Vintage '37 GMC COE Wrecker

spanky
550+ Posts
spanky
550+ Posts

September 25th, 2006, 1:03 am #1

I don't know what happened to this the last time, but here it is again, www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0393.html

TowZone
15,000+ Posts
TowZone
15,000+ Posts

September 25th, 2006, 1:29 am #2

Spanky, I apologise.... the images shown in this forum must be of your own equipment. We do make some exceptions for vintage equipment images taken at towing events. Although, generally those images are found in the Tow Shows & Events Forum.

Here is your first post:

If you need further information as to this policy which we do not list because it is rarely an issue.

Please feel free to contact me 24/7 by phone or email."It's when they stop talking about you, that it's time to worry."

spanky
550+ Posts
spanky
550+ Posts

September 25th, 2006, 1:47 am #3

Ah schucks !, Didn't know that one. Might need to change the rules alittle on this one. This section is good for the guys that are collecting, or restoring the 'ol Wreckers, & seeing Vintage Wrecker photos, & other old equipment sitting around, helps in the authentication process. I've got alot of neat 'ol wrecker photos, & Ads that I'm sure the other guys would like to see, & print copies of, as soon as I get a scanner. Shutting the door to anything except wreckers owned by members here, & wreckers seen at shows, will eventually run out. Not that many guys constantly buying Antique Wreckers, & not that many Vintage, or Antique Wreckers showing up, at the shows. Just my two cents.

TowZone
15,000+ Posts
TowZone
15,000+ Posts

October 4th, 2006, 1:16 am #4

Spanky, I can understand fully your thoughts. Here is the problem which we can get into by allowing members to show off equipment other then their own. Some members generally new members will post everything and anything which they have found on the net. They will infact go in search of those images to create such posts. These are at that point merely images unless there is a reason behind posting them. If the owner or previous owner was a member then there would be some merit to the post. Other then that member equipment posts would be lost in a flood of images. I would prefer instead that those images or links be reserved for response to related topics.

There is a reason behind every policy we enforce, often because it was an issue in the past. Thank you for your continued participation."It's when they stop talking about you, that it's time to worry."

TowZone
15,000+ Posts
TowZone
15,000+ Posts

April 30th, 2018, 11:15 pm #5

This policy has changed on TowForce.net

Years ago, several that were not online would make there concerns about images of their tow trucks being used without their permission. Much of this stemmed from lack of knowledge and persons with ill intentions contacting them to tell them the images were being displayed.

I would suppose by now that many of these company owners have become accustom to seeing their equipment on several social media venues. They do not have an issue anymore, wish that was the same for what their drivers are posting. Taking and Posting images of a Fatal Scene live or shortly after the incident should never occur. But, in fact is does at least a couple of time a week. No not here and that is something that will not be tolerated.

Find Our New Message Board at TowForce.net