Star Trek Continues

This a public forum. To edit this forum's settings go to Menu > Structure > Preferences.

Star Trek Continues

May 25th, 2013, 5:09 pm #1

The first full length episode from the fan film series "Star Trek Continues" has been released.  I worked on this doing the set dressing and a hundred other things, lol.  I really think it captures the essence of TOS (but of course I am biased).  Check it out here and let me know what you think:
http://vimeo.com/66784863

and here:
Last edited by feek61 on June 16th, 2013, 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p><br></p>

June 1st, 2013, 8:01 pm #2

Here are some behind the scenes photos from the "Pilgrim of Eternity" shoot this past January.

It was freezing during the shoot!! Here "Apollo" Mike Forest and Vic discuss the upcoming scene:

Shooting "Apollo's" close-up which was amazing . . . even more so when you realize that there is no one there that he is talking too. On the set his performance brought on tears because it was so touching (over and over as they took many takes of the scene).  Here Todd (Spock) reads Athena's lines.

JUST off of camera the set looks completely different. This is just away from the bridge as Kim is doing some wild tracks:

Stand-in's for Apollo and Athena take their place as the scene is worked out. As you can see; everyone wants to sit in the captains chair!

The true genius of STC is Mr. Matt Bucy. His lighting and camera work was just amazing to witness.
Last edited by feek61 on June 6th, 2013, 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<p><br></p>

June 1st, 2013, 8:20 pm #3

Here are a few more from the first day of shooting.

This is looking VERY TOS:

Shooting "Apollo's" surgery scene. Mike Forrest is a very big man and barely fit on the bed. Notice the angle he is laying at here because he was too long to fit on the bed:

Filming is a long, hard process. Taking just a few moments of rest:

Discussing the scene to get it just right. It was amazing watching this happen!

The Sickbay set was simply amazing; just like being there!!!
Last edited by feek61 on June 1st, 2013, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p><br></p>

June 2nd, 2013, 5:52 am #4

Look good... But the lighting in sickbay just isn't right with that red/pink...

But the sets turn me on... I wanna live out my life there! Looks better than sex...

June 2nd, 2013, 7:09 am #5

The colors during the color correction process look much more like the TOS sickbay in the final cut of the episode. In all honesty, the sets were beautiful and it was surreal being there!
<p><br></p>

June 3rd, 2013, 6:45 am #6

Oh, I can only imagine!

I think I might've spotted a blooper though on the diagnostic displays... The 6 tiny red lamps along the very top of the scales are only supposed to light up when the patient is, you know, dead... Unless my memory is playing tricks on me...

June 6th, 2013, 1:45 pm #7

Yes, I noticed that too. Those displays were static and were animated in post production. It's just one of those things that got by (since it was put together so quickly). Here are a few more photos:
It's amazing how many people it takes to film these shows.  All of this for Kim's close-up!!
Extras standing by for their big corridor scene:
Filming Apollos trek down the corridor:
Kirk suspended in the air by Apollo!!! . . . . or maybe not!!  :)
I'll post some more photo when I have time.  I took thousands (and hours of video, lol)
Last edited by feek61 on June 6th, 2013, 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<p><br></p>

June 8th, 2013, 8:38 am #8

So are these sets still standing somewhere? Can I move in? Can I stroke my hands across those bridge panels? Can I run my tongue along the Command Con's buttons? Can I...please, please, please???

Makes me feel like a kid again, back in the early 70s...
Last edited by Lenny Nurdbol on June 10th, 2013, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 10th, 2013, 11:47 am #9

The sets are permanent standing sets located in southern GA.  It's a fun place to be and it DOES make you feel giddy like a kid.  It was always fun to watch people walk in for the first time.  The smile on the faces said it all!

Here are a few more from Kirk's Quarters:

McKenna's Close-up

Just some tom-foolery on the set:
Some more of Kirk's Quarters (notice all of the accurate trinkets):
Last edited by feek61 on June 10th, 2013, 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
<p><br></p>

June 11th, 2013, 8:54 am #10

Kirk's desk looks a little too dark, wood-grainy to me... Can't tell if all 8 of the rocker switches are there... I thought the grill was supposed to be a little wider... And that's an obvious sheet of wood trying to pass for the safe door... The gold bubblewrap frame hanging on the wall looks a little dented too... Who cares...

How much do I have to pay in rent to move in there?