TESLA MOTORS

Images of Rare and Exotic vehicles you have towed.

TESLA MOTORS

markacampbelljr
25+ Posts

March 25th, 2015, 3:02 pm #1

WE HAVE BEEN APROACHED to tow directly from tesla for our region. we have towed one without issue, but as we are approaching increasing that volume i would like to know more about these vehicles and issues you have ran into with them?  one of the major conscerns i have is there cost, and there unkown factors. since they cost so much the liability is much higher. as an electic car with electric motors what are the towing risks. what kind of speacial equipment do i need to tow these vehicles damage free.  

markacampbelljr
25+ Posts

March 25th, 2015, 4:56 pm #2

=1emhttp://www.teslamotors.com/sites/defaul ... xtract.pdftowing instructions model-s http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/defaul ... ready).pdftowing instructions roadster any body with hands on experience or issues? does anybody charge more for these?http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/defaul ... xtract.pdftowing instructions model-s http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/defaul ... ready).pdftowing instructions roadster any body with hands on experience or issues? does anybody charge more for these?

JimmyJohn3
JimmyJohn3

October 8th, 2015, 12:07 am #3

we tow for tesla.  there not too bad.  rollback only,  8pt tie down.  tow hook in trunk ( front of car ).   Dont get too many calls as there arent many in the area but when we do get to haul them 100 or so miles across the state when they do break down. 

orcas tow
- - -
- - -

November 2nd, 2015, 8:47 pm #4

From my experience, talking directly to Tesla Motors they have been very friendly/accommodating to talk/work with.
Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

caltowgeorge
caltowgeorge

November 3rd, 2015, 12:49 am #5

I have been working with Tesla for about 18 months and I've found them to be a world class car company with first class dispatchers. Tesla provides training and in field/on scene support is terrific. I've received dispatches on my iPad that show the service call address as an apartment building with multiple garage doors and they put an X on the door the Tesla is behind. If your not comfortable with removing the nose cone and using to tow eye, you can endless loop/soft strap the lower control arms in front or rear. They are transported in a Tow Mode which is a "freewheeling" mode so I use a pair of small airplane wheel hocks in addition to 8 way wheel straps. Race Ramps are very useful as well as skates.

jrios
jrios

April 18th, 2018, 9:11 pm #6

Hello,

My name is Julian & I am one of the Regional Network Managers here at TESLA Roadside North America. I am very pleased to read the tone of this thread and am hoping that as we get more and more vehicles on the road, we get to work with more and more towing & recovery professionals as well as growing our existing relationships.

We have come a long way in regards to dispatching, training and our provider network, all of which is done in-house by a team of amazing people who truly care about the Roadside Service Partners that help to care for our mutual customers.

If you are curious as to how to join our access to training materials, please feel free to email me directly at jurios@tesla.com for more information.

Safe Towing!

Cheers,

Julian R.

TowZone
15,000+ Posts
TowZone
15,000+ Posts

April 18th, 2018, 9:51 pm #7

danblast47
danblast47

April 26th, 2018, 11:43 am #8

I collect and restore old trucks ,so was driving around a old wrecker in Massachusetts and got pulled over ,was told I can't drive a tow truck period with out being a registered towing company.is this true ?