Eugene when I started the project I was not really sure where it would lead as it still had the 750, so I used a cheap (free) rear axle cut off from a Pete COE with a 350, 9 speed direct drive, the ratio is a killer, well over three figures when it's let loose (the speedo adapter was made by Pete using the tire brand, size as well as the two VIN's of the trucks) but it has no pulling power what so ever especially in the short hills we have here.
This will be corrected with a different set up this summer using a 3.95 ratio (original truck had 4.11) and if this ratio does not work I'll change the ring and pinion to 4.11, I'm using the 3.95 right now mainly because it is a full locker type axle.
One huge miscalculation is I should have gone with either my original idea of the tag being between the two rear axles or as the very rear axle.
A smaller mistake was using two hyd. tanks trying to boost fluid reserve I did not count on the two stage pump not being sealed from each other so some of the return fluid goes back to the front tank instead of the rear one and if you did not drain it in time it would overflow (twice), it's all running from the original tank in the base unit now.
Other than that I've got no complaints except what it still looks like, but the money is green enough for the bank to accept.
John R.____."WATCH YOUR BACK".____www.formulaonetowing.com