HGUC Hazel II

HGUC, HG SEED, HG SEED DESTINY, HG Fighting Action, any 1/144th kit can be discussed here.

HGUC Hazel II

Char Aznable
Vice Admiral
Char Aznable
Vice Admiral

21 Jul 2006, 15:55 #1

Well, Guy's you heared it. The next AoZ HGUC is the Hazel II. Just like always, Discuss what you think about it, and hopfully it'll be what we expected.

So, I can see the re-use of prats from the previous kit's and maybe some MKII?.

GundamGuy-Click here guys for Gunpla Updates.
My Image Gallery

Titans Ace
Lieutenant
Titans Ace
Lieutenant

21 Jul 2006, 16:17 #2

So this kit will be painted in the TTT colors? Or will it be in the first Hazel kit colors?

Master P Rayer
Lieutenant Commander
Master P Rayer
Lieutenant Commander

22 Jul 2006, 04:51 #3

Hope they can convert it to GM Quell. I wonder if they include the full armor too.

wavehawk
Commander
wavehawk
Commander

22 Jul 2006, 10:32 #4

Master P Rayer @ Jul 22 2006, 04:51 AM wrote: Hope they can convert it to GM Quell.
Seconded. While the Hazel II is quite a good MS kit to want, I'd like to see the Quel-conversion capability as an option as well.
I am he who walks the path of heaven
and will rule over everything

Terrance
Lieutenant Commander
Terrance
Lieutenant Commander

22 Jul 2006, 14:37 #5

Master P Rayer @ Jul 22 2006, 04:51 AM wrote: Hope they can convert it to GM Quell. I wonder if they include the full armor too.
Well, even if it doesn't, look how many common components they share. Bandai'd be crazy not to release a seperate Quel ;)

darkstar0083
Commander

22 Jul 2006, 17:55 #6

So this kit will be painted in the TTT colors? Or will it be in the first Hazel kit colors?
-Titans Ace
I'd imagine that it would be released in this alternate Titans colour scheme...but who knows?

I think the HGUC Hazel II's compatibility with a possible GM Quell is a given...like Terrance said, they share so many common components. The Hazel II is, after all, a modified/re-designated GM Quell.

I wonder if this kit will see the advent of the 90mm GM beam rifle...

Bazookafied
Admiral

22 Jul 2006, 21:04 #7

That 90mm rifle is SO CLOSE to HGUC-ification right now... with the AoZ stuff out, with the Powered GM, there are plenty of Mobile Suits in the HGUC lineup that can use it... but just haven't used it enough to have it be part of their kit. The Gm Type C, GM Kai, GM Custom, all mobile suits that are so close to some of these recent designs, we HAVE to have something like that eventually!

I can't wait... as I would love to stick that Tri-booster on a Hazel Custom! Though the normal GM Quel legs are nice too, I just would like to see the possabilities of the interchangeable parts in AoZ.

Random_GM_Pilot
Lieutenant Commander
Random_GM_Pilot
Lieutenant Commander

23 Jul 2006, 08:57 #8

The first two Hazel HGUC's were fantastic, in this is my favorite Hazel of the line, so I'm pretty excited about it. I would also be overjoyed if this thing could convert to a GM Quel. I'm definitely crossing my fingers for it.

Mechapinoyboy
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Mechapinoyboy
Senior Chief Petty Officer

23 Jul 2006, 09:49 #9

I'd love to have a kit with both Quel and Hazel heads, and with the FA option.

but knowing bandai....

I'm starting to save up for about three more Hazel-type kits...

Cyber-kun
Ensign

23 Jul 2006, 22:30 #10

Ooh, this will be nice. Another thought is that IF it is made into a GM Quel, Bandai may remold it as a GM Custom as well.
"Let me go!
Master, I hate you so!
How can I sleep my nights,
When my whole being cries!"

~Sonata Arctica

ProtoMMC
Lieutenant
ProtoMMC
Lieutenant

24 Jul 2006, 03:10 #11

With the tri-boost unit, it will open more capabilities for the Hazels. I doubt it's likely that they'll have a convertable Quell in it given the old bandai BUT LATELY....they've been listening to consumers so...maybe a change!?

I'd like to see the GM TTT Kai/Sniper convertability though I doubt it'll happen. Gotta see what happens...

darkstar0083
Commander

24 Jul 2006, 03:24 #12

I'd most definitely put hopes into a possible GM Quell before putting them into a GM Custom. While they are fundamentally very similar, the GM Quell would be more 'dependent', if you will, on the HGUC Hazel's design (a very successful kit in terms of sales) whereas the GM Custom would be more dependent on the HGUC Gundam Alex's (a less than fabulous kit and all around proportionately awkward.) Save for a couple minor detail differences, their lower torsos are identical...but the dissimilarities begin in the upper torso. GM Custom shares a variation of nearly all major aesthetic components of the Alex's upper torso (arms included)…and with how overwhelmingly un-fantastic the Alex's HGUC incarnation was, I'm almost resenting the Custom's possible release. Almost. I'm sure I'd get over myself with any sort of news pertaining to an HGUC GM Custom. :) Anyway, Bandai is much more likely to release the Quell and hold off on the Custom for one key reason: effort. The GM Quell would only require the HGUC Hazel II's upper and lower torsos, a new head design, and Alex's backpack (if it isn't resized.) Nice and effortless. Let's take into consideration the HGUC GM Command: we have every canon variation of the GM Command save the GM Sniper II…the one that digresses the most from the original design and the one that would take the most effort to produce (for a remold.) But in the end, a GM Custom still somewhat possible.

Anyway, not to be the guy that totally bashes speculation, I’d like to join in…for kicks giggles: with a number of new pieces, a touch of Guncannon MPT, a little GM Custom (a possibility, thanks to the HGUC Hazel II) and a wee bit of Alex's Chobham Armour…we just might get a GM Cannon II! :D That's pretty far out there and I kinda contradicted myself, I know. Oh well, it's fun.

Bazookafied
Admiral

24 Jul 2006, 14:55 #13

Well, the conversion to the GM Quel isn't that far off of an idea, except for the fact that I would expect that this detail would've been released to us by now. Recently, Bandai has released the Dom/Rick Dom and its conversion parts, so I don't think that a quick conversion to a GM Quel is that far off. We'll just have to wait and see

Char Aznable
Vice Admiral
Char Aznable
Vice Admiral

01 Aug 2006, 20:29 #14

Proto image of the HGUC Hazel II.

GundamGuy-Click here guys for Gunpla Updates.
My Image Gallery

darkstar0083
Commander

02 Aug 2006, 06:55 #15

Those Quell parts are looking absolutely superb! I can very nearly see a GM Quell in our future. Don't look twice, gents, but look what it has in its right hand...a 90mm GM Beam Rifle! I called it.