Information: This board is currently read-only.

Any German ?

virginie
Advanced Member
virginie
Advanced Member

5:41 PM - Jul 20, 2009 #1

:P I'm looking for someone who speaks German, preferably a native speaker. I'd like him/her to translante a video... so that I could add the subtitles, or at least understand what is said. It'd be very useful for something I'm working on right now.
I used to speak German a little bit, but it's way too difficult for me to undertsand what is said. I could ask to my father, but I'm not sure he'd enjoy doing it. :lol:

If no one here speaks German, maybe one of you has the English version of the Biography about Tom ? It's about 40 minutes long.
Tom Hanks Online - Your #1 Source For Everything Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks Online - On Facebook
Tom Hanks Online - On Twitter

Jen
Jen

7:57 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #2

Hi Virginie!

Am pretty new to this site after surfing tomhanksonline quite a few months.

I'm a native German speaker and a huge Tom fan. So maybe I can help you? :)

virginie
Advanced Member
virginie
Advanced Member

8:36 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #3

Hi Jen !

Well, first of all, welcome !! :)
If you want, you can introduce yourself here.

Thank you for volunteering. :D
So here is what it's about : I have the 40-minute documentary Biography about Tom Hanks, except it's dubbed in German. Do you think you'd have time to transcript and then translate what is said in the video ? It will certainly take quite a lot of time but we could try to add subtitles afterwards.

Let me know if you want so that I can send you the videos. :) You can try first, and let us know if it's okay to go on, or if it's too much work.

Jen
Jen

8:51 PM - Sep 27, 2009 #4

Hey again! :)

Well, first of all I wanna say thanks. Just made my introduction. :)

Well, usually my studies take a lot of time, but at the moment I'm on vacation. :) Am not sure if I could finish it in that time, but even after my classes I'll be able to translate it and write it down. Maybe it will take October, would that be okay? :)

virginie
Advanced Member
virginie
Advanced Member

8:17 AM - Sep 28, 2009 #5

Don't worry for that, take your time. No hurry. :)

I'll send you a PM with the links to download the videos. Do you know Megaupload ?

Jen
Jen

6:31 PM - Oct 04, 2009 #6

Hey Virginie!

Sorry for being offline for a few days, a friend needed help 'cause she's moving to another city, so I wasn't able to come online. :(

Of course I know megaupload, don't worry. Will download it now so that I can start my mission soon. :lol: