Global Warming a Sham?

News and stories from our world.

Global Warming a Sham?

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

June 30th, 2009, 8:29 pm #1

Here is an excerpt from the daily blog of the Channel 8 San Diego (KFMB) meteorologist Matt Baylow.

"In case you might have missed this, this country's Administration has censored its own Environmental Protection Agency findings that anthropological global warming is a sham:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... 023915.php
The vast majority of scientists, most of whom aren't in line for a chunk of grant money to study the
subject, already agree that global warming A)isn't caused by anything you're doing right now and B)isn't necessarily a bad thing anyhow. It's just that now your government
agrees - but doesn't want you to know it. Nice."

Love is all there ever was, ever is and ever will be.

You are loved.

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

June 30th, 2009, 8:31 pm #2

CEI releases global warming study
By: Kevin Mooney
Commentary Staff Writer
06/26/09 12:09 PM EDT

Natural forces as opposed to human activity are largely responsible for temperature fluctuations, according to a new study the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI) released
today as Congress prepares to vote on global warming legislation.

Internal email messages show the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) suppressed the report and silenced the author
because the scientific evidence did not square with the
Obama administration’s agenda of regulating carbon dioxide, CEI claims. The EPA has become overly reliant upon outdated information from the United Nations and has ignored major
new scientific developments, the censored study concludes.

“While we hoped that the EPA would release the final report, we’re tired of waiting for this agency to become transparent, even though its administrator has been talking transparency,
since she took office,” said CEI General Counsel Sam Kazman.

New scientific data highlighted in the report shows that ocean cycles and solar cycles are probably the most important factors behind temperature fluctuations. Moreover, satellite
information now indicates there is little chance of endangerment from greenhouse gases, according to the report.

Some of the major developments overlooked by EPA official include a continued decline in global temperatures, an emerging consensus that hurricanes will not be more frequent or
intense and new studies that demonstrate water vapor will have a moderating influence on temperature.

Going forward, CEI has called upon the EPA to independently analyze the science and to become more transparent in its own reporting.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 81632.html

You are loved.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

June 30th, 2009, 8:35 pm #3

Let's not let the facts and truth get in the way of our agenda. EH! After all there's huge profits to be made.
Don't think about all those things you fear. Just be glad to be here.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

June 30th, 2009, 10:17 pm #4

There's no such thing as global warming. Climate change yes.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

July 22nd, 2009, 1:26 am #5

Global Cooling Continues
Environment & Climate News > March 2009
Written By: James M. Taylor
Published In: Environment & Climate News > March 2009
Publication date: 03/01/2009
Publisher: The Heartland Institute

Continuing a decade-long trend of declining global temperatures, the year 2008 was significantly colder than 2007, and global temperatures for the year were below the average over the past 30 years.

The global temperature data, reported by NASA satellite-based temperature measurements, refuted predictions 2008 would be one of the warmest on record.

Data show 2008 ranked 14th coldest of the 30 years measured by NASA satellite instruments since they were first launched in 1979. It was the coldest year since 2000. (See accompanying figure.)

Satellite Precision

NASA satellites uniformly monitor the Earth’s lower atmosphere, which greenhouse gas theory predicts will show the first and most significant effects of human-caused global warming.

The satellite-based measurements are uncorrupted by urban heat islands and localized land-use changes that often taint records from surface temperature stations, giving false indications of warming.

The uncorrupted satellite-based temperature measurements refute surface temperature station data finding 2008 to be one of the top 10 warmest years on record.

“How can an ‘average year’ in one database appear to be a [top 10] warmest year in another?” asked meteorologist Joe D’Aleo on his International Climate and Environmental Change Assessment Project Web site.

“Well, the global databases of [surface station reports] are all contaminated by urbanization, major station dropout, missing data, bad siting, instruments with known warm biases being introduced without adjustment, and black-box and man-made adjustments designed to maximize [reported] warming,” explained D’Aleo.

Warming Trend Overstated

“The substantial and continuing La Niña cooled the Earth quite a bit in 2008, to the point that it was slightly below the 30-year average [1979-2008] but slightly above the 20-year average [1979-1998],” said John Christy, distinguished professor of atmospheric science and director of the Earth System Science Center at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH).

“From research we have published, and more to come soon, we find that land surface air temperatures misrepresent the actual temperature changes in the deep atmosphere—where the greenhouse effect is anticipated to have its easiest impact to measure. Surface thermometers are affected by many influences, especially surface development, so the bulk atmospheric measurements from satellites offer a straightforward indicator of how much heat is or is not accumulating in the air, for whatever reason,” Christy explained.

“Recent published evidence also supports the long-term trends of UAH as being fairly precise, so the observed rate of warming is noticeably less than that projected by the IPCC ‘Best Estimate’ model simulations which, we hypothesize, are too sensitive to CO2 increases,” Christy added.

http://www.heartland.org/publications/e ... inues.html

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

July 22nd, 2009, 4:18 am #6

Yeah, but when the Global Cooling is done with, then we can get back to Global Warming; how's that fer science? :P
RIP Zetaboards

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

July 22nd, 2009, 4:21 am #7

Hey where you live it may be okay but i don't like the idea of being under fifty feet of ice.

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

July 22nd, 2009, 4:47 am #8

Sean_ wrote: Hey where you live it may be okay but i don't like the idea of being under fifty feet of ice.
I think we're real close to the same latitude; I know we're just about the same as Toronto. We'd best get our Yak herds gathered up.
RIP Zetaboards

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

July 23rd, 2009, 9:13 pm #9

These contaminated temperature readings have been brought since the start of the global warming belief.

Nobody payed any attention to the people identifying the actual locations of monitoring stations even when they provided pictures of all the urban growth around the temperature monitors.

Many of them were in black tar parking lots.

We here in San Diego have a similar problem. The main monitoring station for the City of San Diego is on the lee side of a ridge. That means it gets ridge shadow, or little rain. We actually get more rain than what is stated in the travel guides and the official weather service says.

However, the meteorologists in charge of such things as moving the main monitoring stations are reluctant to move the station because at least 100 years of weather keeping records would be rendered useless.

So, they keep using an ineffective system because they don't want to lose inaccurate data.

Your tax dollars at work, or at least San Diego's tax dollars at work.

You are loved.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

July 23rd, 2009, 9:34 pm #10

You know i was talking with my Mom's nurse the other day and somehow we got onto the topic of global warming. He thinks its a bunch of nonsense and agreed it's global climate change, not global warming.

Maverick
Advanced Member
Maverick
Advanced Member

July 24th, 2009, 3:50 pm #11

I'm more worry about global cooling! It sure seems like it this summer. I've never experience anything quite like the summer we are having here I tell ya.

The lack of sunspot activity has really put a hammer to those crying "Global Warming"! All of sudden I don't hear or see anyone talking about solar flares or the lack of them, and how it is affecting the weather.
Don't take life too seriously .. no one gets out alive!

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

July 25th, 2009, 1:09 am #12

Maverick wrote: I'm more worry about global cooling! It sure seems like it this summer. I've never experience anything quite like the summer we are having here I tell ya.

The lack of sunspot activity has really put a hammer to those crying "Global Warming"! All of sudden I don't hear or see anyone talking about solar flares or the lack of them, and how it is affecting the weather.
Mav, the only one I heard talking about it was Art Bell with his guest Dean Radin (a couple of weeks or so ago...).

I have been on the fence about this whole subject but I'm coming to the conclusion that Global Cooling makes a lot more sense. So... I guess I can pull out those old knitting needles. It's scarf time come winter! (actually I wore a scarf almost half the day today). :stichin:

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

July 25th, 2009, 5:28 am #13

I am trying to track down an article I saw on Thursday.

It said something about scientists are concerned that the sun is going into a long term quiet period.

The way I see it, global cooling is a lot more devastating than global warming.

I don't know how I truly feel about Edgar Cayce's predictions, but he said something horrific was going to happen and one wonders whether global cooling fills his predictions better that global warming.

You are loved.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

July 25th, 2009, 5:32 am #14

Didn't i just read the other day the Sun has started to become active again?

Kamalam
Advanced Member
Kamalam
Advanced Member

July 25th, 2009, 5:34 am #15

Cody wrote: I am trying to track down an article I saw on Thursday.

It said something about scientists are concerned that the sun is going into a long term quiet period.

The way I see it, global cooling is a lot more devastating than global warming.

I don't know how I truly feel about Edgar Cayce's predictions, but he said something horrific was going to happen and one wonders whether global cooling fills his predictions better that global warming.
Cody, I am especially interested in the Cayce prediction - if you find it, would you let us know what he said? If global cooling is implicated, it would be very helpful information to have...

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

July 25th, 2009, 5:43 am #16

I don't need Cayce to tell me what's happening. All i have to do is go outside. Last Summer was cool and rainy and this Summer is even worse. Summer hasn't happened this year. We're almost in August now and that's about it for this area.

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

July 26th, 2009, 9:10 pm #17

Here is the defining statistics on this summer weather from AccuWeather who apparently compiled many of their stats from NOAA. These are mostly US stats but it still presents a bit of a picture for the North American Continent

Accuweather link: http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blog ... s_july.asp

NOAA link: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/res ... /index.php

You are loved.

Maverick
Advanced Member
Maverick
Advanced Member

July 27th, 2009, 4:21 pm #18

Sean_ wrote: I don't need Cayce to tell me what's happening. All i have to do is go outside. Last Summer was cool and rainy and this Summer is even worse. Summer hasn't happened this year. We're almost in August now and that's about it for this area.
Isn't it depressing Sean? We only have about two months of summer and the first month is already gone!
Don't take life too seriously .. no one gets out alive!

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

August 15th, 2009, 7:53 pm #19

MIT Team Says "Global Warming Part of Earth's Natural Cycle" -A Galaxy Poll

A team of MIT scientists recorded a nearly simultaneous world-wide increase in methane levels -the first increase in ten years. What baffles the team is that this data contradicts theories stating humans are the primary source of increase in greenhouse gas. It takes about one full year for gases generated in the highly industrial northern hemisphere to cycle through and reach the southern hemisphere. Since all worldwide levels rose simultaneously throughout the same year, however, it is probable that this may be part of a natural cycle - and not the direct result of man's contributions.

MIT's Matthew Rigby and Ronald Prinn, the TEPCO Professor of Atmospheric Chemistry in MIT's Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Science, state that this imbalance has resulted in several million metric tons of additional methane in the atmosphere. Methane is produced by wetlands, rice paddies, cattle, and the gas and coal industries, and is destroyed by reaction with the hydroxyl free radical (OH), often referred to as the atmosphere's "cleanser."

Methane accounts for roughly one-fifth of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, though its effect is 25x greater than that of carbon dioxide. Its impact on global warming comes from the reflection of the sun's light back to the Earth. Methane is broken down in the atmosphere by the free radical hydroxyl (OH), a naturally occuring process. This atmospheric cleanser has been shown to adjust itself up and down periodically, and is believed to account for the lack of increases in methane levels in Earth's atmosphere over the past ten years despite notable simultaneous increases by man.

Prinn has said, "The next step will be to study [these changes] using a very high-resolution atmospheric circulation model and additional measurements from other networks. The key thing is to better determine the relative roles of increased methane emission versus [an increase] in the rate of removal. Apparently we have a mix of the two, but we want to know how much of each [is responsible for the overall increase]."

The primary concern now is that while the collected data in 2007 reflects a simultaneous world-wide increase in emissions, how relevant are any of the data findings at this late date?

One thing does seem very clear, however; science is only beginning to get a focus on the big picture of global warming. Findings like these tell us it's too early to know for sure if man's impact is affecting things at "alarming rates." We may simply be going through another natural cycle of warmer and colder times - one that's been observed through a scientific analysis of the Earth to be naturally occurring for hundreds of thousands of years.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... cycle.html

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

August 23rd, 2009, 8:03 pm #20

Climate change doubles tundra plant life
Updated Sun. Aug. 23 2009 8:29 AM ET
The Canadian Press

Climate change is already having a dramatic effect on plants in the High Arctic, turning the once rocky tundra a deep shade of green and creating what could be another mechanism speeding up global warming.

In a new study to be published in the November issue of the journal Ecology, University of British Columbia geographer Greg Henry has, for the first time, confirmed that rapidly rising temperatures in the Arctic are creating major changes in the plants that live there.

"It's happening so quickly," says Henry.

Henry first came to Alexandra Fiord on the east coast of Ellesmere Island in the 1980s to examine plants growing there. He found a harsh landscape covered with tiny Arctic willows, heather, dryas and blueberries, none taller than 10 centimetres.

Since those days, the average temperature in the area has increased by about 2.5 C - "an extremely rapid change," says Henry.

Those warmer temperatures are making a difference.

Henry says the total amount of plant material above the ground has doubled. In wetlands, that mass is at least three times what it was in the early 1980s. Plants that barely reached researchers' ankles now tickle their shins.

Below ground in wetland areas, researchers found 10 times as much biomass.

"That's an extremely rapid change," says Henry. "That's just unbelievable."

The changes were even more apparent where the land had been disturbed by erosion and sinkholes caused by melting permafrost.

Other evidence corresponds with his findings. The burgeoning shrub population can be spotted on satellite photos. And Dene and Inuit have been saying for years that the tundra is growing bushier.

There are other effects as well.

"If you increase the temperature, the plants respond by growing faster," Henry says. "The leaves come out earlier, the flowers come out earlier, they set seeds earlier. The timing of things is sped up."

The consequences of those changes, however, are still unclear.

"What's going to be the end point here?" Henry asks. "(Are) all parts of the system going to be able to adapt to the extremely rapid change in temperature?"

The range for large grazing animals such as muskox and caribou is almost certain to change.

They may welcome the more luxuriant summer growth. But taller shrubs may crowd out lichens and mosses, which muskox and caribou depend on for winter browse.

There could also be more ominous results.

Henry's study is restricted to Alexander Fiord. But his findings there closely match results from a global experiment that Henry co-ordinated on how warmer temperatures would affect tundra.

That means what's happening on Ellesmere Island could well be happening on tundra around the circumpolar world.

And if that is the case, Henry said the new, denser, shrubbier tundra could speed up global warming even further simply because that vegetation is darker and absorbs more solar energy. Previous studies have suggested that a global spread of thicker plant growth on the tundra could have the same effect as doubling the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

Henry said he expects other researchers to soon start reporting results from similar experiments in other parts of the world.

Reports on how global warming is shrinking the Arctic ice cap are increasingly common. Henry said it could be just as important to keep track of how the climbing temperatures at the top of the world are affecting landscapes.

"There's lots of press every September when NASA comes out with the latest minimum sea ice measurements and assessments. That gets big play, but no one ever hears about tundra."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... ub=SciTech

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

October 11th, 2009, 3:34 pm #21

Global warming hooey
Worries about climate are being manufactured by the international left

By MICHAEL COREN
Last Updated: 10th October 2009, 5:17am

It's truly extraordinary how every left-of-centre journalist in the country has managed to become an instant expert on the arcane subjects of global warming and the science of climate change.

Imagine, for example, if some average Canadian hack who had never studied the Middle East suddenly announced that he was an authority on Israel-Palestine, knew which side was right and knew how to solve all of the associated problems.

This, however, is what we are told every day when it comes to the fashion of sounding green. The more sympathy we can exhibit for Al Gore's polar bear or David Suzuki's whining, the more trendy and acceptable we become.

There are, however, an increasing number of peer-reviewed and intensely credible scientific minds who believe conventional thinking on global warming is nonsense.

One such being Lord Christopher Monckton, former science adviser to British prime minister Margaret Thatcher and a world-renowned scholar.

He was in Canada recently and appeared on my television show. A man of compelling wit and eloquence, he has defeated so many environmental activists -- he calls them "bedwetters" -- that few of them will now debate him.

"Al Gore has refused several times. Here is a man who is paid $300,000 per speech and has his staff control all of the questions that are asked. People ask why he is so committed," Monckton said. "Simple. He was a failed politician worth $2 million; he's now a famous activist worth $200 million!"

According to Monckton there are more than 700 major scientists who steadfastly refute the notion that the climate is changing to any worrying degree, that global warming is a reality and that the planet is in danger.

"It's all about the need of the international left to rally round a new flag."

Minimal

In a series of articles he appears to show that Earth's sensitivity to increased atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide is minimal.

"Take the example of the medieval warm period," he says. "The bedwetters tell us that this was brief and irrelevant. Yet if we look at history we see it wasn't brief and is certainly relevant. Climate does change but it's minor and it has little if anything to do with man's intervention." A brief pause. "It's about money and control. There is a lot of money to be made out of the so-called green economy and it allows people to tell us what to do -- which is what some people relish doing."

He continues: "Remember DDT, the pesticide used to kill mosquitoes that carried malaria. Jackie Kennedy read a book saying it was harmful, got her husband the president to bring pressure to have it banned and in 40 years 40 million people, mainly children, died. Now we've come to our senses and re-introduced it but only after the fashionable left did their damage.

"Global warming is similar. It makes no sense, is bad science and policies to deal with it will cause terrible problems. People are being indoctrinated and critics are intimidated into silence."

Is he annoyed at his opponents' refusal to take him on?

"Actually I'm rather delighted. It means I'm winning."

Frankly, he's probably right.

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/colum ... 1-sun.html

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

October 11th, 2009, 9:06 pm #22

LOL...this Monckton is VERY witty.......I like him. :D
RIP Zetaboards

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

October 11th, 2009, 10:42 pm #23

What happened to global warming?

By Paul Hudson
Climate correspondent, BBC News

Average temperatures have not increased for over a decade

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998.

But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures.

And our climate models did not forecast it, even though man-made carbon dioxide, the gas thought to be responsible for warming our planet, has continued to rise.

So what on Earth is going on?

Climate change sceptics, who passionately and consistently argue that man's influence on our climate is overstated, say they saw it coming.

They argue that there are natural cycles, over which we have no control, that dictate how warm the planet is. But what is the evidence for this?

During the last few decades of the 20th Century, our planet did warm quickly.

Recent research has ruled out solar influences on temperature increases
Sceptics argue that the warming we observed was down to the energy from the Sun increasing.
After all 98% of the Earth's warmth comes from the Sun.

But research conducted two years ago, and published by the Royal Society, seemed to rule out solar influences.

The scientists' main approach was simple: to look at solar output and cosmic ray intensity over the last 30-40 years, and compare those trends with the graph for global average
surface temperature.

And the results were clear. "Warming in the last 20 to 40 years can't have been caused by solar activity," said Dr Piers Forster from Leeds University, a leading contributor to
this year's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

But one solar scientist Piers Corbyn from Weatheraction, a company specialising in long range weather forecasting, disagrees.

He claims that solar charged particles impact us far more than is currently accepted, so much so he says that they are almost entirely responsible for what happens to
global temperatures.

He is so excited by what he has discovered that he plans to tell the international scientific community at a conference in London at the end of the month.

If proved correct, this could revolutionise the whole subject.

Ocean cycles

What is really interesting at the moment is what is happening to our oceans. They are the Earth's great heat stores.

In the last few years [the Pacific Ocean] has been losing its warmth and has recently started to cool down

According to research conducted by Professor Don Easterbrook from Western Washington University last November, the oceans and global temperatures are correlated.

The oceans, he says, have a cycle in which they warm and cool cyclically. The most important one is the Pacific decadal oscillation (PDO).

For much of the 1980s and 1990s, it was in a positive cycle, that means warmer than average. And observations have revealed that global temperatures were warm too.

But in the last few years it has been losing its warmth and has recently started to cool down.

These cycles in the past have lasted for nearly 30 years.

So could global temperatures follow? The global cooling from 1945 to 1977 coincided with one of these cold Pacific cycles.

Professor Easterbrook says: "The PDO cool mode has replaced the warm mode in the Pacific Ocean, virtually assuring us of about 30 years of global cooling."

So what does it all mean? Climate change sceptics argue that this is evidence that they have been right all along.

They say there are so many other natural causes for warming and cooling, that even if man is warming the planet, it is a small part compared with nature.

But those scientists who are equally passionate about man's influence on global warming argue that their science is solid.

The UK Met Office's Hadley Centre, responsible for future climate predictions, says it incorporates solar variation and ocean cycles into its climate models, and that they are nothing new.

In fact, the centre says they are just two of the whole host of known factors that influence global temperatures - all of which are accounted for by its models.

In addition, say Met Office scientists, temperatures have never increased in a straight line, and there will always be periods of slower warming, or even temporary cooling.

What is crucial, they say, is the long-term trend in global temperatures. And that, according to the Met office data, is clearly up.

To confuse the issue even further, last month Mojib Latif, a member of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) says that we may indeed be in a period of cooling
worldwide temperatures that could last another 10-20 years.

The UK Met Office says that warming is set to resume

Professor Latif is based at the Leibniz Institute of Marine Sciences at Kiel University in Germany and is one of the world's top climate modellers.

But he makes it clear that he has not become a sceptic; he believes that this cooling will be temporary, before the overwhelming force of man-made global warming reasserts
itself.

So what can we expect in the next few years?

Both sides have very different forecasts. The Met Office says that warming is set to resume quickly and strongly.

It predicts that from 2010 to 2015 at least half the years will be hotter than the current hottest year on record (1998).

Sceptics disagree. They insist it is unlikely that temperatures will reach the dizzy heights of 1998 until 2030 at the earliest. It is possible, they say, that because of ocean and solar
cycles a period of global cooling is more likely.

One thing is for sure. It seems the debate about what is causing global warming is far from over. Indeed some would say it is hotting up.

LINK

You are loved.

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

October 12th, 2009, 2:10 am #24

BeanBoy
Advanced Member
BeanBoy
Advanced Member

October 13th, 2009, 11:03 pm #25

Whether global warming is a scam or not, what's the big deal? Grab what ever you can! :D

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

October 14th, 2009, 5:22 am #26

BeanBoy wrote: Whether global warming is a scam or not, what's the big deal? Grab what ever you can! :D
wrote:"Al Gore has refused several times. Here is a man who is paid $300,000 per speech and has his staff control all of the questions that are asked. People ask why he is so committed," Monckton said. "Simple. He was a failed politician worth $2 million; he's now a famous activist worth $200 million!"

:rolleyes:
RIP Zetaboards

BeanBoy
Advanced Member
BeanBoy
Advanced Member

October 15th, 2009, 2:05 am #27

Skookum wrote:
BeanBoy wrote: Whether global warming is a scam or not, what's the big deal?  Grab what ever you can!  :D
wrote:"Al Gore has refused several times. Here is a man who is paid $300,000 per speech and has his staff control all of the questions that are asked. People ask why he is so committed," Monckton said. "Simple. He was a failed politician worth $2 million; he's now a famous activist worth $200 million!"
:rolleyes:
The truth it is! Al Gore lost his mind when he didn't become the POTUS! Even the slug we have now is better than that idiot. :D

Sean_
Board Deity
Sean_
Board Deity

November 18th, 2009, 9:26 pm #28

For the past few days this website has been advertising on local radio.

http://friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=196

I know nothing about them or who they are supported by but it does look interesting.

earthist
Advanced Member
earthist
Advanced Member

November 19th, 2009, 4:11 am #29

Sean_ wrote: For the past few days this website has been advertising on local radio.

http://friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=196

I know nothing about them or who they are supported by but it does look interesting.
Agreed; very interesting, indeed.
If you treat everyone like a criminal, pretty soon, everyone will become a criminal. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Cody
Board Deity
Cody
Board Deity

November 19th, 2009, 6:17 am #30

Friends of Science is a non-profit organization run by dedicated volunteers comprised mainly of active and retired earth and atmospheric scientists, engineers, and other professionals. We have assembled a Scientific Advisory Board of esteemed climate scientists from around the world to offer a critical mass of current science on global climate and climate change to policy makers, as well as any other interested parties. We also do extensive literature research on these scientific subjects. Concerned about the abuse of science displayed in the politically inspired Kyoto protocol, we offer critical evidence that challenges the premises of Kyoto and present alternative causes of climate change.

Our major environmental concern is the significant shift in recent years away from the important emphasis of previous decades on continual reductions in air and water pollution, to focus almost exclusively on global warming. The current obsession with global warming is misguided in that climate fluctuations are a natural phenomena and we suggest that adaptation should be emphasized rather than misguided attempts at control.

We do not represent any industry group, and operate on an extremely limited budget. Our operational funds are derived from membership dues and donations, contributing to the educational work we are doing in the field of science. We work to educate the public through the dissemination of relevant, balanced and objective information on Climate Change, and to support real environmental solutions.

Friends of Science values your input, either on the science or policy of global warming. And, if you’re as concerned as we are about global policy based on weak science, please join us to spark a national and international debate on global warming.

You are loved.