Scared off?

Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader
Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader

8:33 AM - Aug 27, 2018 #1

Where on earth is everybody?

The new site is quite simple to use so don't be scared off. Top right will show you 4 symbols, search, Members and contact button, replies to any of your posts and messages and the key to it all your user-name.

To set things as to how YOU want them just click your user-name, top right, open my account and below your avatar there is a control panel dedicated to you. Study it then change things your way. You can decide what notifications you want/don't want, order of posting either latest first or latest last and a red dot will show what is new again and various other things.

When reading posts use the Discussions link and look for 'Unread' if new stuff there a red dot will show, click that as as you read any new posts and go back to Discussions, Unread and go again. I know it's holiday time but somebody must still be alive out there.

Over on MainlyMilitary we also have a 'Like' button at the bottom of each post, perhaps the bosses would consider the same here, just a thought.

nigelshipp
Admin

5:33 PM - Aug 28, 2018 #2

Its probably got more to do with uploading images than anything else, since the google debacle of last year some members use our facebook site as its easier to upload pics. Ths has had a knock on effect on the forum

Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader
Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader

8:30 AM - Aug 29, 2018 #3

Nigel I along with many others don't do social media and uploading images is exactly the same as before using your favourite photo host. 
Flickr, open the photo hit the share link and just use the BB code, 
Tinypics, just open the the picture find the Forum and message board link then copy and paste. Only difference now is that the photo appears instantly before posting.
I should imagine that other hosts are much the same.

This is via Flickr

img086 by Derek Reeve, on Flickr

This is via Tinypics

nigelshipp
Admin

5:51 PM - Aug 29, 2018 #4

Loving the socks

Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader
Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader

12:25 PM - Aug 31, 2018 #5

You're only jealous. 

Is it really just us 2 now Nigel? 

So much more fun if they banned Social Media or, sorry chaps, as I call it 'Moron' media, completely then perhaps people would actually talk to one another instead of burying their noses in the pavement via their phones. Rant over.🤐

nigelshipp
Admin

3:46 PM - Aug 31, 2018 #6

Sometimes I think it is but when I go into the admin section I can see quite a few people drop in to see whats going on. Maybe there isnt a lot of building going on, you know modellers are like we all think we build loads

Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader
Ye Olde Farte
Squadron Leader

5:23 PM - Aug 31, 2018 #7

Never known it this quiet though, weird.

Beaver
Flight Lieutenant
Beaver
Flight Lieutenant

10:24 AM - Sep 24, 2018 #8

I think there's always a risk of a single type forum to become quiet.   I've been posting non-Tornado builds recently, but haven't built a Tornado kit for quite a while.

nigelshipp
Admin

1:14 PM - Sep 24, 2018 #9

Hi Nigel,  spot on