NEW Bridge Communications Station

This a public forum. To edit this forum's settings go to Menu > Structure > Preferences.
Joined: January 24th, 2017, 7:48 pm

July 11th, 2017, 10:29 am #11

Hi I left my email as a DM for you. Thanks for the help
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: January 1st, 2018, 7:12 am

January 1st, 2018, 5:09 pm #12

A link in the post for ... resin buttons were changed out prior to the start of the second season as detailed in the TOS buttons section here:  

points to the URL below, but is broken.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... witches-Li

Can this be corrected?

Thanks,
Russ
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: April 29th, 2007, 8:38 am

January 2nd, 2018, 7:59 am #13

grokwhy wrote: A link in the post for ... resin buttons were changed out prior to the start of the second season as detailed in the TOS buttons section here:  

points to the URL below, but is broken.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... witches-Li

Can this be corrected?

Thanks,
Russ
Hey Russ,

I am working on updating the information regarding the buttons
<p><br></p>
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: March 13th, 2018, 5:52 pm

March 13th, 2018, 5:54 pm #14

Sybeck1 wrote: https://postimg.org/image/thievq3np/][/url[/url]]

This is 3D printed Science station using Racer X's great model on 3D warehouse. I used screens I found here. I am moving on to communications but can't find the screens here. Are they avaialable somewhere? Thanks for all your help
Can you tell me how you made this 3d printable? I haven't been able to get it to be printable.
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: January 24th, 2017, 7:48 pm

March 13th, 2018, 6:05 pm #15

ddcdrake03 wrote:
Sybeck1 wrote: https://postimg.org/image/thievq3np/][/url[/url]]

This is 3D printed Science station using Racer X's great model on 3D warehouse. I used screens I found here. I am moving on to communications but can't find the screens here. Are they avaialable somewhere? Thanks for all your help
Can you tell me how you made this 3d printable? I haven't been able to get it to be printable.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... e-NCC-1701

This is the file I used. I deleted all of the sections except for Spocks. I then scaled it by dividing by six. Of course I had to make cuts using Netfabb. In the end I had to glue, fill the gaps and paint it. What level are you at in building?
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: March 13th, 2018, 5:52 pm

March 13th, 2018, 8:11 pm #16

Sybeck1 wrote:
ddcdrake03 wrote:
Sybeck1 wrote: https://postimg.org/image/thievq3np/][/url[/url]]

This is 3D printed Science station using Racer X's great model on 3D warehouse. I used screens I found here. I am moving on to communications but can't find the screens here. Are they avaialable somewhere? Thanks for all your help
Can you tell me how you made this 3d printable? I haven't been able to get it to be printable.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... e-NCC-1701

This is the file I used.  I deleted all of the sections except for Spocks. I then scaled it by dividing by six. Of course I had to make cuts using Netfabb. In the end I had to glue, fill the gaps and paint it. What level are you at in building?
I havent started yet, I was working on my own bridge model in fusion 360, but why reinvent the wheel?
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: July 30th, 2017, 10:05 am

March 14th, 2018, 8:05 am #17

feek61 wrote: Here are a few caps showing the cover over the original rocker switch location (circled in yellow).  It is almost impossible to see in the show because it is black and the console top is black so it blends right into the console but if you enhance the photo you can make it out.  The blank cover appears to be the standard rocker switch bezel used on the bridge with the inside cutout filled-in with a flat piece of material. 
This scene from "And the Children Shall Lead" shows the cover over the original rocker switch location
This scene from the second season episode "The Changeling" shows both the new rocker switch location and the cover over the original location
This scene also shows both the rocker switches and the original location covered

Enhancing the caps can revel information and details that could easily be missed.  Take this cap for example:
If you take the above screen grab and lighten it, add contrast and increase the saturation; details on the button colors revel themselves.  The dark red button could easily be overlooked in the original cap but manipulating the photo gives us details that otherwise would have been missed. Here is the enhanced screen grab:
 
The same screen cap also shows the rocker switch cover which as with the dark red button; could have easily been over-looked.
As far as the Bridge station console construction the top was indeed made of plexiglass.  The console themselves appears to be made of wood with a laminate covering.
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: February 28th, 2017, 9:58 pm

March 29th, 2018, 2:03 pm #18

I'm in the [early] process of building my own Comm-1 and Comm-2 displays.

Using Feek's artwork and Adobe Illustrator, I've come up with this for the Comm-1 display:



My thought is to use 1mm sheet styrene (painted black) to separate the 36 LEDs needed for this display.

But...

In the section on this site detailing how the light boxes were built, it specifies that for Comm 1, which is a 10" x 10" graphic, that the light box was 10 9/16" square (or 10.5625" for those who like decimal).  It also specifies that 3/4" thick plywood was used in the construction.

Laying all of this info out in Adobe Illustrator, I came up with this:



Which turns out that there is a 0.46875" border which cuts-into the graphic.

So it looks like, for my purposes at least, using 1/2 thick plywood will make for a better box...

And because I'm using LED lighting, I won't need as much in the way of heat venting.

Cheers,

-Tc
Reply
Like
Share