is a unique ambient sound video in that it's of city sounds from all over the world. It's filmed by BBC Earth Unplugged and the images and sounds are strangely soothing and inspiring. I know that sounds like a contradiction considering the urban landscape but give it a shot to see what I mean! Best appreciated if in full screen mode.