June 15th, 2013, 6:20 pm #11

Just what the heck do you suppose is going on here???
<p><br></p>

June 16th, 2013, 12:30 pm #12

Deodorant commercial?

July 6th, 2013, 7:14 pm #13

I really love Star Trek Continues ! It really does capture the look and feel of the original, where no one else has ever come close. The only thing that stands out, (and I mean the ONLY thing) is the tone of the male characters voices. Nimoy, and Kelley both had fairly deep voices, where Todd and Larry have voices in the higher registers. Chris Doohans Scotty is spot on, And Vic's voice is close to Shatners, but only a little higher pitched.

But these are minor, as they all capture the character beautifuly.
Chris
Want to hang out with the ultimate party animals ? Come see us at;
http://www.hollywoodgorillamen.com/

July 7th, 2013, 7:31 am #14

Glad you enjoyed the episode Chris and no; it's not a deodorant commercial, lol. Actually on the one day we finished filming early there was enough time so that Vic was able to do a video tribute to Mike Forest; recreating the dramatic closing scene from "Who Mourns for Adonais?" It was shown the next day at the crew lunch and was a huge hit. Mike Forest loved it. Here are a few more photos:

<p><br></p>

July 8th, 2013, 12:03 pm #15

Now imagine if these guys had the kind of budget that Jackass Abrams gets for his abominations...

July 9th, 2013, 12:20 pm #16

New to this forum, but a lifetime Trek fan.  I have to say I am more than impressed with 'Continues', but in writing, acting and set re-creations.  It does remind me of watching it in the '70's as a kid.  And I agree - it would be great to give this production a tenth of the Abrams 'version'.  But as with the original show itself, they did more with less and it forced them to be creative.  Seems to be working here.   I would love to visit these sets, too!

July 19th, 2013, 5:39 am #17

Maybe somebody will sell tickets: "Visit the Star Trek Continues sets!"...

September 15th, 2013, 4:43 pm #18

just watched the show, what a treat!! I have not enjoyed a show like this in a long time :) thank you

September 20th, 2013, 10:37 am #19

Glad you enjoyed it. We will be filming the next episode next month so stay tuned!!
<p><br></p>

November 22nd, 2017, 5:59 pm #20

feek61 wrote: Here are some behind the scenes photos from the "Pilgrim of Eternity" shoot this past January.

It was freezing during the shoot!!  Here "Apollo" Mike Forest and Vic discuss the upcoming scene:

Shooting "Apollo's" close-up which was amazing . . . even more so when you realize that there is no one there that he is talking too.  On the set his performance brought on tears because it was so touching (over and over as they took many takes of the scene).  Here Todd (Spock) reads Athena's lines.

JUST off of camera the set looks completely different.  This is just away from the bridge as Kim is doing some wild tracks:

Stand-in's for Apollo and Athena take their place as the scene is worked out.  As you can see; everyone wants to sit in the captains chair!

The true genius of STC is Mr. Matt Bucy.  His lighting and camera work was just amazing to witness.
I have to agree, his lighting and cam work just totally nails the TOS look. He really duplicated the look it was uncanny. Can not say enough good things about what he did.