Information: Go to the new place.

Ancient Nuclear Site Discovered?

Wizard444
Board Deity
Wizard444
Board Deity

July 28th, 2015, 1:14 pm #1

I find this article absolutely fascinating and I hope you do too. Would love to hear someone with some first hand knowledge talk about this on Midnight in the Desert.

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous. A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. "

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

July 28th, 2015, 9:36 pm #2

This is an immense mystery; but, I wish all articles of this particular nature - - - well, all newsy articles - - - would have a date attached to them.

As far as I can tell, THIS article was published on 'Rense' in 2000. Taken from a now defunct 1992 article website. Some of it verbatim wording as the lead article here.

These articles estimate the intensity of the blast as being equal to those bombed Japanese cities in 1945. That leads me to wonder how it is that Nagasaki & Hiroshima are now thriving cities.
RIP Zetaboards

Wizard444
Board Deity
Wizard444
Board Deity

July 29th, 2015, 1:00 am #3

Skookum wrote:This is an immense mystery; but, I wish all articles of this particular nature - - - well, all newsy articles - - - would have a date attached to them.

As far as I can tell, THIS article was published on 'Rense' in 2000. Taken from a now defunct 1992 article website. Some of it verbatim wording as the lead article here.

These articles estimate the intensity of the blast as being equal to those bombed Japanese cities in 1945. That leads me to wonder how it is that Nagasaki & Hiroshima are now thriving cities.
I found a bunch of differing versions of this story and a bunch of differing debunks. None offered a single piece of scientific data. So my view is agnostic. It's still fascinating.
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. "

Skookum
Board Deity
Skookum
Board Deity

July 29th, 2015, 3:36 am #4

It is totally fascinating!
My problem is not whether or not to believe; it's that when I see something this fascinating I get caught in the kneejerk trap of wanting to pass it along as "BREAKING NEWS!!" to friends who I think will also find it fascinating . Even though there's "something familiar sounding", I forget that I've heard a similar story once upon a time long, long ago.

That's why I'd like to see these articles with a date attached.

To keep me from embarrassing myself. :embarrass: :laugh:
RIP Zetaboards

Wizard444
Board Deity
Wizard444
Board Deity

August 3rd, 2015, 4:38 pm #5

A bit off topic but I wonder how many civilizations, if any, lie buried further down beneath us. We scrape off a layer here or there to find Roman ruins or something relative to recent earth history. What else might be further down?

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

August 3rd, 2015, 6:19 pm #6

There is also this article from January 26, 2009. The article was originally published in 2005.
My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.

Wizard444
Board Deity
Wizard444
Board Deity

August 3rd, 2015, 9:52 pm #7

Navi wrote:There is also this article from January 26, 2009. The article was originally published in 2005.
That's particularly interesting - I saw a recent write up of the same story. We seem to get a lot of rehashed news - you and I. :laugh:

Navi
Board Deity
Navi
Board Deity

August 4th, 2015, 1:01 pm #8

Wizard444 wrote:
Navi wrote:There is also this article from January 26, 2009. The article was originally published in 2005.
That's particularly interesting - I saw a recent write up of the same story. We seem to get a lot of rehashed news - you and I. :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: Sure seems that way. Lot of rehashing going on these days. Or so it seems.
My choice? All the way down the rabbit hole.